The reading room

Discussion of Books, Literature, Book Reviews, and more!
neffy

The reading room

Post by neffy »

this where we could read a book and then discuss it ............

it will be once a mth .This mths choose is Maeve Binchy *Quentins.I hope some of you will join in.The review will be back here june 29th.Hope who ever joins in will have fun.
The rottie queen
Carl44

The reading room

Post by Carl44 »

neffy;624526 wrote: this where we could read a book and then discuss it ............

it will be once a mth .This mths choose is Maeve Binchy *Quentins.I hope some of you will join in.The review will be back here june 29th.Hope who ever joins in will have fun.

great idea .... oh crap i can hardly read ..... anyway you guys just have fun dont worry about me :-3 :-3
koan

The reading room

Post by koan »

Hadn't heard of the author before so I looked her up.

The brief description of the book from amazon is:

In Maeve Binchy's timely and topical tale, Quentins, Ella Brady is a documentary filmmaker who wants to bring the tale of the eponymous Dublin restaurant to the screen. Quentins has had its fair share of ups and downs over the years and has become the meeting point for a lot of characters, including some familiar faces from previous Binchy novels. As Ella makes more and more headway with her documentary, the secrets, betrayals, and stories of love that emerge make her question whether or not she wants to bring the tale of Quentins to the screen after all; especially as she is also forced to confront a devastating dilemma from her own past.

Sounds like an nice, light read. :)
neffy

The reading room

Post by neffy »

ops forgot to do something like that thanks koan:yh_worshp :yh_worshp
The rottie queen
NotToday

The reading room

Post by NotToday »

If I could keep myself off of the i nternet long enough maybe I could finish one :wah:

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax, and get used to the idea." - Robert A. Heinlein
neffy

The reading room

Post by neffy »

i am so pleased that you all sre going to like this thread and pinly you can join anytime.:wah: I have started to read the book i have choosing.So if any of you are gong to read it good and enjoy
The rottie queen
neffy

The reading room

Post by neffy »

i think we better change the date to end of AUGUST i will post what book at the end of june.The summer is a busy time for all of us,Watch this space:)
The rottie queen
koan

The reading room

Post by koan »

It looks like a really good novel. I hadn't heard of the writer before but I take it she's well known in the UK.

I wish I had time to read right now. I'll probably have to wait out for the next one.
sunny104

The reading room

Post by sunny104 »

I LOVE her!!!! I've already read everything she's written........:o
SpiderSam

The reading room

Post by SpiderSam »

I have read a few of her books and enjoyed them all. However I have just started a Martina Cole book which might not take long to read as unputdownable. :wah: Will keep a look out for that one.
neffy

The reading room

Post by neffy »

hi maybe we should start with the first one "scarlett Feathers" let me all know how you feel about this xxx
The rottie queen
littlemissgiggle

The reading room

Post by littlemissgiggle »

ooh I have scarlet feathers,

I am 3 quarters the way through Quentins

:wah:

Return to “The Library”