America is Shutting Down

Patsy Warnick

America is Shutting Down

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I walk every day & our streets are extremely wide so we do keep the distance.

I've noticed several Grandparents have their Grandkids do to school shut down.

Today I'll be picking my neighbors Grapefruit & put the grates out for free.

Usually St. Mary's Food Bank pick fruit for the elderly - now they can't.

It's a dirty job but has to be done or she'll have rats.

Patsy
spot

America is Shutting Down

Post by spot »

My wristband says 10,000 steps so far today and it's mid-afternoon. I've taken to whimsically walking down the middle of the road instead of the sidewalk there's so little motor traffic.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
gmc

America is Shutting Down

Post by gmc »

I've got a dog so I need to go out for a walk with him. Where I live it's easy to find places where there are few people.

Wish people wopuld stop panic buying I will need bogroll soon.
LarsMac

America is Shutting Down

Post by LarsMac »

gmc;1531553 wrote: I've got a dog so I need to go out for a walk with him. Where I live it's easy to find places where there are few people.

Wish people wopuld stop panic buying I will need bogroll soon.

That is pretty annoying. here, it seems we need to be at the door at 7 when the market opens, and then make a mad dash for the necessities.

The current policies mean that one MUST go to the store for such things, thereby exposing himself to the potential of infection, while being told to stay home to avoid that very thing.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
gmc

America is Shutting Down

Post by gmc »

Hooray got some bogroll.

I had it explained to me that when somebody sneezes everybody around them ****s themselves which is why there is a run on toilet roll.
LarsMac

America is Shutting Down

Post by LarsMac »

gmc;1531575 wrote: Hooray got some bogroll.

I had it explained to me that when somebody sneezes everybody around them ****s themselves which is why there is a run on toilet roll.

The best explanation I've heard for the phenomenon, yet.
- DH Lawrence
FourPart

America is Shutting Down

Post by FourPart »

The UK has been put on Low Level Lockdown. This means that you can leave your home to shop for essentials - all non food shops & venues have been closed.

You may leave your home briefly once a day for excercise, so long as you are alone, or with small family groups of the same household.

You may travel to / from work, but should work from home if you possibly can.

Police have been given authority to issue on the spot fines of £30 upwards (unlimited) which may also result in a criminal record for anyone who breaches the Lockdown Rules.

I'm currently still on Annual Leave until Apr 2nd, but I've been in constant touch with my Manager, as I may have to work from home, which I don't really want to do, as I don't feel comfortable outside of the formality of an Office Environment, but needs must & all that.

I also suspect that when I was really ill after Christmas it may have been C19 that I had, as it fitted in with all the symptoms, so it's possible I may now be immune.
Hope6

America is Shutting Down

Post by Hope6 »

Our Governor here in Virginia has closed schools for at least the rest of this school year. As of midnight yesterday all businesses such as barber shops, beauty parlors, tattoo parlors, massage parlor etc... as well as movie theaters, bowling alleys, race tracks and that sort have to close. Any place that sells food has to have delivery or take-out.

I have my 88 year old mother that I check in on daily plus my 87 year old mother-in-law is living with us now so I have to be very careful. I go to the grocery store as little as possible and I try to get there as soon as it opens up in the morning before a lot of people get there and I wear rubber gloves.

Grocery shopping is kinda weird, sometimes there will be no bread, sometimes there will be no milk, but there is never any toliet paper!
LarsMac

America is Shutting Down

Post by LarsMac »

Hope6;1531655 wrote: Our Governor here in Virginia has closed schools for at least the rest of this school year. As of midnight yesterday all businesses such as barber shops, beauty parlors, tattoo parlors, massage parlor etc... as well as movie theaters, bowling alleys, race tracks and that sort have to close. Any place that sells food has to have delivery or take-out.

I have my 88 year old mother that I check in on daily plus my 87 year old mother-in-law is living with us now so I have to be very careful. I go to the grocery store as little as possible and I try to get there as soon as it opens up in the morning before a lot of people get there and I wear rubber gloves.

