whats the name of this book?

Discussion of Books, Literature, Book Reviews, and more!
shibee

Post by shibee »

A few years back, i started a wonderful book. For the life of me, i cannot remember the name of it or who wrote it. I didn't get too far in the book as it was misplaced and never seen again. However i will tell you what i remember of the book...

I want to say that the family was poor, lived on a farm maybe?

They had a daughter (that i think was named Andromeda or something like that) and a son. I know this sounds stupid, but i want to say that the family somehow put the daughter in a well? or a hole? for maybe publicity...donations...

thats as far as i got and its hard to remember all the details...but if anyone can help with the title or even author of this, i would greatly appreciate it. thanks!
:yh_mfight
spot

Post by spot »

Lewis Carroll's "Alice in Wonderland".
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
shibee

Post by shibee »

no, i don't think that was it...

i want to say it was more along the lines of dean koontz, steven king or someone who writes similar to them. thanks though!
:yh_mfight
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

Can you remember any more details?
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son

Post by 911 »

shibee;780093 wrote: no, i don't think that was it...

i want to say it was more along the lines of dean koontz, steven king or someone who writes similar to them. thanks though!

Big fan of both of them but the only thing that comes to mind is 'Deloris Claiburn'(sp) but she tricked her husband into falling into a well to kill him.

My favorite quote from that book is when she says, "Sometimes being a bitch is the only thing a woman has to hold onto", or thereabouts.
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

"Bag of Bones" by Stephen King?

I just started "Duma Key".
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

Post by 911 »

along-for-the-ride;780531 wrote: "Bag of Bones" by Stephen King?

I just started "Duma Key".

I read it about a week ago. You're gonna love it. Heeeeee's baaaaccckkk! It's like the old Stephen King.

Although I will read anything he writes, I haven't liked much of what's he's written lately. Although I enjoyed 'The Colorado Kid', it was a good diversion from his original genre.
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
spot

Post by spot »

What decade was it set in shibee? Have you the names of any other characters? Anything you can remember about them? What State they lived in, whether their granny had been a slave, that sort of thing.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Another one..

Did they have a dog named Spot?
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Blessing

The Spanish Bow

The Memory Keepers Daughter

I AM AWESOME MAN
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

shibee;780082 wrote: A few years back, i started a wonderful book. For the life of me, i cannot remember the name of it or who wrote it. I didn't get too far in the book as it was misplaced and never seen again. However i will tell you what i remember of the book...

I want to say that the family was poor, lived on a farm maybe?

They had a daughter (that i think was named Andromeda or something like that) and a son. I know this sounds stupid, but i want to say that the family somehow put the daughter in a well? or a hole? for maybe publicity...donations...

thats as far as i got and its hard to remember all the details...but if anyone can help with the title or even author of this, i would greatly appreciate it. thanks!

It's called "The Ring"
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
spot

Post by spot »

nvalleyvee;792347 wrote: It's called "The Ring"

You're talking about The Ring by Koji Suzuki? I remember seeing the original film of that book before the US remake happened. The Japanese film was impressive, very impressive, but it's not got a huge number of overlaps with the OP.

We really really need another clue or three before we can get near this one.

Return to “The Library”