Contact juggling

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Dizz

Contact juggling

Post by Dizz »

This is me!!! Any opinions?
"Those who can laugh without cause have either found the true meaning of happiness or have gone stark raving mad."

:yh_rotfl
koan

Contact juggling

Post by koan »

very fun to watch.

you look so serene.
Lon

Contact juggling

Post by Lon »

No offense, but I hope you keep your day job.
koan

Contact juggling

Post by koan »

It reminded me of David Bowie (not really him though) in Labyrinth with his crystals.
RedGlitter

Contact juggling

Post by RedGlitter »

That was very cool! How long have you been doing that?

Ignore that day job remark- I'd like to see anyone else do that!

Where in AZ do you live? We don't have cactus like that where I'm at.
WonderWendy3

Contact juggling

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I liked it, it was different. I'm thinking much harder than you made that look.

thank you for sharing
Dizz

Contact juggling

Post by Dizz »

Well, this is the result of 2 months of learning and practice. I should be able to do more in another 2 months. As far as where I am, I'm outside of Tucson and I did that in my cactus garden. I have a cactus nursery and that garden is our collection of the best and hardiest plants. Everything from exotic aloes to cordons from baja are in there.

I admit it's a lot of fun to contact juggle. I have always stunk at coordination and this was good motivation to improve.
"Those who can laugh without cause have either found the true meaning of happiness or have gone stark raving mad."

Dizz

Contact juggling

Post by Dizz »

Ok, so I practiced some more and I think I worked out some kinks... (and made some new ones...) What do you think?

beautyful

Contact juggling

Post by beautyful »

I'm impressed, well done! I am always impressed with people that have a skill, whatever it may be :D
koan

Contact juggling

Post by koan »

very nice :)

I ended up watching about 10 youtube clips from the movie Labyrinth... where I first saw that kind of juggling. I bet it would look even cooler if you wore all black so the glass ball stands out even more.
Dizz

Contact juggling

Post by Dizz »

Thanks! I agree that black would make it stand out more, but I like the more natural/serene look. That's what I was going for. Don't ya love those woodpeckers behind me? :-4 I had some nice comments/tips from people in the hobby. It feels good to finally be good at something unusual.

Dizz

Contact juggling

Post by Dizz »

A brand new one from me. Opinions?

RedGlitter

Contact juggling

Post by RedGlitter »

I still think that's just plain cool how you can do that. :)

Some of those hand moves looked like magic. I have a crystal ball about that size and I know I couldn't do anything like that with it.
Bryn Mawr

Contact juggling

Post by Bryn Mawr »

RedGlitter;708506 wrote: I still think that's just plain cool how you can do that. :)

Some of those hand moves looked like magic. I have a crystal ball about that size and I know I couldn't do anything like that with it.

Wait - or should that be weight.

There's no way you could do some of that with a crystal ball.
Dizz

Contact juggling

Post by Dizz »

Ouch. Glass = broken. Acrylic = niceness. It has some weight to it, but you get used to that. It's comparable to a baseball. You can learn it if you want to. Check out www.contactjuggling.org/mx/ There is lots of good info there.

Kathy Ellen

Contact juggling

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Dizz,

So nice to meet you. I just love all of your juggling....so focused and peaceful. Very much like fung shui....is that part of your movements??

Thanks for sharing. How would I learn to do this juggling:-6
Dizz

Contact juggling

Post by Dizz »

I've been working on showmanship. That includes facial expression, body and hand movements to show off what I'm doing. It really does look like tai chi without the ball. :) Last night I did this at the park during a community picnic. I got a nice response and lots of questions about it. :-6

MindControlDotGov

Contact juggling

Post by MindControlDotGov »

i have a sugestion: do something more interesting!!
Dizz

Contact juggling

Post by Dizz »

Like this? This is my attempt at comedy.

RedGlitter

Contact juggling

Post by RedGlitter »

All right! Another video! You look like you're having a fun time there. I think the slower vids speak to me more because I like the soothing quality of your work with that ball. It's nice to just sit and become one with the ball and watch you manipulate it- although manipulate is NOT a good word to describe the essence of what you do. I just find the whole thing neato and enchanting. Thank you for sharing the newest video with us!!
Dizz

Contact juggling

Post by Dizz »

Thanks. One of the names for it is actually Dynamic Manipulation. That was coined by Michael Moschen who started it.

Merry Christmas!!!!

RedGlitter

Contact juggling

Post by RedGlitter »

Really nice, Dizz! I enjoyed that. That ball and thse moves just amaze me. I could watch this for hours. :)
Dizz

Contact juggling

Post by Dizz »

Waddya think? :-6

CARLA

Contact juggling

Post by CARLA »

I liked it alot. Bravo !!:yh_clap:yh_clap
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Kathy Ellen

Contact juggling

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Dizz,

Nice to see you again:-6

Still love your juggling...so peaceful..
RedGlitter

Contact juggling

Post by RedGlitter »

I really like it! I always get happy when I see you've posted another video for us! You make that look so graceful and absolutely effortless. So fluid. I don't know how you do that! :)
Nomad

Contact juggling

Post by Nomad »

I could only watch 53 seconds (short attention span) of it but those 53 seconds were mesmerizing.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Dizz

Contact juggling

Post by Dizz »

That sig reminds me of my big brother for some reason... wow.

I'm glad that you liked it. It's really fun to mess around with it and there is always something new to learn.

Dizz

Contact juggling

Post by Dizz »

The newest one: Waddya think? What is good? What needs improvement?

Me: feedback hungry

Dizz

Contact juggling

Post by Dizz »

bump

:)

Dizz

Contact juggling

Post by Dizz »

This is my first run with my brand new confetti ball. It was a lot of fun. I can't believe I've been at this for 2 years already. :-6

Dizz

Contact juggling

Post by Dizz »

Summer is finally here!!!! :-6:-6:-6

Kathy Ellen

Contact juggling

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Wooohoooo, yes summer is almost here Dizz.

I love to watch your juggling videos, especially on the beach..

Thanks for sharing:-6
Dizz

Contact juggling

Post by Dizz »

Thanks! I appreciate that. It's been summer where I am for a few weeks. It's been 100F for a while. :-5

Dizz

Contact juggling

Post by Dizz »

This is me at the Tucson Nomadic Festival. I spent some time goofing off. Please critique me. I can take it. :o

AussiePam

Contact juggling

Post by AussiePam »

Impressive!!! WOW !!!!!!!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Dizz

Contact juggling

Post by Dizz »

AussiePam;1249299 wrote: Impressive!!! WOW !!!!!!!

Thanks!

Return to “Arts Animation”