Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series

Discussion of Books, Literature, Book Reviews, and more!
actionfigurestepho

Post by actionfigurestepho »

Has anyone else gotten addicted to these? I want to discuss the Morelli/Ranger thing and also express my outrage that they want to use Reese Witherspoon in the upcoming movie.
actionfigurestepho

I just can't help it, I'm a Ranger-holic. And there are also mysteries going through the stories, if you can see past the explosions, funeral visits and hot Cuban guys in cargo pants.
SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

I really enjoyed this series.

When I first discovered them my daughter and I fought over who would read a book first.

When she moved away, I would buy the new books as they came out and then mail them to her.

We devoured the majority of the books with a hungry enthusiam, but I must say I am disappointed with the last 3. The repetitiveness of them is getting to be a bit of a bore. I'm not sure if I might not wait for a library copy or paperback of the next one out.

I did not like the end of the book where she picked the cop over Ranger. I felt all that had led up to this so far would indicate Ranger as the man of choice. I felt let down!!

No matter who plays what part in a movie, I will most likely see the film. Since seeing the movie rendition of the book "Clan of the Cave Bears", I no longer have very high expectations of what directors might do to a favorite book of mine. What they did to Clan of the Cave Bears was an abomination!!!! I was insensed over the slaughter of such a good novel. I now see flims made from books I've read with a more open mind -- to see what perhaps another might have preceived the book to be. I do not allow the movie to spoil my remembrance of a good read.
actionfigurestepho

I hear that they're thinking of Reese Witherspoon to play Stephanie in the movie. This disappoints me. Reese is just a little too "romantic comedy" for me. I think someone like Sandra Bullock would be a much better fit. She's goofier, and I think she's much funnier.

I too was disappointed that she wants to go with Morelli, although the last book gives me hope that Ranger's back in the picture. I was disappointed with books 9 and 10 because the mystery part of the book seemed to be lacking. I enjoy the mystery part as much as I enjoy reading the steamier scenes. The last book gave me some renewed hope. I think with the employment change there might be some new twists coming up that can make the series fresh again. Not to mention more Ranger.

Who do you see playing Ranger and Morelli? I always picture The Rock for Ranger, because it seems like he has the sense of humor, complexion and build for the part. Morelli's hard...maybe John Cusak? He looks good scruffy.
actionfigurestepho

I could see Johnny Depp. He's a great character actor. I saw Charlie Sheen on TV the other day and thought he might be good as well. He has the dark hair and the sarcastic thing going on. Plus he looks really good in jeans. I mean...not that I was looking...*shifty eyes*

Reese Witherspoon's too goody goody. If she wants to be Stephanie she's going to have to be willing to wrestle with a naked midget. I just can't picture that.
EmeraldPrincess

Post by EmeraldPrincess »

I love it. And if I were Stephanie, I wouldn't be able to decide between Morelli and Ranger either.

I can actually see Reese Witherspoon as Stephanie Plum, because even though she is not as goofy as Sandra Bullocks, from her acting in Legally Blonde series, I think she would be able to fit in as a Stephanie Plum. But I am sure we will find out.

As for the books, they are great....Ranger and Morelli ... Yum and Yummer (Or maybe Yummer and Yum)
Southern Belle

Post by Southern Belle »

There's a Yahoo group of Plum Fan Fiction - you might enjoy some of those stories. Also, Janet Evanovich has a website that you might check out.

I quit reading 'em after book 6, I think it was. The one where Stephanie got Bob? Even the auther called it her 'dog poop book'
Poodle Lady

Post by Poodle Lady »

I must say I just finished reading Finger Lickin Fifteen and was very disappointed by the lack of a sexual encounter between Ranger and Stephanie. We have been waiting since book 8 for a relationship to take place. Stephanie was not with Morelli who I think should find someone else anyway. So this was the perfect opportunity for Janet to treat the Ranger fans to a nice Ranger treat. I will probably hope this will happen in 16 but maybe poor Ranger, who really helps her out in all ways and accepts her for who she is will probably get kicked to the curb. Personally, I find Ranger more exciting than Morelli. Just my opinion.
Kindle

Post by Kindle »

Poodle Lady;1209307 wrote: I must say I just finished reading Finger Lickin Fifteen and was very disappointed by the lack of a sexual encounter between Ranger and Stephanie. We have been waiting since book 8 for a relationship to take place. Stephanie was not with Morelli who I think should find someone else anyway. So this was the perfect opportunity for Janet to treat the Ranger fans to a nice Ranger treat. I will probably hope this will happen in 16 but maybe poor Ranger, who really helps her out in all ways and accepts her for who she is will probably get kicked to the curb. Personally, I find Ranger more exciting than Morelli. Just my opinion.

You beat me to the book. I would have picked it up Tuesday, but I had just started Pride & Prejudice, so I didn't want to have it here to tempt me. I'm hooked on this series and fully agree with you on your assessment of Ranger. It's one of the reason I keep coming back.................. I'm sure we are not alone in our opinion, so hopefully............... there is always next years book.

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1

Return to “The Library”