What books have you bought lately?

Discussion of Books, Literature, Book Reviews, and more!
SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

I bought 3 this weekend.

For my trip I purchased "Don't Try This At Home - Culinary Catastrophes from the World's Grestest Chefs" which is edited by Kimberly Witherspoon and Andrew Friedman. It includes more than 40 tales told by these chefs and I thought it would be an amusing read on the 14 hour flight. Something I could read and leave while still giving me a chuckle and something to think about.

I also picked up "Shadow Divers" by Robert Kurson which is a true adventure of 2 Americans who risked everthing to solve one of the last mysteries of WW11..... a sunken German u-boat was found in 1991 just 60 miles off the coast of New Jersey. I thought perhaps my hubby might be interested in reading this one as well. He usually only reads when he travels and most often asks, as he is packing, "You have anything for me to read on the plane?" :yh_rotfl

My last choice was "Garbage Land - On the secret trail of trash" by Elizabeth Royte. The author follows the things we've "disposed of" to their ultimate (and often surprising) destination. It shows how our decisions about consumption and waste have a very real impact.............

Those were my picks.............. what have you chosen lately?
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

The last books I bought were all 3 of Nora Robert's latest trilogy.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Bored_Wombat

Post by Bored_Wombat »

I bought "Daylight" by Elizabeth Knox, since I thought "The Vintner's Luck", (about the life of a Vinter in the South of France, and his relationship with an Angel with Christ's face) was all class.

But I won't get to read it for a spell. Still going through Flannery's "The Weathermakers" (About global warming).
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

I bought (and just finished) John Berendt's The City of Falling Angels. I recommend this book for someone who would enjoy a "real people/behind the scenes look" at Venice Italy. It speaks of the fire at La Fenice, the Venice Opera House and how it affected Venetians. It also talks about the history of Venice and the lineage of current residents. The best part for me, was getting on the Web and looking up all the beautiful 13th and 14th century palazzi or palaces that are still being lived in. Such as Palazzo Barbaro. I was really fascinated by this book, it was a good spend of $9.95. ;)

Return to “The Library”