Palin book sells a million copies

Discussion of Books, Literature, Book Reviews, and more!
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

NEW YORK -"Going Rogue" has sold a million copies.

HarperCollins spokeswoman Tina Andreadis said Tuesday that just two weeks after publication, Sarah Palin's memoir has sold 1 million copies. The print run for "Going Rogue" has been increased again, to 2.8 million copies. The original printing was 1.5 million, then moved up to 2.5 million.

"Going Rogue" joins a select club of million-selling political memoirs that includes Barack Obama's "The Audacity of Hope," Hillary Rodham Clinton's "Living History" and Bill Clinton's "My Life."

Article link: Palin book sells a million copies

Wondering if anyone here has bought or read this book?
koan

Post by koan »

I've only heard stuff about it on The Daily Show and Colbert Report and, being that they are comedy shows not news sources, am only left with the impression that her facts are in dispute.

Had a chuckle at this review Review: Going Rogue, by Sarah Palin - The Globe and Mail

Pity poor Palin: She would be the perfect mother/leader/woman if only she lived in a world without journalists, laws and people who don't think like her

G-man

Post by G-man »

I don't believe she actually wrote it (ghost writer, perhaps?)... not that I'm jealous or anything. :p I haven't read it or even so much as picked it up at the bookstores, but I would expect it to be a very entertaining read none-the-less. :yh_rotfl

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

qsducks

Post by qsducks »

I have a feeling we will all be seeing this so called memoir at yard sales over the coming summer of 2010 for $1.00...total waste of my money at least:wah:..have no interest in reading about her life as a frontier girl in Alaska and even worse her misguided total lying crap about how her life as a governor was ruined, etc. by everyone except herself.
koan

Post by koan »

Good summary of the problem with lying

"No one is really going to believe her if she can tell little white lies about 'Saturday Night Live' appearances and votes within her family," Stein explained. "Why would someone think she is a credible source on actual substantive policy? She is really just hurting herself and for no apparent reason."

Fact Checking Sarah Palin's "Going Rogue" - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

koan;1268140 wrote: Good summary of the problem with lying

"No one is really going to believe her if she can tell little white lies about 'Saturday Night Live' appearances and votes within her family," Stein explained. "Why would someone think she is a credible source on actual substantive policy? She is really just hurting herself and for no apparent reason."

Fact Checking Sarah Palin's "Going Rogue" - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

:wah::wah: Another book was released or is being released called "Going Rouge" & it cuts Palin to the bone...its supposed to be hilarious...now that is what I would call a good read
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

qsducks;1268146 wrote: :wah::wah: Another book was released or is being released called "Going Rouge" & it cuts Palin to the bone...its supposed to be hilarious...now that is what I would call a good read

The book you mention is in the OP. :thinking: NEW YORK -"Going Rogue" has gone platinum.

HarperCollins spokeswoman Tina Andreadis said Tuesday that just two weeks after publication, Sarah Palin's memoir has sold 1 million copies. The print run for "Going Rogue" has been increased again, to 2.8 million copies. The original printing was 1.5 million, then moved up to 2.5 million.

"Going Rogue" joins a select club of million-selling political memoirs that includes Barack Obama's "The Audacity of Hope," Hillary Rodham Clinton's "Living History" and Bill Clinton's "My Life."

Link: Palin book goes platinum
koan

Post by koan »

Going Rouge is only available for purchase on the publisher's website Buy Going Rouge : ORBooks

“Yes, there are a lot of jokes, but what we’re putting together is an alternative take on her,” said Kim. “Palin is writing a biography furthering herself as a brand, a celebrity and a candidate. It’s a one-sided take on the government, her views and her candidacy. What we’re doing is the other side, enlisting people who know her record, know what she did on the campaign trail.”

?Going Rouge? offers roguish reply to Palin book - TODAY: Book news
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

koan;1268207 wrote: Going Rouge is only available for purchase on the publisher's website Buy Going Rouge : ORBooks

“Yes, there are a lot of jokes, but what we’re putting together is an alternative take on her,” said Kim. “Palin is writing a biography furthering herself as a brand, a celebrity and a candidate. It’s a one-sided take on the government, her views and her candidacy. What we’re doing is the other side, enlisting people who know her record, know what she did on the campaign trail.”

?Going Rouge? offers roguish reply to Palin book - TODAY: Book news

Furthering herself as a brand? A brand of what? Stupidness in itself..the woman can't even speak in a coherant sentence without garbling up nuttiness. It appears now that the trooper who she wanted to fire is bringing a lawsuit up against her for lying about him in the book....wouldn't be surprised to see several lawsuits against "you betcha Sarah" in the coming months which of course she will blame the "media" about. Complete dimwit.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Has Sarah Palin admitted or denied the existence of this book?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Robert J;1268218 wrote: Has Sarah Palin admitted or denied the existence of this book?

Of course not..she can't even admit that she exists:yh_rotfl

Return to “The Library”