Never Be Lied To Again

Discussion of Books, Literature, Book Reviews, and more!
koan

Never Be Lied To Again

Post by koan »

Rather catchy title, huh?

Unfortunately, the majority of David Lieberman's book teaches you how to be come an insanely aggressive attacker in order to discover whether your suspicions are true with tactics that are only comprehensible if you assume the one under suspicion is guilty. I read all of the scenarios imagining the person suspected was innocent and found myself horrified with the recommendations he was making. He even teaches you effective ways to lie to the suspect in order to elicit signs of a lie. What's the frickin' point to that? I'm just glad I got it from the library and didn't pay to have someone try and turn me into a cynical bastard.
along-for-the-ride

Never Be Lied To Again

Post by along-for-the-ride »

“The worst lies are the lies we tell ourselves. We live in denial of what we do, even what we think. We do this because we're afraid. We fear we will not find love, and when we find it we fear we'll lose it. We fear that if we do not have love we will be unhappy.”

Richard Bach quote (American Writer, author of 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull', b.1936)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
along-for-the-ride

Never Be Lied To Again

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Here's another book:

Lies My Mother Never Told Me

A Memoir

By Kaylie Jones

In her riveting memoir Lies My Mother Never Told Me, Kaylie Jones—the daughter of author James Jones (From Here to Eternity) and an acclaimed author in her own right (A Soldier’s Daughter Never Cries; Celeste Ascending; As Soon As It Rains)—tells the poignant story of her relationship with her famous father and her alcoholic mother, and of her own struggles with the disease. A true story of privilege, loss, self-discovery, and redemption, Lies My Mother Never Told Me is Jones’s unforgettable account of a not-quite-fairy-tale childhood and adulthood defined by two constants: literature and alcohol.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

Return to “The Library”