well, there is always the swimsuit competition

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
NotToday

Post by NotToday »

DOH!

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax, and get used to the idea." - Robert A. Heinlein
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I want to know where "such as" is?????:confused::confused:
guppy

Post by guppy »

ok..let me get this straight..did she say we need to send our kids to South Africa to read a map?:-3
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

She was obviously nervous

I saw this on TV - I'm not sure where she said the maps are or where our kids should go?

I'm sure she did better in the swim suit comp.

Patsy
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

I never knew anyone took these pageants seriously I mean all they are is cheesecake display. They're not expected to have a brain cell. I think it's time we did away with these dumb things and had pageants where women were actually tested on intelligence.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

As Judge Judy tells all these lovely young girls and boys.....

BEAUTY FADES, DUMB IS FOREVER !!
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I wouldn't say she was dumb - just very nervous and couldn't focus on the question. she didn't lose her composure - She's in this competition for the scholarship.

This is just as embarrassing as if she fell on stage.

Patsy
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Patsy Warnick;686082 wrote: I wouldn't say she was dumb - just very nervous and couldn't focus on the question. she didn't lose her composure - She's in this competition for the scholarship.

This is just as embarrassing as if she fell on stage.

Patsy

Ahhhhh Patsy,

I hear ya and agree. I didn't mean to be sarcastic. So often I hear Judge Judy (of TV fame) trying to knock some sense into young people who do foolish things. She advises them to smarten up and educate themselves because your beauty won't always help you in the long run.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Sad

Jay Leno & David Letterman had this all over their show tonight..

Everyone was like - Hello - What ??

Patsy
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

I just saw it again. It's plain to see she just doesn't have an answer and is trying to piece one together on the fly.
Sweet Tooth

Post by Sweet Tooth »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAhaHAHA!
KB.

Post by KB. »

She needs some personal lessons in stage presence is all. I'm available; have her people contact my people.
Life ain't linear.
KB.

Post by KB. »

AngelEyes82;686150 wrote: wow.. what a dummy. :wah:

I bet she really isn't. You have to maintain a certain grade average to even attempt to get into these pageants (which I think are archaic at best). I would hazard the guess if she wasn't on stage she would be more eloquent than a lot of the folks around the country being so harsh in their opinions of her.
Life ain't linear.
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

KB.;686357 wrote: I bet she really isn't. You have to maintain a certain grade average to even attempt to get into these pageants (which I think are archaic at best). I would hazard the guess if she wasn't on stage she would be more eloquent than a lot of the folks around the country being so harsh in their opinions of her.

It is not a vendetta against her, she just royally screwed up. The question itself was stupid. Hell 5% of America is between 0 – 5 years old, you wouldn’t expect them to know a map.

However, post giving her some kind of break, it is very funny and fits right into a stereotypical beauty pageant, dumb blond joke. You could have thought that up if you were the best writer for Saturday Night Live. You can’t blame everyone for taking the **** out of her.
KB.

Post by KB. »

I just want to see her naked; thats why I'm being nice.
Life ain't linear.
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

guppy;686053 wrote: ok..let me get this straight..did she say we need to send our kids to South Africa to read a map?

I love that smiley!! :D
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

KB.;686366 wrote: I just want to see her naked; thats why I'm being nice.

I actually was going to say something to that effect, glad you finally admitted it!!:wah:
KB.

Post by KB. »

It isn't all her fault the American school system failed her. I talked to one of my old teachers at length about this yesterday, and even though we both agreed we wanted to see her naked; we also discussed the fact that she was failed by her teachers. That was the conclusion of the best teacher I have ever had and one who has taught for 30 plus years. I think calling her a "dumb b!tch" speaks more about the folks judging than her lack of stage presence. YMMV.

I'll take that a step further. I can guarantee I am smarter than the majority of folks calling her a "dumb b!tch" and I also bet that if we put all of those people in front of a few thousand folks whose sole reason for being in attendance is to judge you based on looks and how well you can speak in front of a crowd that they would falter, stumble, and fall right off of the stage. I still wouldn't call them a name just to be mean spirited.

It is real damn easy to make fun of folks from the side lines.
Life ain't linear.
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

KB.;686824 wrote:

I'll take that a step further. I can guarantee I am smarter than the majority of folks calling her a "dumb b!tch" and I also bet that if we put all of those people in front of a few thousand folks whose sole reason for being in attendance is to judge you based on looks and how well you can speak in front of a crowd that they would falter, stumble, and fall right off of the stage. I still wouldn't call them a name just to be mean spirited.

