The Wheel of Time Series?

Discussion of Books, Literature, Book Reviews, and more!
Gaius

Post by Gaius »

Anyone else read them?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I've known a lot of people who totally loved that series so I thought I'd give it a try myself. I got Eye of the World but had a really hard time getting into it, something about Jordan's writing style didn't agree with me at all. But I hadn't given up on it yet when my family moved and the book disappeared (as a few things inevitably seem to whenever you move) and I haven't bought a new one since then.
Gaius

Post by Gaius »

I'll be first to admit; His writing style is boring. He can't write women. The books are riddled with cliches.

But the world he created is second to none. The actual world of Wheel of Time is better than Lord of the Rings, but Tolkien is easily the better writer of the two.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Oh yes, that's one of the things I remember the most clearly is how annoyingly he portrayed female characters. I'm surprised none of the women who recommended the series to me were more offended by that.

Before I lost the book I hadn't gotten to know the WoT world well enough to compare it with anything else, but I'll give it another go sometime.
123cat

Post by 123cat »

gave up, will it ever end? 3 books is surely enough.

Return to “The Library”