Am I really possessed?

Discuss the Muslim Faith.
koan

Am I really possessed?

Post by koan »

I'm a psychic and my little brother, when he converted to Islam, said I was possessed by Jhinn (sp?) Since the messages I get (for the last 15 years) have always been healing and helpful...am I really possessed? According to Islam, that is.

:yh_nailbi
Paula

Am I really possessed?

Post by Paula »

do you know who you are to begin with? do you want to be possessed, or are you predicating to be, the word psychic can mean many things to me, no further comments, a fantasy related mind thought, unrealistic ideas that draw its own kind. Possession; to be held or controlled by some-one or some-thing. Dreaming, taken by a thought or lifestlye, drug induced, fairies. :-3 :-3
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
koan

Am I really possessed?

Post by koan »

I know who I am, what I am, how I am and why...not always where tho :yh_giggle

I am mostly clairaudient, with some clairvoyance and was wondering if any Islamic friends could help me figure out why my brother, who is Muslim, thinks I'm possessed.

Thanks for making me clarify.
gmc

Am I really possessed?

Post by gmc »

I am mostly clairaudient, with some clairvoyance and was wondering if any Islamic friends could help me figure out why my brother, who is Muslim, thinks I'm possessed.

Don't take this the wrong way but a lot of religious people are superstitious, what they can't understand must be explained as being wrong somehow djinn are creatures of muslim mythology.. Why possessed? it could just as easily be a gift from god. (speaking as an agnostic )Don't let other people define you or tell you you are strange. well you could let them as it probably makes them happy but make up your own min
capt_buzzard

Am I really possessed?

Post by capt_buzzard »

simply put.
Paula

Am I really possessed?

Post by Paula »

Could Be, and if you are? Possessed by a religion?
koan

Am I really possessed?

Post by koan »

gmc wrote: Don't take this the wrong way but a lot of religious people are superstitious, what they can't understand must be explained as being wrong somehow djinn are creatures of muslim mythology.. Why possessed? it could just as easily be a gift from god. (speaking as an agnostic )Don't let other people define you or tell you you are strange. well you could let them as it probably makes them happy but make up your own min

I think you nailed it. "What they can't understand." That is probably the best defence to take with him. The simpler the better. To argue is most likely pointless.

Of course the non religious version is to say I am schizophrenic. But of course, to me, people who don't believe in clairaudience and clairvoyance, or merely think we are alone in the world, suffer a form of schizophrenia in my eyes.
A Karenina

Am I really possessed?

Post by A Karenina »

There are lots of fascinating studies on the human brain. Some studies show that those with "the sight" or other special gifts actually use a larger percentage of their brains than the rest of us do. Since no one uses the full potential, or even a quarter of our full potential....it's possible that your answer/response to your brother lies in biology. And if it is biological, then isn't it a gift from Allah? Rather like the ability to give birth, to dance, to work, to feel pleasure, etc?

Just a thought... :)
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle
koan

Am I really possessed?

Post by koan »

A Karenina wrote: There are lots of fascinating studies on the human brain. Some studies show that those with "the sight" or other special gifts actually use a larger percentage of their brains than the rest of us do. Since no one uses the full potential, or even a quarter of our full potential....it's possible that your answer/response to your brother lies in biology. And if it is biological, then isn't it a gift from Allah? Rather like the ability to give birth, to dance, to work, to feel pleasure, etc?

Just a thought... :)

A very good thought! Thanks, that's even better. I was also thinking today that Mohammed claimed that the Koran was dictated to him by God directly (making it the word of God). This means that Mohammed, himself, experienced clairaudience and, unless their sacred Book comes from Djinn, it does not represent evil. Problem solved.
capt_buzzard

Am I really possessed?

Post by capt_buzzard »

Abdullah wrote: Sur there are other worlds living with us.

There are signs thet can show if you are possessed as you say. or you got other problem.

Send me a privet massege about how you feel , what you see, especialy in your dereams , and I will tell you if are possessed or not. Welcome back to FG Abdullah. Read your Koran.
Paula

Am I really possessed?

Post by Paula »

I am Possessed with FG... :-6
Bullet

Am I really possessed?

Post by Bullet »

Now I don't know about Djinn, but I can see things with Gin.:yh_rotfl
Death is more universal than life. For although everyone dies, not everyone truly lives.
BabyRider

Am I really possessed?

Post by BabyRider »

Abdullah wrote:

Send me a privet massege about how you feel , what you see, especialy in your dereams , and I will tell you if are possessed or not.
Is this nut still around? Please, PLEASE tell me that you are not going to believe any of the lunacy coming from this whacko. The simple fact that he believes he can tell, over the INTERNET of all freakin' places, whether or not you're possessed, gives me the chills. Sheesh... :yh_ooooo
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Paula

Am I really possessed?

Post by Paula »

Hello AbDullAh? Welcome back, you have left a lasting impression on us here...ReaLLY!
koan

Am I really possessed?

Post by koan »

koan wrote: I'm a psychic and my little brother, when he converted to Islam, said I was possessed by Jhinn (sp?) Since the messages I get (for the last 15 years) have always been healing and helpful...am I really possessed? According to Islam, that is.

Please note the underlined portion of my original post. I happen to know that I am not possessed I just wondered why Muslim would think I am. How do they know I'm not receiving info from Gabriel? Why assume it is Jinn?

But thanks for caring, Abdullah. :-6
Bill Sikes

Am I really possessed?

Post by Bill Sikes »

Abdullah wrote: (snip)

Ah! Speekee pidgin!
freethinkingthuthseeker

Am I really possessed?

Post by freethinkingthuthseeker »

Whilst you may not be possessed if you have any healing gifts which are not from God, you are in danger of being possessed Only God should have the Glory for anything supernatural
fuzzywuzzy

Am I really possessed?

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

koan;8043 wrote: I'm a psychic and my little brother, when he converted to Islam, said I was possessed by Jhinn (sp?) Since the messages I get (for the last 15 years) have always been healing and helpful...am I really possessed? According to Islam, that is.

Koan (huh, your about to learn something of me here) My parents, when I was about seven took me to our priest and convent to be prayed over..........I did strange things. Okay I did really strange things. when ever I got angry as a child I would be able to move things (yes without touching them) the things I didn't like would move to where I wanted them. Usually thrown across a room. ( I only remember once this happening the other times mum told me about when I was older) I used to stand at the doorway of the loungeroom and stare into space and mum and dads books would drop out of the bookcase (only their personal favourite books though) I used to suffer nighthorrors where I would predict things in the future. I saw all my nieces and nephews there (but this was a warning moment , I could always tell the difference) One day we were sitting at the table and I nonchalantly told everyone that dad had cut his finger off. He was 200km away. It wasn't his finger it was his thumb and he'd hammered to mush. Mum got on the phone to where he was and, yep he'd done it within a couple of minutes of me telling everyone. Lots and lots of other things that I'd forgotten about over the years until I was reminded of because of a particular incident in my life .

for those who think it's some sought of possession ....hell it's only that if it becomes awful which it can. but as I've proven over the years it can be turned off. Yes it's heredtry. and I have an afinity and closeness to certain members of the family who don't have this as strong as others. The Catholic church told my parents it was a "gift" . some gift ! NOT! Unpleasant? Yep very.

but to think it's out of the ordinary these days would be correct. I believe that we (well almost everyone had it in abundance once and as humans we lost it along the way some time back in ancient times. Are we descendents of prophets and the like? (hey they did this kind of stuff too) who knows? who cares?

I can give you some advice though, whilst your pregnant it will increase or totally diminish for the time being.

Return to “Islam”