Doris Kearns Goodwin

Discussion of Books, Literature, Book Reviews, and more!
dchistoryman

Doris Kearns Goodwin

Post by dchistoryman »

This book may already have been posted but I am new on here and there is such a lomg history I will fall asleep before I go back over it.

Just read "A Team of Rivals" by the above author... wow the best political book I have ever read bar none. Lincoln must be hands down the best President the US has ever had, a genius and a political operator of the first order. I have seen DKG a few times on the TV in DC, she used to be a regular on the Meet The Press as the late and sorely missed Tim Russert would wheel her out during elections to comment on past Presidents. She is a national teasure.
spot

Doris Kearns Goodwin

Post by spot »

I wonder whether you've read Gore Vidal's "Lincoln" and how closely the two pictures mesh together? Vidal uses a fiction format to cover the same ground. I'd be surprised if he'd got his history wrong, he's not that sort of writer.

Welcome to ForumGarden.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “The Library”