It is real damn easy to make fun of folks from the side lines.

totally agree! :-6 well, except for the seeing her naked part...:-3
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

She can read books on her own. It's an easy toss to blame everything on her teachers. If she's up there representing SC or whatever/wherever/ it's her job to do it right, do them proud and she made herself and SC into a joke. I think that comment is just a slag on the people who are calling her onto the carpet for coming across as a nincompoop.
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

RedGlitter;686854 wrote: She can read books on her own. It's an easy toss to blame everything on her teachers. If she's up there representing SC or whatever/wherever/ it's her job to do it right, do them proud and she made herself and SC into a joke. I think that comment is just a slag on the people who are calling her onto the carpet for coming across as a nincompoop.

Ha, I wrote a response and erased it and there it is written just a little differently!(by RG....)

What I was gonna say in a nutshell is that she is EXPECTED to know the answers and to blame it on the teachers is bull-pooey, she is wanting to represent her State, to show that South Carolina produces beautiful, yet smart people? TBH, think that beauty pagents are dumb....but the women very rarely are....shame she's being made fun of....but that is par for the course...Even the President gets made fun of, and he had good teachers, now didn't he?
KB.

Post by KB. »

You are damn right it is. This isn't even about education really it is about the love that people have to demean others. Mean people suck.

With that I leave you with some Parliment Funkadelic.

The mistake she made isn't even the issue. The issue is all of the people waiting like vultures to swoop down on her when she messed up. Keep trying to convines yourselves it is perfectly fine to act the way some of you are. Let me know what it is like in that little technicolor dreamworld of yours.
Life ain't linear.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

I guess a lot of us here must suck then. :rolleyes:
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

I don't think it's anyone's 'fault', the girl just froze up, which could have happened to anyone. I'm just not into making fun of people.
KB.

Post by KB. »

I bet if she was 5'2" weighed a good 320, had unsightly acne, and her hair was greasy, she wouldn't be catching nearly as much sh!t. Here is a little Percy Sledge for you.

Life ain't linear.
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

Don’t kid yourself, there is no such thing as bad publicity. This girl has been seen all over the world.

Next will be TV appearances, interviews and then maybe even her own TV show. She is on the way to making millions because of her error.

It will be the best mistake she ever made.
KB.

Post by KB. »

mikeinie;686873 wrote: Don’t kid yourself, there is no such thing as bad publicity. This girl has been seen all over the world.

Next will be TV appearances, interviews and then maybe even her own TV show. She is on the way to making millions because of her error.

It will be the best mistake she ever made.

Still not the point. We seem to just wait for people to F-up so we can take what ever measures available to make our own petty little existence seem better. Take this from someone who was overweight, poor, and smart in grade school. I had to fight every day because some jerk-off thought it would be cool to make fun of my situation. The only recourse I had was to make someone bleed, and let me tell you in the third grade that isn't a way to have to live. It worked though. I just don't abide people who like to belittle very well.
Life ain't linear.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

The don't. But know that it will continue whether you abide it or not. We don't know this girl and don't have to be nice to her. You're belittling KB is no better than what you're complaining of us doing.
KB.

Post by KB. »

RedGlitter;686885 wrote: The don't. But know that it will continue whether you abide it or not. We don't know this girl and don't have to be nice to her. You're belittling KB is no better than what you're complaining of us doing.

Oh you can be assured it is.

Remember that the next time you get angry when Lon says something you don't like.
Life ain't linear.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

KB, are you saying that in your line of work that if a person came in and mistook a microwave oven for a flat screen T.V. you wouldn't laugh about that?
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Whatever. Think what you want to think. Carry on.
KB.

Post by KB. »

YZGI;686892 wrote: KB, are you saying that in your line of work that if a person came in and mistook a microwave oven for a flat screen T.V. you wouldn't laugh about that?

Laugh yes, then explain the mistake. Call them a dumb bitch, no.

That is it from me.
Life ain't linear.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

The young lady was only 17 yrs old.....

She was nervous, very nervous - give her a break..

This mistake - stumble with words will make her thousands - the best stumble she'll ever have.

She should've taken a few seconds & thought out a answer, thats all..

I didn't find anything funny about the incident, I felt sorry for her, she'll be getting alot of rude comments, and she'll get the last laugh all the way to the bank......

Patsy
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

Here are her parents:

RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Well if she wants to be in the public eye she'd better learn to duck.
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

mikeinie;687262 wrote: Here are her parents:

Okay, that was funny.....but unfortunately how a lot of people view us "mercans"....but thats a whole nother can of worms I don't wanna open.

And I will say that I've thought about the ridicule that she's taken, I'm sure she will be okay...good that we care about her feelings, but my gut instinct is that she will bounce back and be just fine. :):)

Return to “Arts Animation”