Whiner's Forum

Ahso!

Whiner's Forum

Post by Ahso! »

Since reported posts are now open to green members (which I think is a good idea) to view and comment on, and has proven a robust exercise, I thought it could be built upon. The concept is simple enough (it would have to be).

Here's my idea;

1) If a person wants to begin a thread whining about a subject or person in or out of FG, weather it be a politician or member, they'd have a place to do it, and then all those wishing to join in on the activity could congregate with the thread starter and have a pity party together.

2) Here's the part I like best: if a member wants to enter into a thread and begin whining, that post could be reported by anyone (green or black member) and then the green members could debate whether or not the post belongs in the Whiner's Forum. If it qualifies by majority vote, in it goes instead of to the compost. I'd say that at least 3 members must particpate and each debate should last, say, three or four days.

I think this could be fun, entertaining and most of all, educationally therapeutic as well as helping members decide what is and is not "whining".

My opinion is the whiners forum should be open to everyone.

What say you?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
flopstock

Whiner's Forum

Post by flopstock »

Are they only open to green members or are they open to registered members? I can't remember that far back.

And why wouldn't you just rename compost to whining?
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Odie

Whiner's Forum

Post by Odie »

why would you want members to open threads to whine about other members when they can just put them on 'ignore'?

and why bring up crap that we just don't need?

and what part of it would be fun?

and why would any member want their thread/post reported?
Life is just to short for drama.
YZGI

Whiner's Forum

Post by YZGI »

Ummmm :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Whiner's Forum

Post by Odie »

YZGI;1360350 wrote: Ummmm :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

no kidding!:yh_rotfl
flopstock

Whiner's Forum

Post by flopstock »

Odie;1360348 wrote: why would you want members to open threads to whine about other members when they can just put them on 'ignore'?

and why bring up crap that we just don't need?

and what part of it would be fun?

and why would any member want their thread/post reported?

This has to be quoted, if for no other reason than that it not disappear.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

YZGI

Whiner's Forum

Post by YZGI »

Cue the Twilight zone music.
Odie

Whiner's Forum

Post by Odie »

flopstock;1360352 wrote: This has to be quoted, if for no other reason than that it not disappear.

I don't what your issue is with me Diane, your the one causing a problem here where they're isn't one.

It's not acceptable as an adult to ridicule others, how would you feel if I ridiculed you?

or is it just acceptably for mods?

(members are aloud to edit or delete posts.;))
YZGI

Whiner's Forum

Post by YZGI »

Ahso!;1360343 wrote: Since reported posts are now open to green members (which I think is a good idea) to view and comment on, and has proven a robust exercise, I thought it could be built upon. The concept is simple enough (it would have to be).

Here's my idea;

1) If a person wants to begin a thread whining about a subject or person in or out of FG, weather it be a politician or member, they'd have a place to do it, and then all those wishing to join in on the activity could congregate with the thread starter and have a pity party together.

2) Here's the part I like best: if a member wants to enter into a thread and begin whining, that post could be reported by anyone (green or black member) and then the green members could debate whether or not the post belongs in the Whiner's Forum. If it qualifies by majority vote, in it goes instead of to the compost. I'd say that at least 3 members must particpate and each debate should last, say, three or four days.

I think this could be fun, entertaining and most of all, educationally therapeutic as well as helping members decide what is and is not "whining".

My opinion is the whiners forum should be open to everyone.

What say you?

I have been waiting for the PERFECT post to be the very first post I have ever reported in the 5 years I have been here. Keep trying people you're getting closer.:wah:
Ahso!

Whiner's Forum

Post by Ahso! »

flopstock;1360345 wrote: Are they only open to green members or are they open to registered members? I can't remember that far back.

And why wouldn't you just rename compost to whining?I think trash such as spam belongs in the compost. What strikes me about forums is that many people simply don't get what whining is.

The Whiner's Forum would be a place where the whining can continue and the moving of posts there is a way to help others understand the differences between speaking factually or offering opinion without the complaining. Spot tries to point these differences out constantly, but people then project their feelings onto him and that's just not fair. Also, there would hardly be any reason for even mentioning infractions. Just put posts and threads where they belong. I can't imagine too many members would want to see their posts in The Whiner's Forum often. It might cause people to try harder.

I think it's a marvelous idea.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Whiner's Forum

Post by Ahso! »

YZGI;1360365 wrote: I have been waiting for the PERFECT post to be the very first post I have ever reported in the 5 years I have been here. Keep trying people you're getting closer.:wah:Do you think my OP is close to qualifying?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Whiner's Forum

Post by Ahso! »

The 'Manners" thread would be perfect for The Whiner's Forum.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
YZGI

Whiner's Forum

Post by YZGI »

Ahso!;1360370 wrote: Do you think my OP is close to qualifying?

Heck no. I was just whining a bit in the whining thread.
Ahso!

Whiner's Forum

Post by Ahso! »

No support for this, I guess. Probably a little ahead of the times. This sort of thing takes vision and foresight.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Return to “Request A New Forum Here”