Grocery shopping is kinda weird, sometimes there will be no bread, sometimes there will be no milk, but there is never any toliet paper!

Our granddaughter near Charlottesville says her hubby is working from home, and now here son is home from school, and she can't get ANYTHING done.
- DH Lawrence
Hope6

America is Shutting Down

Post by Hope6 »

LarsMac;1531659 wrote: Our granddaughter near Charlottesville says her hubby is working from home, and now here son is home from school, and she can't get ANYTHING done.

My Jacob is tickled pink to be out of school. He doesn't seem to be bothered to bad by this virus but I wonder. Last night he can running into where I was asleep and I woke up to him hugging me, he said he had a dream that I had gotten sick.
Patsy Warnick

America is Shutting Down

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I went to my neighbors to pick more grapefruit. Hubby & I filled 8 large boxes for free and there's @ 800 more to pick.

Neighbor comes to her door & said" stay away from me" - the lady who sits next to her at choir tested Positive - my neighbor (87 yrs. old) is a wreck.

We won't be picking anymore grapefruit - I will leave her meals at her door & talk on the phone - not much else I can do.

I wanted to hug her - she was so upset.

Patsy
LarsMac

America is Shutting Down

Post by LarsMac »

- DH Lawrence
spot

America is Shutting Down

Post by spot »

It's not a death sentence Patsy. Any eighty year old going to hospital with this disease still has a 4 in 5 chance of a full recovery.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
FourPart

America is Shutting Down

Post by FourPart »

America has nothing to worry about. Trump has reassured us that he has it all in hand & that it will all be over by Easter. And he should know. After all, as he is always telling us, he's the smartest guy in the world.
Patsy Warnick

America is Shutting Down

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Spot

I don't think this virus is a death sentence - explain that to my neighbor. She stayed in her doorway & was shaking talking about it - as I walked up to her, she said stay away. My neighbor was a emotional mess.

Fourpart

I feel a dislike for Trump. He'll probably win the election - get use to Mr. Right. LOL

Patsy
magentaflame

America is Shutting Down

Post by magentaflame »

FourPart;1531711 wrote: America has nothing to worry about. Trump has reassured us that he has it all in hand & that it will all be over by Easter. And he should know. After all, as he is always telling us, he's the smartest guy in the world.

very sad for you guys.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
tude dog

America is Shutting Down

Post by tude dog »

FourPart;1531711 wrote: America has nothing to worry about. Trump has reassured us that he has it all in hand & that it will all be over by Easter. And he should know. After all, as he is always telling us, he's the smartest guy in the world.

Reading these post I debated about sharing about dealing with my wife's health problems.

Three weeks ago called for an ambulance. A while in the hospital now she's in a nursing home, all this has zero to do with the Chinese virus, the corona. The problem for us is I cannot visit her.

So, Trump said what?

We all are living in a country changed overnignt, thabks to that Chinese virus.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
LarsMac

America is Shutting Down

Post by LarsMac »

I am sorry about your wife.

My wife's sister was in one. We were unable to visit her for a while.

She finally was released.

Their older sis has been in for the last year. She is a permanent resident. For the last month even the sister that was in wasn't able visit her.
- DH Lawrence
Patsy Warnick

America is Shutting Down

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Our confirmed cases has jumped to 1135.

Our Governor announced all schools shut down until the end of the year.

Patsy
spot

America is Shutting Down

Post by spot »

Patsy Warnick;1531770 wrote: Our confirmed cases has jumped to 1135.

Our Governor announced all schools shut down until the end of the year.

Patsy

Is that September? That's when we unofficially expect schools to re-open in the UK.
LarsMac

America is Shutting Down

Post by LarsMac »

Why does it seem that every governor has to wait until it becomes "critical" before they call for the measures that have been proven to help slow this crap down?

Once you start seeing cases in the 1000 plus, the bug is out there in the herd.

