Check this out

Discussion of Books, Literature, Book Reviews, and more!
punkin71

Check this out

Post by punkin71 »

Hey everyone....

Check out this book at Barnes & Noble dot com

ISBN# 1413733336

It is awesome;)
abbey

Check this out

Post by abbey »

Why don't you tell us a little about this "awesome book?"
punkin71

Check this out

Post by punkin71 »

It is a true story based on a mother's triumph over domestic violence and her eventual fight to save her young daughter from sexual abuse. It is sad yet truly inspiring.
lady cop

Check this out

Post by lady cop »

abbey wrote: Why don't you tell us a little about this "awesome book?"the title for example.
punkin71

Check this out

Post by punkin71 »

The title is:

Innnocence Stolen: A True Story
Accountable

Check this out

Post by Accountable »

punkin71 wrote: Hey everyone....

Check out this book at Barnes & Noble dot com

ISBN# 1413733336

It is awesome;)

Hey everybody! Check out punkins other posts! Hey, Punkin (Punking?), why the obsession over this book?
jasmund

Check this out

Post by jasmund »

Thanks, going to the library tomorrow, I'll see if I can get it, have you ever read a book by Lundy Bancroft, "Why Does He Do That"

If anyone of you have been in a relationship where you KNEW their was something wrong with your mate but he/she fit into so many catergories, this is it, and it lets you Really Heal.

If someone needs it I will send it to you , and then pass it on .

I belong to a bookclub on line, and also in the chain of Pharmacy I work for CVS

there are about 10 pharmacists and twice as many techs. we deliver the books and then we pass them on. If your lookin for something special let me know, since none of usually want the books back, just pass it on.

Thanks for the tip - Just so you know, I read like rabbits breed.
punkin71

Check this out

Post by punkin71 »

Actually most online bookstores search by ISBN. I am not obsessed with this book. However, I was an abused wife and I among others DO know what it's like to search for help to recover. There are countless books out there that can help those of us who are in need to find comfort in words. Such as another book by Lundy Bancroft entitled

Why Does He Do That?: Inside the Minds of Angry and Controlling Men

ISBN: 0425191656

Sometimes it helps to get suggestions from your peers in finding this type of material.

As for my nickname; Punkin' was the nickname that my grandfather always called me before he died just last year.

God Bless

Sorry to have offended anyone by merely doting on my favorite book.:)
Accountable

Check this out

Post by Accountable »

punkin71 wrote:

As for my nickname; Punkin' was the nickname that my grandfather always called me before he died just last year.

God Bless

Sorry to have offended anyone by merely doting on my favorite book.:)
'Tis I that owes the apology. I thought it was one of those spamming adverts.

Thanks for the clarification.
minks

Check this out

Post by minks »

jasmund wrote: Thanks, going to the library tomorrow, I'll see if I can get it, have you ever read a book by Lundy Bancroft, "Why Does He Do That"

If anyone of you have been in a relationship where you KNEW their was something wrong with your mate but he/she fit into so many catergories, this is it, and it lets you Really Heal.

If someone needs it I will send it to you , and then pass it on .

I belong to a bookclub on line, and also in the chain of Pharmacy I work for CVS

there are about 10 pharmacists and twice as many techs. we deliver the books and then we pass them on. If your lookin for something special let me know, since none of usually want the books back, just pass it on.

Thanks for the tip - Just so you know, I read like rabbits breed.

Do you or anyone think books like this would help a woman realize she should get out of this kind of abusive relationship.

I know a lady who lives with an abusive man, she knows what he is all about, but she can't let go, she is abused verbally, and emotionally. She admits it, She continues to say "but I have a soft spot for xyz" OMG this poor woman has had furniture destroyed by this man as he went through the house with his bare hands and broke it all. She has had him verbally slap her down with the most awful filth, in public places, as well she has all the marks of physical abuse. Yet no matter what I or her other friend say she won't end it. She is a beautiful woman I just can't understand why she stays. The crap far outweighs the good, he totally controls her it is awful. She has lost all her old friends because of him. Sad sad sad.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Betty Boop

Check this out

Post by Betty Boop »

minks wrote: Do you or anyone think books like this would help a woman realize she should get out of this kind of abusive relationship.

I know a lady who lives with an abusive man, she knows what he is all about, but she can't let go, she is abused verbally, and emotionally. She admits it, She continues to say "but I have a soft spot for xyz" OMG this poor woman has had furniture destroyed by this man as he went through the house with his bare hands and broke it all. She has had him verbally slap her down with the most awful filth, in public places, as well she has all the marks of physical abuse. Yet no matter what I or her other friend say she won't end it. She is a beautiful woman I just can't understand why she stays. The crap far outweighs the good, he totally controls her it is awful. She has lost all her old friends because of him. Sad sad sad.

She couldn't seriously take this book home though!!

God, the above sounds so familiar:-1 . She will not leave until she is strong enough to do so, whilst you run him down she will defend him:-5 just be there for her no matter what.

Thanks for the book suggestions, will look them up later.
abbey

Check this out

Post by abbey »

jasmund wrote: Just so you know, I read like rabbits breed.:-2

Bet that makes reading a little difficult! :D
abbey

Check this out

Post by abbey »

What does ISBN mean?
lady cop

Check this out

Post by lady cop »

flopstock wrote: :yh_rotfl

so, now that you've successfully made these yahoos feel like idiots(by the way, i'm likin you already girl! :D ) tell us the top 5 FUN things about you. these kids may be embarrassed to post around you, if all they recall about you is that they looked like idiots the last time they posted near you...;)er...i'm a yahoo and an idiot because i think when you recommend a book it would be nice to mention the title out the outset? :confused: she's flogged this book each time she came here and it DOES look like she may have a vested interest.... i do my share in helping abused women (including a few on this board)...these guys are real brave until we show up.
minks

Check this out

Post by minks »

abbey wrote: What does ISBN mean?

Tis the code on the back of the book when scanned tells you what the books name is, author and I think price too.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
punkin71

Check this out

Post by punkin71 »

Here we go:

To Flopstock-----

Top 5 fun things about me

1. Single (and glad)

2. Happy (for the 1st time in my life)

3. Great Mom (at least my kids say so)

Geez I can only think of three...

But I never set out to make anyone look like an idiot.;)

To Accountable:

No problem ;)

To Minks:

Sometimes it takes alot of years and alot of maturing for a woman to realize that she can do better than that jerk. Often by the time most of these women realize that, it's too late. The best thing to do is just look for an open door and get out while you still can. ;)

To Ladycop:

I understand where your coming from but I didn't realize that I was doing an infomercial. It may have seemed that way. However, that was never intended. I am truly sorry.

About me:

Have been abused

Did get out

Like to try to help other women by offering a little advice when I can;)
lady cop

Check this out

Post by lady cop »

no apology necessary...and i am glad you got out, many of the women i have dealt with only got out in the back of the ME's van.
Accountable

Check this out

Post by Accountable »

I've been around abusive relationships. Having a book like that in the house would be extremely dangerous. If it's available as an e-book, it might be hideable.

Return to “The Library”