Meet the Robinsons

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Earthworms

Meet the Robinsons

Post by Earthworms »

Has everyone seen the trailer for Meet the Robinsons? It's a new Disney animated movie about a family in the near future. Like 20 years in the future. It's on IFILM if you haven't seen it. My question is, do the pop-culture references seem grating to you? It's like Disney movies now can't stand on their own anymore because they're so dependent on referencing current events. Every one of them is like Jay Leno's monologue.
PullMyToe

Meet the Robinsons

Post by PullMyToe »

I just love all the Disneyland stuff. For my money, any movie that references Disneyland or takes place there is a GOOD movie. So, based on that trailer, I definitely think this'll be worth looking at.
Richard Bell

Meet the Robinsons

Post by Richard Bell »

Nothing dates a movie faster than a lot of trendy pop culture references. Since these movies are purposely created with a short shelf life, and are almost instantly disposable, it doesn't really matter.

Yesterday, I pulled out a newspaper I saved on June 24, 2006 because it contained an article I thought I could use.

It was funny to look at the movie page from eight months ago, and have absolutely no recollection of any of those films from last summer.

Return to “Arts Animation”