Angle of Repose

Discussion of Books, Literature, Book Reviews, and more!
ssc

Angle of Repose

Post by ssc »

I like to discuss this great book. :-6
abbey

Angle of Repose

Post by abbey »

Hiya and welcome :-6

Can't say i've heard of it, do you want to tell us a little more?
Lon

Angle of Repose

Post by Lon »

The angle of repose is the angle at which loose rock is stable on a hillslope. The greater the angle of repose, the steeper the hillslope. Many factors attribute to the stability of different rock types including moisture, compaction, rock size, particle shape and rock texture. The angle of rock stability varies depending on rock type.

YOU REALLY WANT TO DISCUSS THIS? Surely you jest.

ssc

Angle of Repose

Post by ssc »

This is a book written by Wallace Stegner who won the pulitzer price. I am looking for readers who have enjoyed the same pleasure as I received upon reading this book and to discuss it.:yh_idea
abbey

Angle of Repose

Post by abbey »

Lon wrote: The angle of repose is the angle at which loose rock is stable on a hillslope. The greater the angle of repose, the steeper the hillslope. Many factors attribute to the stability of different rock types including moisture, compaction, rock size, particle shape and rock texture. The angle of rock stability varies depending on rock type.

Sounds riveting! :yh_hypno
minks

Angle of Repose

Post by minks »

Lon wrote: The angle of repose is the angle at which loose rock is stable on a hillslope. The greater the angle of repose, the steeper the hillslope. Many factors attribute to the stability of different rock types including moisture, compaction, rock size, particle shape and rock texture. The angle of rock stability varies depending on rock type.

Any Mention of the Frank Slide in this?
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
lady cop

Angle of Repose

Post by lady cop »

so it's ANGLE as opposed to ANGEL?? LOL big difference there. :wah: i told you guys spelling matters :D
Lon

Angle of Repose

Post by Lon »

My apologies SSC. I screwed up my Google Search with Angle instead of Angel. You have me curious now about the book and I have just ordered it through Amazon. The author sounds like he was a interesting person.
lady cop

Angle of Repose

Post by lady cop »

oh thanks Lon, make me look stupid! :wah:

Return to “The Library”