There's a new Stephen King book out :D

Discussion of Books, Literature, Book Reviews, and more!
spot

Post by spot »

SnoozeControl wrote: At least I've never heard of it. I'm all excited!:D He still has a way with dialog - I quite like it so far:

"Wow," Alice said, once they were walking toward the Salem Street ramp again, Mister Big's Giant Discount Liquor falling behind them. "You grew up with someone like that?"

"My mother and both of her sisters," Tom said. "First N.E. Church of Christ the Redeemer. They took Jesus as their personal savior, and the church took them as its personal pigeons."

"Where is your mother now?" Clay asked.

Tom glanced at him briefly. "Heaven. Unless they rooked her on that one, too. I'm pretty sure the bastards did."
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

"That's why 'cell' rhymes with 'hell'." ;)

I just finished it a couple weeks ago. Great story....want another.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
spot

Post by spot »

One more quote from the book, to show Stephen King really does have flashes of style:

"Look at this," Clay said. He picked up a CD from the motel's turn-in and shone the beam of his flashlight on it. It was Love Songs, by Michael Bolton.

"And you said they were getting smarter," Tom said.

"Don't be so quick to judge," Clay said as they started toward the units. "Whoever had it threw it away, right?"

"More likely just dropped it," Tom said.

Alice shone her own light on the CD. "Who is this guy?"

"Honeybunch," Tom said, "you don't want to know." He took the CD and tossed it back over his shoulder.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “The Library”