New Caving depths

libertine

New Caving depths

Post by libertine »

A Russian team has reached new depths in caving...well over a mile. The previous record was 2000 meters.

The article is here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4472585.stm
Clint

New Caving depths

Post by Clint »

libertine wrote: A Russian team has reached new depths in caving...well over a mile. The previous record was 2000 meters.

The article is here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4472585.stm
I think there is something very wrong with someone who wants to break these kinds of records. Closter phobia is normal as I see it.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
lady cop

New Caving depths

Post by lady cop »

i have done underwater cave diving,and scared myself to death! 120 feet straight down,pitch black dark. i was really frightened. there was even a sign underwater about how many people died in the cave. one day two brothers died in the cave, ginnie springs florida, while their family cooked hamburgers. when their film was developed they were pointing at each others' 02 gauges on zero. and laughing. then they died.
Clint

New Caving depths

Post by Clint »

lady cop wrote: i have done underwater cave diving,and scared myself to death! 120 feet straight down,pitch black dark. i was really frightened. there was even a sign underwater about how many people died in the cave. one day two brothers died in the cave, ginnie springs florida, while their family cooked hamburgers. when their film was developed they were pointing at each others' 02 gauges on zero. and laughing. then they died.
The only good thing about being 120 feet under water that I can think of, is that my clothes would fit better.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.

Return to “Earth Changes”