Nasal Irrigation

Lon

Nasal Irrigation

Post by Lon »

I don't know if the benefits are imaginary or real but it feels good. I have been using a "Neti Pot" for the past three years on a daily basis when in the shower. It's a mixture of eucalyptus mint etc. I haven't had a cold in the past three years and seems to help with allergies.

Do Neti Pots Really Work?
Peg

Nasal Irrigation

Post by Peg »

I've never tried it but I do know my daughter loves hers.
YZGI

Nasal Irrigation

Post by YZGI »

I thought this was another one of Lon's 'What I ate' threads.:wah:
Peg

Nasal Irrigation

Post by Peg »

YZGI;1323355 wrote: I thought this was another one of Lon's 'What I ate' threads.:wah:
Ewwww:yh_rotfl
CARLA

Nasal Irrigation

Post by CARLA »

Seems safe enough much better than sprays that can destroy your sense of smell and taste.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Tightwad

Nasal Irrigation

Post by Tightwad »

Peg;1323356 wrote: Ewwww:yh_rotfl

It's way better to have the "ewwww" on the outside than is is to leave the "ewwww" laying about in your nasal cavities....no?
Kathy Ellen

Nasal Irrigation

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I had ordered a neti pot about a week ago. My friends swear by them and feel that their sinuses have cleared up.
Kathy Ellen

Nasal Irrigation

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Well, my neti pot finally arrived. Actually, I should have gone to a drugstore or health food store to buy one.

I just tried it now and it was a wonderful experience. I still don't have it perfected it yet, but you have instant rewards. There's plenty of youtubes to view about neti pots.

It's not gross and easy to use. You basically blow your nose gently, use the pot in one nostril at a time and then blow gently again. All you really see is water coming out. Pot doesn't hurt as it's plastic. Follow direction though.

I felt like my sinuses were opened up within seconds.

Good experience....Here's a link.....

Neti Pot - As Seen on Oprah!
Hoony Ready

Nasal Irrigation

Post by Hoony Ready »

Hi,

The main objective of nasal irrigation using a neti pot is to pour a warm saline solution through one nostril and allow it to exit the other nostril. This action serves to wash away dried mucus and bacteria which contributes to sinus problems.

Thanks

Hoony Ready
yaaarrrgg

Nasal Irrigation

Post by yaaarrrgg »

Some cultures use neti pots every morning like brushing teeth. I tried one out the last time I got a sinus infection and it seemed to help a lot. If your nose won't stop running, it will "fix it" for several hours. :)

Return to “Health Wellness”