Are You a Grumpy Git?

Discussion of Books, Literature, Book Reviews, and more!
lady cop

Are You a Grumpy Git?

Post by lady cop »

i thought our resident gits might want to check this out! you know who you are! LOL

Are you a grumpy git?

THERE’S nothing us Brits like more than a good old moan.

That’s according to the authors of a new book devoted to the annoyances of modern living.

Self confessed grumps Andrew John and Stephen Blake revel in gloom and say grouchiness should be celebrated – which is why they’ve written a book called Are You A Miserable Old Git?

Featuring downbeat sayings, pessimistic tales of doom and insights into the science of grumpiness, the authors describe their book as a cornucopia of cantankerousness.

re! LOL

Attached files
valerie

Are You a Grumpy Git?

Post by valerie »

Well I'm obviously not a Brit but I am grumpy sometimes. A lot more often

lately since I have so much insomnia.

Now leave me alone.

Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

lady cop

Are You a Grumpy Git?

Post by lady cop »

i just ordered the book from amazon UK...can't wait to give it to Bothwell who is NOT however, a grumpy old git:yh_giggle . .......damn shipping cost as much as the book!
lady cop

Are You a Grumpy Git?

Post by lady cop »

valerie wrote: Well I'm obviously not a Brit but I am grumpy sometimes. A lot more often

lately since I have so much insomnia.

Now leave me alone.

GRUMPY GROUCH!! :p
abbey

Are You a Grumpy Git?

Post by abbey »

Re: Are You a Grumpy Git?

Apparently so :yh_eyebro
buttercup

Are You a Grumpy Git?

Post by buttercup »

OpenMind

Are You a Grumpy Git?

Post by OpenMind »

lady cop wrote: i just ordered the book from amazon UK...can't wait to give it to Bothwell who is NOT however, a grumpy old git:yh_giggle . .......damn shipping cost as much as the book!

Nice sig, LC.

This is bolting the stable door after it's gone, but you could have had the book sent straight to him as Amazon provide for you to send to any address. That would have saved a lot of shipping. (You probably already know this and I'm just sticking my nose in.)
Bez

Are You a Grumpy Git?

Post by Bez »

ArnoldLayne wrote: http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/artic ... 1010.shtml

We have a series based on Grumpy old men on the BBC. Its just short snippets of "old" TV celebrities whinging at life in general. Its very funny

I never miss it....the guys are better than the women...Rick Parfait really makes me laugh !
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
lady cop

Are You a Grumpy Git?

Post by lady cop »

OpenMind wrote: Nice sig, LC.

This is bolting the stable door after it's gone, but you could have had the book sent straight to him as Amazon provide for you to send to any address. That would have saved a lot of shipping. (You probably already know this and I'm just sticking my nose in.)yes, but i'm reading it first! :wah: --i'll save it for him when he comes over...last time we had to ship all the books back DHL.
OpenMind

Are You a Grumpy Git?

Post by OpenMind »

lady cop wrote: yes, but i'm reading it first! :wah: --i'll save it for him when he comes over...last time we had to ship all the books back DHL.

:yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl

I knew I was just sticking my nose in.:-5
vampress.rozz

Are You a Grumpy Git?

Post by vampress.rozz »

I'm not grumpy as a rule. I can go weeks without moaning but then all of a sudden it seems to build up instantly to a crecendo of annoyance. Then my mouth opens and I rant and rant and rant. Then I feel guilty. That's what usually happens with me.

BUT last Night I was watching two of my favourite tv programs that are on at the moment. BONES and ANGEL...every single advert started with an advert for Ricky Gervais and his simpson show each set of adverts also ended with it. Now I'm definitely not his biggest fan in fact usually I would say I'm indiferent to him. Last night I turned into a right grumpy git. Seeing his stupid grinning face each time got me more and more incensed.... I had to go upstairs to moan at other members of the family about it...I felt like punching his little smiling face to oblivion :-5 .....o.k grumpyness ove r:) thanks for letting me get that off my chest.
Blessed be.
OpenMind

Are You a Grumpy Git?

Post by OpenMind »

vampress.rozz wrote: I'm not grumpy as a rule. I can go weeks without moaning but then all of a sudden it seems to build up instantly to a crecendo of annoyance. Then my mouth opens and I rant and rant and rant. Then I feel guilty. That's what usually happens with me.

BUT last Night I was watching two of my favourite tv programs that are on at the moment. BONES and ANGEL...every single advert started with an advert for Ricky Gervais and his simpson show each set of adverts also ended with it. Now I'm definitely not his biggest fan in fact usually I would say I'm indiferent to him. Last night I turned into a right grumpy git. Seeing his stupid grinning face each time got me more and more incensed.... I had to go upstairs to moan at other members of the family about it...I felt like punching his little smiling face to oblivion :-5 .....o.k grumpyness ove r:) thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

I always skip the commercials. Everything I watch gets recorded because I don't have time to watch TV much. I usually catch up at the weekend.
vampress.rozz

Are You a Grumpy Git?

Post by vampress.rozz »

:) lol sounds like a good idea but I'm addicted to Bones and can't bring myself to wait to watch it.:)
Blessed be.
BabyRider

Are You a Grumpy Git?

Post by BabyRider »

Yeah, the authors of this book? They came and interviewed me, just to have a broader cross-section of subjects. I got left out of the book because I out-grumped EVERYONE. :thinking:
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

OpenMind

Are You a Grumpy Git?

Post by OpenMind »

BabyRider wrote: Yeah, the authors of this book? They came and interviewed me, just to have a broader cross-section of subjects. I got left out of the book because I out-grumped EVERYONE. :thinking:

I can believe that you out-grumped everyone (who, sweet BR:D ), but how do you expect me to believe they went all the way to the USA to interview you for a very British book about grumpy British men?:rolleyes:
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Are You a Grumpy Git?

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

Grumpy bitch here !!!!his lordship calles me the pitbull not sure why .....:confused:
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
vampress.rozz

Are You a Grumpy Git?

Post by vampress.rozz »

Hey Pinky great Avatar I use that one on my emails :)

That's cool that you look out for your friends.
Blessed be.

Return to “The Library”