A thousand confirmed cases equals around 7 - 10 thousand infected people with this thing.

My Nephew the rancher says that if his heard got that sick, he'd shoot the lot of 'em.
- DH Lawrence
spot

America is Shutting Down

Post by spot »

LarsMac;1531773 wrote: My Nephew the rancher says that if his heard got that sick, he'd shoot the lot of 'em.

I don't say this to annoy anyone or even thinking it might happen, but I bet the Pentagon has a planning file on how to go about it.
Patsy Warnick

America is Shutting Down

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Spot

usually school is over in June and school starts back up in September - that will not happen here - no school in Sept..

Lars - yes I think our governor dragged his heels - I also think several individuals did not take this virus threat seriously.

2 weeks ago I was at a grocery store - a lady rounds the isle brushes up against me with a little push - I said 6 ft. rule - she kept walking - again I said 6 ft. rule - she kept walking and waved her right hand & said "Whatever Bitch". Really !!

Guess who was up at the check out stand "Ms. whatever" - let's say it was a strong lecture - then the clerk licked his finger to hand me the receipt...!!

We are now Ordered to stay home - no school until 2021.

Governor state only essential reasons to leave the house - grocery store - pharmacies.

Well Governor - all golf courses are open - some beauty & barber shops are open Day Care Centers are open ???

If he's going to put the squeeze on - then do it Now..

Patsy
LarsMac

America is Shutting Down

Post by LarsMac »

spot;1531775 wrote: I don't say this to annoy anyone or even thinking it might happen, but I bet the Pentagon has a planning file on how to go about it.

The hospitals already have developed some "triage" plans for when they have to decide who gets the ventilators, and such.
- DH Lawrence
LarsMac

America is Shutting Down

Post by LarsMac »

Las Vegas parking lot turned into 'homeless shelter' with social distancing markers

Article link: In a town with 150,000 empty hotel rooms

Over the weekend, authorities in Las Vegas needed to find additional sleeping space for the city’s sizable homeless population when a 500-bed overnight shelter closed after a client tested positive for the new coronavirus.

Officials turned a parking lot into a makeshift shelter, saying spaces for sleeping were drawn 6ft apart in observance of federal social distancing guidelines.
- DH Lawrence
Bryn Mawr

America is Shutting Down

Post by Bryn Mawr »

LarsMac;1531779 wrote: The hospitals already have developed some "triage" plans for when they have to decide who gets the ventilators, and such.

They have here - I’m excluded, ooops :-)
Patsy Warnick

America is Shutting Down

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Confirmed cases are now 1500.

Authorities said AZ will reach a virus peak in June...

They're planning to turn the Cardinal Stadium into a Hospital.

My neighbor brought over a chocolate cake (as a thank you). She bakes when she's bored - we like her... LOL

Another neighbor dropped off a Thank You card.

We have a nice neighborhood & we're all taking care of each other .

It's all we can do.

Patsy
Saint_

America is Shutting Down

Post by Saint_ »

Well the FINALLY shut down the Navajo Nation! was seeing whole groups of 10 or 12 family members coming in to the Walmart and I heard they were still holding gatherings out on the Rez.

June...that's a long way off. I've been out of school for three weeks now and it's getting pretty surreal..
Patsy Warnick

America is Shutting Down

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Saint

our schools are closed until 2021...

Patsy
Saint_

America is Shutting Down

Post by Saint_ »

Patsy Warnick;1531846 wrote: Saint

our schools are closed until 2021...

Patsy

WHAT?!!! Damn! That's pretty harsh. Well. I really don't know what to say to that...
LarsMac

America is Shutting Down

Post by LarsMac »

A long time chum of mine, from way back in the late 60s has a daughter here, close by.

Her husband is a certified Paramendic for the local ambulance service.

He has taken to looking out for the Mrs and her sisters, ever since we invited he and his wife to easter dinner a few years ago. He was also on the EM team that came when I had to get the Mrs transported to the hospital back before her heart surgery.

