Global Warming To Devastate Europe First

CVX

Post by CVX »

European winters will disappear by 2080 and extreme weather will become more common unless global warming across the continent is slowed, warns a major new report.

Europe is warming more quickly than the rest of the world with potentially devastating consequences, including more frequent heatwaves, flooding, rising sea levels and melting glaciers, says the European Environment Agency (EEA) document, launched on Wednesday.

More:

http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99996302
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

No kidding?! How was it last year and the year before? Freak weird year, or are you seeing a cooling pattern?

This interests me because you and I live up in the higher latitudes.

No change in weather in the Inland Northwest. Last year was hotter than normal - and drier. This year more normal. We just ended a week of 80's and 90's. Will have a cooler week coming up. Then, we'll go back to the usual 80 plus temps.

plazul wrote: We're setting new records for low summer temperatures here in northern MN. This week it was 23 degrees in Embarrass. I've had to have the heat on during the night for most of the summer and now the leaves are starting to turn a little bit in my yard. Very depressing to see considering that it's not even September yet.

Bring on the global warming! (kidding)
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.

Return to “Earth Changes”