Circumcision, anyone?

Snooz

Circumcision, anyone?

Post by Snooz »

Bruv;1392968 wrote: Gouda ?

I thought you had left this thread with your head held high ?

You didn't just confuse Accountable with Saint, did you? Ouch.
Bruv

Circumcision, anyone?

Post by Bruv »

SnoozeAgain;1392969 wrote: You didn't just confuse Accountable with Saint, did you? Ouch.

Oh dear.................the accents confused me (they all sound the same to me)

My apologies
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Oscar Namechange

Circumcision, anyone?

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Bruv;1392978 wrote: Oh dear.................the accents confused me (they all sound the same to me)

My apologies

Circumcision ? Pah.... It's no skin off my nose.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Accountable

Circumcision, anyone?

Post by Accountable »

Bruv;1392968 wrote: Gouda ?

I thought you had left this thread with your head held high ?
Y'know, this would be alot easier to respond to if it was from Snooze. :sneaky:
rajakrsna

Circumcision, anyone?

Post by rajakrsna »

Accountable;1392994 wrote: Y'know, this would be alot easier to respond to if it was from Snooze. :sneaky:

Snooze, too, got warts?
Om namo bagavate vasudevaya, " God is the Cause of All causes."
Accountable

Circumcision, anyone?

Post by Accountable »

rajakrsna;1393029 wrote: Snooze, too, got warts?
:confused:
rajakrsna

Circumcision, anyone?

Post by rajakrsna »

I choose freedom, warts and all.

It`s your signature, my dear Watson. That says it all when you replied, " Y'know, this would be alot easier to respond to if it was from Snooze." Bruv`s post that says, " I thought you had left this thread with your head held high ?"
Clodhopper

Circumcision, anyone?

Post by Clodhopper »

I've been walking cross legged since I read this thread!

Don't think it's necessary for most people in these days of better personal hygiene. My foreskin may not be vital to my existence, but it is still part of me and I intend to keep it that way. I did however know a lad at school who had a late circumcision because his foreskin was just too tight. Apparently it didn't matter until he passed puberty and then it was very painful from time to time. I have also heard some women claim that circumcised is better due to the better defined shape of the male member. I have also heard other women claim that's rubbish.

Don't think it's a big deal either way, and certainly not to be compared with female so-called "circumcision" which is barbaric and unnecessary.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Oscar Namechange

Circumcision, anyone?

Clodhopper;1393041 wrote: I've been walking cross legged since I read this thread!

Don't think it's necessary for most people in these days of better personal hygiene. My foreskin may not be vital to my existence, but it is still part of me and I intend to keep it that way. I did however know a lad at school who had a late circumcision because his foreskin was just too tight. Apparently it didn't matter until he passed puberty and then it was very painful from time to time. I have also heard some women claim that circumcised is better due to the better defined shape of the male member. I have also heard other women claim that's rubbish.

Don't think it's a big deal either way, and certainly not to be compared with female so-called "circumcision" which is barbaric and unnecessary.

Now we know that you're not a Roundhead but a Cavalier :wah:

For some reason I have just recalled an event In the showers at my school after PE..

The boys showers were just around the corner from the girls and one afternoon the most blood curdling screams came from the boys showers.... We all rushed In to see what was occurring only to find copious amounts of blood and two PE teachers trying to detach a lad's foreskin from his trouser zip....He ended up being carted off to the local doctor... I was 12 years old at the time...

It was later over dinner my Father asked what I had done at school that day and I replied ' Dave Ross got his nob stuck In his flies'..... It was great !!! As you do when you're 12 years old.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Clodhopper

Circumcision, anyone?

Post by Clodhopper »

shudder. I think everyone heard that one at school. Never knew anyone who it happened to, though. Did know of a time when a lad got his finger cut off by the hinge side of a door. His friend picked up the finger and was showing it to everyone when the school nurse rushed up, grabbed it, stapled it back onto the stump with an ordinary stapler and sent the lad off to hospital. Six months later it was, as far as I can remember, fine and working perfectly again. Amazing how kids can heal.

Oscar Namechange

Circumcision, anyone?

Clodhopper;1393077 wrote: shudder. I think everyone heard that one at school. Never knew anyone who it happened to, though. Did know of a time when a lad got his finger cut off by the hinge side of a door. His friend picked up the finger and was showing it to everyone when the school nurse rushed up, grabbed it, stapled it back onto the stump with an ordinary stapler and sent the lad off to hospital. Six months later it was, as far as I can remember, fine and working perfectly again. Amazing how kids can heal.

