books that move you...

Discussion of Books, Literature, Book Reviews, and more!
clarisse

books that move you...

Post by clarisse »

Hmm just curious to know the type of books people have read that have moved them..

For me, books that have brought tears to my eyes are "Awake and Dreaming" by Kit Pearson, "The Outsiders" by S.E. Hinton, "The Ancient One" by T.A Barron, and the ever popular Harry Potter books! They all had their meanings to me.. :)
Uncle Kram

books that move you...

Post by Uncle Kram »

"Birdsong" by Sebastian Faulks is the only book that has moved me to the brink of tears.

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
Bez

books that move you...

Post by Bez »

Uncle Kram;494624 wrote: "Birdsong" by Sebastian Faulks is the only book that has moved me to the brink of tears.

I have that book but I've not got round to reading yet....will now...

The "Widow of the South" by Robert Hicks.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Galbally

books that move you...

Post by Galbally »

From my recent spell from helping out in a bookshop I could start a thread,

"Books what I moved" :wah:
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Uncle Kram

books that move you...

Post by Uncle Kram »

Galbally;494704 wrote: From my recent spell from helping out in a bookshop I could start a thread,

"Books what I moved" :wah::wah:

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
Galbally

books that move you...

Post by Galbally »

Actually I just finished Robert Fisk's book about the Middle East (con-coincidently on the same day that it was announced that Saddam will certainly hang), and it is an overwhelmingly powerful, tragic, terrifying book.

It is certainly a book that would give anyone pause for thought about where we have manage to get by 2007. I would recommend it to anyone interested in the Middle East. You may not agree with everything he thinks, (I include myself in this list) but its definetly a book that makes you think about where all this is heading and the abject failure of both Western and local policies in this region since WWI.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
guppy

books that move you...

Post by guppy »

The five people you meet in heaven and the lovely bones , will never forget susie salmon......tragic, haunting .........
chonsigirl

books that move you...

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, give me some more hints for books, I got gift certificates for Borders...........:)
Dynamite

books that move you...

Post by Dynamite »

I must have read The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood fifty times and I always, always cry when Vivi is sent to the convent. I also cry over the relationship between Vivi and Sidda; it makes me love my mum even more.

The Count of Monte Cristo is the ultimate in revenge for undue harm. And I always bawl at the end. :-1 Can't get away from those emotions!

My Sister's Keeper has been my favorite Picoult since The Pact. I never saw the end coming, but it really was so fitting. :-1 Bawling at just the memory!

Don't tell my priest, but The Thornbirds made me go back to church.. :o

Return to “The Library”