The Glass Castle

Discussion of Books, Literature, Book Reviews, and more!
minks

The Glass Castle

Post by minks »

I just read this book it was brilliant, amazing and incredibly sad. Quirky and odd yet compelling too. A facinating memoir. And when you think your life is or was bad, think of her during her childhood. WOW. I look forward to this becoming a movie.

Jeannette Walls for those who do not know was a Gossip Columnist.

Here is a bit piece from a review on her book "J Walls has carved a story with precision and grace out of one of the most chaotic, heartbreaking childhoods ever to be sed down on paper."

This from wikepedia....

Jeannette Walls is a writer and journalist. She was born in Phoenix, Arizona. She graduated with honors from Barnard College, the women's college affiliated with Columbia University. She published a bestselling memoir, The Glass Castle, in 2005. The book is being made into a film by Paramount. Walls now lives in northern Virginia. She is married to writer John Taylor. She has written for New York Magazine, Esquire, and USA Today, and appears regularly on The Today Show, CNN and PrimeTimeLive.

After nearly eight years of writing for the "Scoop" at MSNBC.com, Jeannette Walls left msnbc.com. Her final Scoop column appeared on 2007-07-26. She will be turning her full-time attention to writing books.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
[love]light

The Glass Castle

Post by [love]light »

This is an amazing book. By the end of the book, you are practically applauding the siblings for making it out in one piece. It's fascinating.

xoxo
The most important things in life are:

laughter, love, and a healthy appreciation for the dark side!

Kindle

The Glass Castle

Post by Kindle »

I too loved this book. It was fascinating to me that one would "CHOOSE" to live such a meager existance when they could be, in my mind, more comfortable.

To find out that there were substantial assets and yet the mother never dipped into them was most interesting. I guess if one has options, one can choose to do whatever you want to do and be happy cause you freely chose it. It is only when you are forced to endure a life you do not choose that it is a hardship.

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
Kathy Ellen

The Glass Castle

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Thank you Minks:-4 Sounds great....I'll look into it:-6

Return to “The Library”