The DeVinci Code

Discussion of Books, Literature, Book Reviews, and more!
jennyswan

The DeVinci Code

Post by jennyswan »

I just bought this today and I will start it tonight. Anybody read it?
Jives

The DeVinci Code

Post by Jives »

I'm dying to read it, Jenny! Tell me if you like it! (I think that movie, "National Treasure" was loosely based on the Code, and I love that movie.):D
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
shadow man

The DeVinci Code

Post by shadow man »

Must confess not much of a reader...never seem to have time or piece and quiet . well that my excuse..But i was talking to a work pal..( not friend. dont have any ) he sez its Great, so i hope you enjoy....

That me and you babe.....:-4

Shadow:sneaky:
jennyswan

The DeVinci Code

Post by jennyswan »

not friend. dont have any

You're not getting away with that one Shadow.

You have all of us :)

I must confess I'm a bit of a book worm. I always have about 3 or four on the go ;)

Hey Jives,

I loved that film too. I love a good action film. I love going to the movies, popcorn, coke and a good film. Ahh that's what life is all about ;)
Lon

The DeVinci Code

Post by Lon »

jennyswan wrote: I just bought this today and I will start it tonight. Anybody read it?

It's a great read Jenny. I am sure you will enjoy it.
gmc

The DeVinci Code

Post by gmc »

Good read just don't take it too seriously. What finally did it for me was when he describes coming out Rosslyn chapel and looking out over the darkened scottish countryside. it's in the middle of a town and two miles from edinburgh city bypass.
Jives

The DeVinci Code

Post by Jives »

Lon wrote: It's a great read Jenny. I am sure you will enjoy it.

Without posting any spoilers, Lon...How believable was it?:-2
SOJOURNER

The DeVinci Code

Post by SOJOURNER »

The book made me want to travel there and see it first hand. :-6
Sheryl

The DeVinci Code

Post by Sheryl »

It is definatly a good action book. I couldn't put it down when I started it. His other book Angels and Demons is also a great read.

Hey Jives the movie based on the Da Vinci code will be coming out in May. I saw that Tom Hanks will be starring in it.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
jennyswan

The DeVinci Code

Post by jennyswan »

Here is a fact from the front page:

FACT:

THE PRIORY OF SION -

A EUROPEAN SECRET SOCIETY FOUNDED IN 1099 -IS A REAL ORGANISATION.

IN 1975 PARIS' BIBLIOTHEQUE NATIONALE DISCOVERED PARCHMENTS KNOWN AS LES DOSSIERS SECRETS, IDENTIFYING NUMEROUS MEMBERS OF THE PRIORY OF SION, INCLUDING SIR ISAAC NEWTON, SANDRO BOTTICELLI, VICTOR HUGO AND LEONARDO DA VINCI.

THE VATICAN PRELATURE KNOWN AS OPUS DEI IS DEEPLY DEVOUT CATHOLIC SECT THAT HAS BEEN THE TOPICOF RECENT CONTROVERSY DUE TO REPORTS OF BRAIN-WASHING, COERCION AND A DANGEROUS PRACTICE KNOWN AS 'CORPRAL MORTIFICATION'. OPUS DEI HAS JUST COMPLETED CONSTRUCTION OF A 47 MILLION DOLLAR NATIONAL HEADQUARTERS AT 243 LEXINGTON AVENUE IN NEW YORK CITY.
jennyswan

The DeVinci Code

Post by jennyswan »

Anybody live in NY?

Verification would be good!

I'm looking forward to going to bed now with my new book.Thanks guys and gals. :-6
Lon

The DeVinci Code

Post by Lon »

[quote=Jives]Without posting any spoilers, Lon...How believable was it?:-2[/quote

It's a good story with enough factual material to get the Conspiry Enthusiasts all worked up, but it's a real stretch to do so in my view.
jennyswan

The DeVinci Code

Post by jennyswan »

It's a good story with enough factual material to get the Conspiry Enthusiasts all worked up, but it's a real stretch to do so in my view.

Lucky I'm easy goin' so :)

I take these things with a pinch of salt otherwise you would go mad.

The most important thing to believe in is 'Yourself' and 'Optimism' that good will always overcome evil.
Jives

The DeVinci Code

Post by Jives »

jennyswan wrote: The most important thing to believe in is 'Yourself' and 'Optimism' that good will always overcome evil.

TaaDaa! I now introduce my new signature!!!
MzInterpret

The DeVinci Code

Post by MzInterpret »

I loved the book. It was possibly one of the best books I read last year.
Nomad

The DeVinci Code

Post by Nomad »

Oh Jenny Swann see how you need a man to tell you what to do ? :p What took you so long ? Great book ! When your done lets talk about it, makes for interesting debate.
I AM AWESOME MAN
jennyswan

The DeVinci Code

Post by jennyswan »

Oh Jenny Swann see how you need a man to tell you what to do ?

You want me dont'cha!! Just admit it Nomad :sneaky:
Sheryl

The DeVinci Code

Post by Sheryl »

Hey Jenny

You finish the book yet? how are you liking it so far?
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
scotty

The DeVinci Code

Post by scotty »

I thought it was a great read, and found the parts on Da Vinci`s art work fascinating.

I live pretty close to Rosslyn, and although what gm says is true about it being near to the bypass, there are some stunning views to be had particularly at the back of the chapel which over looks Rosslyn glen.

I`v included an image I took of the Apprentice Pillar, it really does stand out from the other pillars in the chapel.

Also a word of warning once you start Dan Browns books you have to read them all.

http://www.danbrown.com/

http://www.rosslynchapel.org.uk/

Let us know what you thought about it Jen.

Scott
weeder

The DeVinci Code

Post by weeder »

Its an incredible book. The author is a genius. Im surprised that noone ever thought of the concept before. Not necessarily the tie in with art, and the secret society but the idea of Jesus not being celibate. Ive never embraced the notion of Roman Catholic clergy having to be celibate.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
G-man

The DeVinci Code

Post by G-man »

I've read it... it's a good fictional read... actually, I've read all of his books now, I believe. Digital Fortress and Angels and Devils were pretty good too... oh, and that one that was set in a location within walking distance from where I live...

I actually just set up a website heavily based on many of the themes prevalent in that novel... especially in the respect of all the secret messages throughout that book and elsewhere... has anyone else noticed all the secret messages... throughout that book? I noticed the ones on the cover from the very beginning... I remember waiting in line at Barns & Noble with it in my hand when I first noticed... :wah:

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Return to “The Library”