Trigeminal neuralgia

Imladris

Trigeminal neuralgia

Post by Imladris »

Hi all, I've not been here for a long time but after being diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia just this week I sort of feel in need of chat!

Does anyone else have this condition? From what I've read so far I'm lucky enough not to have the most severe form of this but so far it's no picnic!
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
AnneBoleyn

Trigeminal neuralgia

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I have heard of this disease & years ago saw a TV show about it. Could you explain your symptoms & when they occur? How are you being treated for it? Sorry to learn you are suffering with this burden. Pleased to meet you.
Týr

Trigeminal neuralgia

Post by Týr »

Imladris;1428600 wrote: after being diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia just this week I sort of feel in need of chat!

I'm wondering what "the most severe form" might be. Septageminal neuralgia perhaps.

You'll not have seen this account before[1], I'm spot as was, having a sabbatical. HIYA IMMY!!!!

Should I look it up? I've not heard of it. I can see the word "pain" in there though, so you have my sympathy.

Where are your Geminals and do you really have three of them?

eta [1]: actually, thinking about it, of course you have. My mind doesn't change gears quickly enough.
Long Live General Kim Jong-un, the Shining Sun!
Bryn Mawr

Trigeminal neuralgia

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Imladris;1428600 wrote: Hi all, I've not been here for a long time but after being diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia just this week I sort of feel in need of chat!

Does anyone else have this condition? From what I've read so far I'm lucky enough not to have the most severe form of this but so far it's no picnic!

Ouch, I've just looked it up and it looks nasty - I wouldn't have that one it I were you
Imladris

Trigeminal neuralgia

Post by Imladris »

Hiya spot and bryn, nice to meet you Anne.

The worst variety of tn involves horrendous pain striking from nowhere, you may have heard of cluster headaches or suicide headaches - that's it!

I have a lesser form it seems, more of a regular achey pain. Thankfully....

I'm currently starting drugs for it, tried one this week that made me feel so dopey I had to give that one up, couldn't function at all. Trying gabapentin now, we'll see how that goes.

Oh btw spot, you have trigeminal nerves too, in your face, starts up by your ear and splits, probably better to look it up.... X
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time

Return to “Health Wellness”