The Blind Side

Discussion of Books, Literature, Book Reviews, and more!
flopstock

The Blind Side

Post by flopstock »

by Michael Lewis

I liked this book. It was an easy read and very informative. Bought it Friday evening and finished it last night. I'm sure I missed stuff so I'll reread it in a week or so..:p

I disagreed with some of the ethics displayed. It kinda reinforced the notion that if you are good in sports, behavior doesn't matter - you are entitled to a free pass or two from folks.

I also learned a lot about LT and the position in this book. Probably if they could do an interesting book about a character for each position, non football fans would learn quite a bit about the tactical aspects of the sport. I've watched football my entire life and read stuff I had no inkling of.

---------

I saw Michael Oher in an interview last week. Interesting kid.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

flopstock

The Blind Side

Post by flopstock »

Contain your excitement. I'm off to see the movie now..:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

CARLA

The Blind Side

Post by CARLA »

So was it as good as they are saying?? LT is it about Lawrence Taylor?
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

flopstock

The Blind Side

Post by flopstock »

The opening scene is Theisman getting his leg broken by LT. The ending is this lady thanking god for LT for making the position so attractive to scouts and providing the opening for her adopted son.

I really liked Bullocks performance and the kids' - wasn't crazy about the fact that the movie version turned his attack while at university that injured a little white child into a fight back in the ghetto with a black woman holding up a screaming black child at the end.:rolleyes: Guess it's more acceptable to crush a brother in the hood for dissing your white family then it is to crush a brother hiding in the study hall of your school for having dissed your white family.... and in the process leave a little child bleeding on the floor.:lips:

And for sure if this mother had friends before this, she doesn't now:D Made them all look like a bunch of idiot bigots:rolleyes:

Return to “The Library”