Rename TV Forum

Ahso!

Rename TV Forum

Post by Ahso! »

I suggest renaming the TV Forum to Plato's Cave.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
spot

Rename TV Forum

Post by spot »

That tends to suggest two things, firstly that visitors are in the main literate enough to recognize the allusion and secondly that the Box is a window into otherwise unexplorable territory rather than a medium for mass advertising.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Nomad

Rename TV Forum

Post by Nomad »

Hell no! No way. That is just not gonna happen. Mmm Mmm...dont think so. Not on my watch. Over my dead body. Not in this lifetime. Maybe when hell freezes over. Communist.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Odie

Rename TV Forum

Post by Odie »

Nomad;1360627 wrote: Hell no! No way. That is just not gonna happen. Mmm Mmm...dont think so. Not on my watch. Over my dead body. Not in this lifetime. Maybe when hell freezes over. Communist.

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
Ahso!

Rename TV Forum

Post by Ahso! »

spot;1360523 wrote: That tends to suggest two things, firstly that visitors are in the main literate enough to recognize the allusion and secondly that the Box is a window into otherwise unexplorable territory rather than a medium for mass advertising.To the first; good point. I amend my suggestion to Plato's Television Room

To the second; isn't advertising exactly that? Advertising and programming, for the most part, only serve to perpetuate myth.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Rename TV Forum

Post by Ahso! »

Nomad;1360627 wrote: Hell no! No way. That is just not gonna happen. Mmm Mmm...dont think so. Not on my watch. Over my dead body. Not in this lifetime. Maybe when hell freezes over. Communist.One only need to read this post to recognize the validity of my suggestion.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Return to “Request A New Forum Here”