read a good one recently?

Discussion of Books, Literature, Book Reviews, and more!
pink princess

Post by pink princess »

anyone read a good book recently?

ive just finished the next in the series of the 'shopaholic' books by sophie kinsella, excellent read, very entertaining and some of it is just sooooo true!!!

reading bill clintons autobiography next...... how many pages?!?! :eek:
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

:-4
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Was that 'Shopaholic and sister'? I found that very funny! I'm currently looking for my next read, need something light and funny! Any suggestions???
pink princess

Post by pink princess »

yeah was shopaholic and sister, loved it, so many bits i sat there and thought 'thats so true - ive done that!'

ooh ideas for another book......

try jayne eyre, it was my first classic and i got really hooked, not exactly funny though

im gonna go to a sussex stationers next week maybe and try and find some mroe shopaholicy type books for after ive ploughed my way thru clintons auto......
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

Porpoise

Post by Porpoise »

I haven't read Shopaholic & Sister yet but I did read: Confessions of a Shopaholic , Shopaholic Takes Manhattan , & Shopaholic Ties The Knot . They were all great. I heard that Shopaholic & Sister wasn't as good as the first three but now that you say it's funny, I am definitely going to read it. Sophie Kinsella is hilarious! :-6
DANGER!I drive like you do.
pink princess

Post by pink princess »

it seems so long since i read the first 3 but yeah i can see how some people would say the last one wasnt as good, it dealt with her a little more seriously just in terms of finding a long lost sister, but i liked that it put her in a real proper life situation

i think it was a really good read :)
life is what you make it

greydeadhead

Post by greydeadhead »

just finished Treatment by Mo Hayden.. phew.. great read. Her first book "Birdman" was excellent too...
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
pink princess

Post by pink princess »

not heard of it whats it about?
life is what you make it

greydeadhead

Post by greydeadhead »

She is an English writer.. so the terminlogy can be confusing... Main character is a cop on in some special crimes unit.. has alittle of everything .. profiling.. mystery.. etc. good reads both of them.
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
Bothwell

Post by Bothwell »

The Sea of Glory by Nathaniel Philbrick, he was the guy who wrote In the Heart of The sea as well which was also excellent
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
smithy87

Post by smithy87 »

I'm reading the Da Vinci Code at the mo'

it started really good, a good, thriller, hope its like that all through

Return to “The Library”