The Big Pharma!

jones jones

The Big Pharma!

Post by jones jones »

A person far wiser than I once said: “There is not a single illness on this planet for which the Cosmos has not already provided a cure; we have only to find and harvest it."

Yet we have given the largest business on earth – the pharmaceutical industry – full control over our health.

I believe that a cure for cancer has been discovered but because it cannot be patented, it’s difficult for pharmaceutical companies to make a large profit from it. For that simple reason they will not touch it.

Big Pharma, the nickname given to the pharmaceutical industry, relies on the horror of dying which most sick and injured earthlings have so that they can grow ever richer. They are not above I’m sure, inventing new illnesses so that we will buy even more drugs. As it is I am certain that Big Pharma set blood pressure, sugar, cholesterol and other levels ever lower so that more and more of their products can be sold.

The USA accounts for probably half of the global medicine market with yearly sales close to $300 billion, with about $25 billion going on cancer drugs. Profits are outrageous simply because most costs incurred are passed on to us, the market. They seldom if ever try to find the actual cause of a disease because that would be akin to killing the goose that lays the golden egg. And what else might they be able to achieve to avoid criticism with all those dollars at their disposal?

So what do these “job creators,” latest euphemism for the stinking rich, do with all this money? Well, the CEO of pharmaceutical company McKesson allegedly earned a salary of $131.2 million and a net total income which included bonuses and profits from stock earnings of $1.2 billion. The combined wealth of the top five pharmaceutical companies in the world is twice the GNP of all sub-Saharan Africa.

Generic medicines cost less than a third as much as their brand-name counterparts, but do you think your doctor is gonna prescribe these? Yeah right …

Like I said, with all that loot around … it’s gonna be real bad karma to try to take on Big Pharma!
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Bruv

The Big Pharma!

Post by Bruv »

You make me speechless sometimes........................thankfully (Any words might be unworthy)

Eradication of diseases Two totally eradicated so far.

Medical advances

Can we wipe out disease ? Worth a read.....why it's not that easy.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
LarsMac

The Big Pharma!

Post by LarsMac »

My doc always prescribes generics when available.

and he is willing to look at holistic methodology, as well.

As for cancer cures,

Well, we have found source of several variations of Cancer and they are being attacked, even now.

Big Pharma is another of those grand conspiracies of today's zeitgeist.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
jones jones

The Big Pharma!

Post by jones jones »

Bruv;1414513 wrote: You make me speechless sometimes........................thankfully (Any words might be unworthy)

Eradication of diseases Two totally eradicated so far.

Medical advances

Can we wipe out disease ? Worth a read.....why it's not that easy.

I should be so lucky as to make you speechless idiot.
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Bruv

The Big Pharma!

Post by Bruv »

jones jones;1414534 wrote: I should be so lucky as to make you speechless idiot.

Got out of bed the wrong side deary ?
jones jones

The Big Pharma!

Post by jones jones »

Bruv;1414535 wrote: Got out of bed the wrong side deary ?

I do believe it is time for me to do something about you citizen Crumb ... I shall go have a think and then get back to you with my decision.
LarsMac

The Big Pharma!

Post by LarsMac »

jones jones;1414534 wrote: I should be so lucky as to make you speechless idiot.

THAT seems uncalled for.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
jones jones

The Big Pharma!

Post by jones jones »

LarsMac;1414538 wrote: THAT seems uncalled for.

That sir, is because he isn't stalking you!
Bruv

The Big Pharma!

Post by Bruv »

LarsMac;1414538 wrote: THAT seems uncalled for.

The blokes a nutter....................no worries.

Stalking him......para-freeking-noia or what ?

I should not feed the drama queen.......three decent links and he picks up on the throw away opening line.
Lon

The Big Pharma!

Post by Lon »

Let's not be too harsh with Big Pharma since there is much they have done right in extending not only life, but the quality thereof for many. In so far as Generic meds are concerned, many U.S. Health Plans encourage their use because of lower cost. I, for example take a generic Thyroid Med that has a lower co pay for me. Rituxan is a non chemically oriented med that is used successfully in the treatment of Non Hodgkins Lyphoma. On the negative side of Big Pharma, I feel they have been successfully blocking Stem Cell implantation (own stem cells) as an alternative to hip and knee replacement. Stem Cell implantation has been highly successful for many conditions when performed outside the USA, but there are big, big BUCKS in the knee and hip replacement business and so far not approved by the FDA.
Snooz

The Big Pharma!

Post by Snooz »

My pharmacy subbed a generic thyroid med for me and it works great. Super cheap too.

You don't see nearly as many people dying of AIDS and AIDS related illnesses anymore. Smallpox, polio, leprosy, bubonic plague... these horrors from the past are practically non-existent in my country. But yeah, annual salaries plus bonuses that equal into the billions is disgusting.
Bryn Mawr

The Big Pharma!

Post by Bryn Mawr »

jones jones;1414540 wrote: That sir, is because he isn't stalking you!

Whilst you keep insulting him it will always be treated as tit-for-tat - you are at least as bad as he is.

I do believe it is time for me to do something about you citizen Crumb ... I shall go have a think and then get back to you with my decision.

Thank you for the warning - I shall be watching with interest.
jones jones

The Big Pharma!

Post by jones jones »

Bryn Mawr;1414770 wrote: Whilst you keep insulting him it will always be treated as tit-for-tat - you are at least as bad as he is.

Thank you for the warning - I shall be watching with interest.

Yeah well, as the site owner that's your prerogative.

Return to “Health Wellness”