He called to check up on us last week, and when he learned we had none, he dropped off some face masks for us to use when we go out.

I've been taking walks around the neighborhood nearly every day. The first few days of the local "Shelter in place" order, a lot of the other walkers/joggers/bikers I met seemed cheery enough, and usually smiled and greeted each other pretty regularly.

This week, though, there is more of them, and most have been much deeper in their thoughts, or just plain grumpy. no more eye contact, or greetings from most.

I'm planning to going out at odd hours when fewer people are about next week.

Of course I have an advantage over a lot of them. I was working from home for the last few years that I was employed, and am a bit of an introvert, so the seff-isolation/Social Distancing is just SOP, to me.

QOTD:

You can be Safe at Home, or you can be Stuck at Home. It's all in the attitude. Choose wisely.
- DH Lawrence
Saint_

America is Shutting Down

Post by Saint_ »

LarsMac;1531848 wrote: he dropped off some face masks for us to use when we go out.

Yeah, I wear mine as well. I have three and I rotate them every three days. One billion Chinese can't be wrong... I get a few funny looks from others. Screw 'em. I see more articles every day that we should all be doing it. (It protects aid workers but not you?)

Sidenote: Did you know you can't get toilet paper, soap, or especially Clorox wipes from Amazon? Biggest store in the world...pfft.

This week, though, there is more of them, and most have been much deeper in their thoughts, or just plain grumpy. no more eye contact, or greetings from most.

I'm planning to going out at odd hours when fewer people are about next week.

Yeah. See too. I've been thinking about buying a gun. And I hate guns. Really hate guns. I'm also too crazy to own a gun...which is why I don't own one.

Of course I have an advantage over a lot of them. I was working from home for the last few years that I was employed, and am a bit of an introvert, so the self-isolation/Social Distancing is just SOP, to me.

yeah, I like to do a lot of digital stuff, video gaming and such, so it's not so bad for me either.

QOTD:

You can be Safe at Home, or you can be Stuck at Home. It's all in the attitude. Choose wisely.

Love the quote!
Patsy Warnick

America is Shutting Down

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Saint

What is it with a gun for a virus?

Patsy
LarsMac

America is Shutting Down

Post by LarsMac »

Saint_;1531852 wrote: Yeah, I wear mine as well. I have three and I rotate them every three days. One billion Chinese can't be wrong... I get a few funny looks from others. Screw 'em. I see more articles every day that we should all be doing it. (It protects aid workers but not you?)

Sidenote: Did you know you can't get toilet paper, soap, or especially Clorox wipes from Amazon? Biggest store in the world...pfft.

Yeah. See too. I've been thinking about buying a gun. And I hate guns. Really hate guns. I'm also too crazy to own a gun...which is why I don't own one.

yeah, I like to do a lot of digital stuff, video gaming and such, so it's not so bad for me either.

Love the quote!

Well, I have guns, but I keep them safely locked away, and don't even have ammunition for most of them, anymore.

I made it 70 years without killing anyone, and I plan to go the rest of my life keeping that streak alive.

I found some TP on amazon a couple of weeks ago. It should be here some time in May. Maybe.

For now, I've been told to go to the stores first thing in the morning. It usually takes them an hour to run out.

Still have about a thirty day supply, I think. We'll see how it all comes out.
- DH Lawrence
Patsy Warnick

America is Shutting Down

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Gun sales are on a rise - why?

Are people scared at the outcome from this virus that the economy crisis has made people desperate that one would need a gun to protect oneself & property.

What are people expecting to need a gun?

Patsy
spot

America is Shutting Down

Post by spot »

LarsMac;1531855 wrote: Still have about a thirty day supply, I think.

An entire untouched roll? Luxury. I don't think anyone in Cornwall has that much in one house any more. You don't know when you're well off. We're reverting to old till receipts and newsprint.

We'll see how it all comes out.

