Who has read...

Discussion of Books, Literature, Book Reviews, and more!
boo_bear

Who has read...

Post by boo_bear »

.....Virginia Andrews Flowers in the Attic? (and the follow ups)? They are really good books. Would recommend it to anyone!
pinkchick

Who has read...

Post by pinkchick »

Hey Boo,

I've read them and really enjoyed them:-6
Very nearly perfect ... :D
mikeinie

Who has read...

Post by mikeinie »

A friends of mine loved those books, read them all. Never did myself, but I heard they were good.
boo_bear

Who has read...

Post by boo_bear »

They are! Read the first 2. Reading them again. But need Seeds of Yesterday and Garden of Shadows. Then I have the whole series :D
Peg

Who has read...

Post by Peg »

I go to second hand book stores. I collect V.C. Andrews books. Haven't read one I didn't like.
pinkchick

Who has read...

Post by pinkchick »

Gosh - you've put me in the notion to read them again:D
Very nearly perfect ... :D
boo_bear

Who has read...

Post by boo_bear »

I go second hand shops too. Thats where I have got them all from. I have read Dawn as well which was really good!
buttercup

Who has read...

Post by buttercup »

Pinky;656055 wrote: Yup, I read all of them quite a few years ago now..I liked her 'Heaven' series too!

Ditto :D
RedGlitter

Who has read...

Post by RedGlitter »

I devoured those books in junior high. They were so well written and completely captivating.
[love]light

Who has read...

Post by [love]light »

oh my lord, boo! I was obsessed with VC Andrews in grade school. I read them all. Ruby, Pearl, the twins, the attic flowers....

did anyone else notice the theme of incest and abandonment in all of her series?

did you guys know that VC Andrews actually died, but another writer was contracted to write in her name? The new writer continued her style of work, but I think you can tell a slight difference.

What about Christoper Pike? RL Stine? Creeeeeeeepy.
The most important things in life are:

laughter, love, and a healthy appreciation for the dark side!

Nomad

Who has read...

Post by Nomad »

I read the 1st one but I dont think that makes me gay if thats what youre trying to imply.
I AM AWESOME MAN
[love]light

Who has read...

Post by [love]light »

:Nomad;670027 wrote: I read the 1st one but I dont think that makes me gay if thats what youre trying to imply.

defensive much?

:p
The most important things in life are:

laughter, love, and a healthy appreciation for the dark side!

Peg

Who has read...

Post by Peg »

Too bad boo hasn't been around lately. :( I just bought a ton of V.C. Andrews books. I have a lot of doubles and triples, but also got a lot I didn't have. I'm going to sell the doubles at our VFW Ladies Auxiliary rummage sale in hopes of helping them out and someone else add to their collection.
Sheryl

Who has read...

Post by Sheryl »

I loved V.C. Andrew's earlier books. But the ones released after her death, don't have the same quality.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Peg

Who has read...

Post by Peg »

Now my problem is I have to buy another bookcase. I've also started a collection of Stephen King books. It's not easy finding room in this house for another bookcase. :-3
Sheryl

Who has read...

Post by Sheryl »

:wah: It's ok Peg. I am in the same situation. But I try to go through my books and get rid of the ones I didn't care for. However, there's not many that I don't care for. :wah:

my son

Who has read...

Post by 911 »

Peg;713460 wrote: Now my problem is I have to buy another bookcase. I've also started a collection of Stephen King books. It's not easy finding room in this house for another bookcase. :-3

If you're gonna collect Stephen King books, better buy two bookcases! :wah:

Because you have to include other books with his stories in them and mags with stories and biographies and . . . well, good luck! I have nearly all of his and my bookcase is two books deep and I'm still running out of room-for all my books.

I have seven bookcases throughout my house and they are jammed packed. Every now and then I go through them and bag some up to take to my MIL. She takes what she wants and then passes the rest along to her friends and grandchildren.
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
Kathy Ellen

Who has read...

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Happy New Year to everyone,

I just finished reading James Patterson's new book "Double Cross" and was a bit disappointed with the plot...sounding like too many of his previous books. But, I always think about Morgan Freedman playing the part of Alex and that makes me happy. I love MF.

Just beginning to read Elizabeth Gilbert's "Eat, Pray,Love." It's a real chick book...about a woman's life journey after her divorce across Italy, India and Indonesia. It seems like a good read.

And lastly, then I'll read one of my fav authors..."The Nasty Bits" by Anthony Bourdain. If you don't know him, he's a chef and author who was picket up by the Travel Channel and the Food Channel.

But, now I'm off to buy the video "Where the Boys Are.":-4

Are you reading anything good now??
Sheryl

Who has read...

Post by Sheryl »

I'm in the process of reading Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. I picked it up while working the bookfair at my son's school. It's a book geared for teenagers, but so far I like it.

my son
johnW

Who has read...

Post by johnW »

I thought Flowers in the Attic was quite good as well. I also enjoyed the follow up Petals in the Wind a lot and would recommend that as well.

Return to “The Library”