Friendship: An Expose

Discussion of Books, Literature, Book Reviews, and more!
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

Friendship: An Expose by Joseph Epstein

http://www.copperfieldsbooks.com/NASApp ... 0618341498

I have, actually, not yet read this book, but just heard of it this morning when I saw an interview with the author on television this morning. It seems an interesting collection of his views of various types of friendships in a persons life..and even how it has changed over the years.

He discusses the different types of friendships..from the school mates we are still friends with, to the occasional friends (you know, dinner and a movie a couple times a year) or the needy ones. And the "no-sex_ friendships between a man and woman.

What perked my ears, and made me decide to mention it here was he mentioned the friends he has whom he has never actually met...the ones he has made online. He considers many of them good friends, exchanges several emails a day, and never has, and probably never will have a face to face meeting.

I am definatly interested in getting this book and taking a look at what he has to say.
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Marie

That does sound interesting.

There are so many different kinds of friendships, aren't there? And they all have value in their own unique way.:-6

Let us know if you get the book.
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Please do tell us about the book when you have finished it, Marie. It sounds very interesting.:)
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

I stopped at Barnes & Noble while I was out running errands...it is right across the street from the PetCo I go to, so I figured, what the heck. I got the book. I have only just glanced at it, read a paragraph here and there. Looks like it will be an interesting read. Will keep you posted once I get more into it.

Return to “The Library”