Dave Ross contacted me through 'Friends reunited' ..... I hadn't spoken to him for over 30 years but the first thing I said was.... ' Do you remember when you got your nob stuck In your flies' ?
Snooz

Circumcision, anyone?

Post by Snooz »

Remember that scene in "There's Something About Mary"? hahaha
AnneBoleyn

Circumcision, anyone?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

SnoozeAgain;1393084 wrote: Remember that scene in "There's Something About Mary"? hahaha
It wasn't mousse?
Clodhopper

Circumcision, anyone?

Post by Clodhopper »

I have not seen anything about Mary. But you can have a lot of fun with chocolate mousse.

Oscar Namechange

Circumcision, anyone?

Clodhopper;1393104 wrote: I have not seen anything about Mary. But you can have a lot of fun with chocolate mousse.

It's a famous scene In a film called ' There's something about Mary'..... Bloke fancies Mary ( Cameron Diaz )..... bloke has just been bashing the Bishop when Mary calls on him.... Mary asks bloke ' What's that all over your hand?'...... Bloke says.... ummm ummm ummmm hair mousse...
rajakrsna

Circumcision, anyone?

Post by rajakrsna »

Five decades ago in our place when doctors were few, the boys age between 7-9 when it`s time for circumcision, the gaff maker is summoned. The gaffer inserts the gaff under neat the boy`s foreskin & whacked it with wood. & presto! The foreskin splits into two. The gaffer while doing the ritual chews guava leaves ( contains tannic acid ) & spits out the chewed guava leaves on the wounded foreskin. Then boy is made to jump into the sea.

Clodhopper

Circumcision, anyone?

Post by Clodhopper »

I can see the purpose of a ritual to say you are an adult. I think there may be an argument we would benefit as a culture by having one. But if you ever come near me with any of that kit you will not get further than my arms reach. In my view, you may have good cultural reasons for the practice but I'm not part of that culture and done to me it would be a pointless mutilation.

rajakrsna

Circumcision, anyone?

Post by rajakrsna »

Clodhopper;1393122 wrote: I can see the purpose of a ritual to say you are an adult. I think there may be an argument we would benefit as a culture by having one. But if you ever come near me with any of that kit you will not get further than my arms reach. In my view, you may have good cultural reasons for the practice but I'm not part of that culture and done to me it would be a pointless mutilation.

Cockfighting is our national sport.

Clodhopper

Circumcision, anyone?

Post by Clodhopper »

We aren't big on cruelty to animals here either. Cockfighting was banned about 100 years ago. (checked:1835) It does still - so I hear - happen, but people get sent to prison for it if caught.

Perhaps I'm missing the point, but arranging to watch two animals hacking eachother to death out of instinct seems pretty low to me. At least with something like boxing or rugby the participants have a choice.

Snooz

Circumcision, anyone?

Post by Snooz »

oscar;1393110 wrote: It's a famous scene In a film called ' There's something about Mary'..... Bloke fancies Mary ( Cameron Diaz )..... bloke has just been bashing the Bishop when Mary calls on him.... Mary asks bloke ' What's that all over your hand?'...... Bloke says.... ummm ummm ummmm hair mousse...

That's a classic scene too but I meant this one:

There's Something About Mary: short, funny scene. - YouTube
rajakrsna

Circumcision, anyone?

Post by rajakrsna »

Clodhopper;1393128 wrote: . At least with something like boxing or rugby the participants have a choice.

From cockfighting to boxing. We have our PACMAN.

Clodhopper

Circumcision, anyone?

Post by Clodhopper »

Two very fine boxers there. But Pacquiao is something of a legend.

rajakrsna

Circumcision, anyone?

Post by rajakrsna »

Clodhopper;1393151 wrote: Two very fine boxers there. But Pacquiao is something of a legend.

There`s an unknown boxer whose boxing prowess is unparalleled. Maybe this is the guy.

rajakrsna

Circumcision, anyone?

Post by rajakrsna »

Doctors have identified a peculiar population of stem-like cells in a part of the cervix that when infected by human papillomavirus are responsible for most cases of cervical cancer according to a study.

Cervical cancer find solves decades-long mystery - Yahoo! News
Accountable

Circumcision, anyone?

Post by Accountable »

The crime of circumcision

A district judge in Cologne, Germany, recently ruled that ritual circumcision is a crime, violating “the fundamental right of the child to bodily integrity,” which outweighs other parental and religious rights. “This change runs counter to the interests of the child,” the court concluded, “who can decide his religious affiliation himself later in life.”

Return to “Health Wellness”