I can't believe you wrote that.
spot

America is Shutting Down

Post by spot »

Patsy Warnick;1531857 wrote: What are people expecting to need a gun?

The younger generation has seen too many zombie movies and the older generation knows they have and tools up accordingly. Perhaps all citizens should be equipped with tasers.
magentaflame

America is Shutting Down

Post by magentaflame »

I'm sort of detached from it all . i'm still working and because of my hours (in which I don't see people anyway ) nothing has really changed for me. The groceries are all back on the shelves. Listening to the radio this morning there seems to be a "save a thon" People are finding they have more money in their pockets because they are not out as much. I have noticed more people out walking at midnight though.

What I didn't expect (again listening tot he radio) Magazines are closing down. All these industries that I never really took much notice of are shutting down.

And our government are doofuses.....not leaders in any sense of the word and a few days ago our our nut job of a prime minister committed Australia to God....i kid you not. I wish he'd take his hillsong ways and piss off ...idiot separation of church and state ya ding bat.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
LarsMac

America is Shutting Down

Post by LarsMac »

Patsy Warnick;1531857 wrote: Gun sales are on a rise - why?

Are people scared at the outcome from this virus that the economy crisis has made people desperate that one would need a gun to protect oneself & property.

What are people expecting to need a gun?

Patsy

What Spot said. Too many people been watching too much Walking Dead.
- DH Lawrence
Patsy Warnick

America is Shutting Down

Post by Patsy Warnick »

The gun issue scares me. Some gun store sales up 50%.

What are we to expect after the virus ?

Patsy
Patsy Warnick

America is Shutting Down

Post by Patsy Warnick »

When do we hit the point when the long term effects of a crashing economy out way the deaths of the virus?

What are we going to be looking at?

Patsy
spot

America is Shutting Down

Post by spot »

Patsy Warnick;1531867 wrote: When do we hit the point when the long term effects of a crashing economy out way the deaths of the virus?

When it started. The whole notion of closing down the economy, national or international, was imbecilic.

What are we going to be looking at?

Patsy

A huge economic leap forward by the half dozen countries which crushed the disease quickly. That group clearly doesn't include the US or the UK.
magentaflame

America is Shutting Down

Post by magentaflame »

we've flattened the curve ...but don't look at us to do anything grand . We don't produce or manufacture anything anymore. Except of course coal.
LarsMac

America is Shutting Down

Post by LarsMac »

On a global scale, I don't see much flattening, going on, just yet.

The list of state/province/region now shows 17 of the top 20 are US states.

And we as a nation now are rapidly approaching 300K.

We now have more confirmed cases than Spain, Italy and Germany combined.

I wonder how many countries are issuing travel bans to and from the US, now.
- DH Lawrence
spot

America is Shutting Down

Post by spot »

LarsMac;1531883 wrote: I wonder how many countries are issuing travel bans to and from the US, now.

Are there still international passenger flights? I'd thought they'd stopped.
LarsMac

America is Shutting Down

Post by LarsMac »

spot;1531886 wrote: Are there still international passenger flights? I'd thought they'd stopped.

Some countries have shut down all incoming international flights, but ...

The service cuts are major, but you can still get from here to there if you need to.
- DH Lawrence
Patsy Warnick

America is Shutting Down

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Our count is 2019 and 52 have died.

Planning to turn the Cardinals Stadium into a hospital.

Patsy
spot

America is Shutting Down

Post by spot »

Patsy Warnick;1531897 wrote: Our count is 2019 and 52 have died.

Planning to turn the Cardinals Stadium into a hospital.

Patsy

Has it a roof?
Patsy Warnick

America is Shutting Down

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Spot

Yes & the roof does open.

Patsy
FourPart

America is Shutting Down

Post by FourPart »

America is going to get particularly badly hit because of their addiction to Religion.

https://deadstate.org/churchgoer-defend ... JoZYB1-GeQ

Return to “Health Wellness”