Life of Pi

Discussion of Books, Literature, Book Reviews, and more!
persephone

Life of Pi

Post by persephone »

I've just been told by my flatmate who reads books in a day that it's interesting but he didn't finish it himself.
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
Bothwell

Life of Pi

Post by Bothwell »

Fantastic book one of the best I have ever read and has a real kick in the tail. When you have finished it I would like to know what you got out of it.
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
Hawke

Life of Pi

Post by Hawke »

See also PI. Good movie.
SOJOURNER

Life of Pi

Post by SOJOURNER »

I so enjoyed reading this book and had no trouble at all believing the first story. Apparently it has been a very popular book in discussion groups and the Web provides a great deal of info on it.

I don't usually reread books. My feeling is that there are too many books out there that I haven't yet read to waste the time on rereading, BUT this is a book I will reread. I've tried to encourage friends of mine to read it, but they are a stubborn lot and are slow to comply. Then when they finally do read it, it's why didn't you tell me.........
EmeraldPrincess

Life of Pi

Post by EmeraldPrincess »

I have read it, and I personally don't like it. I have nothing against complex books, but this particular one, I just found dull. The story seemed to be dragging on and on, and though the storyline in a nutshell is quite interesting, the way it's presented was not to my taste.
chonsigirl

Life of Pi

Post by chonsigirl »

It is well worth the effort, it was the only new book I read last year, and enjoyed. It has multiple meanings, which you can take or leave as you wish.

Return to “The Library”