Throat spasms in sleep

johnyhay

Throat spasms in sleep

Post by johnyhay »

OK, weird. Well I was having all kinds of crazy vivid dreams last night but in one of them I was choking on a piece of food. I was choking in my dream and it was vivid. So much so that it woke me up and I found myslef having some sort of weird throat spasms. It happened pretty quick but as I transitioned from sleeping to waking I realized that this was an involuntary thing. It pretty much stopped once I got fully awake but there was a nasty noise associated with it and I actually feel a soreness in my throat now. Not a sore throat exactly, just a feeling of the muscles having been exerted.

I know that Geodon can cause some problems with swallowing. Read that in the PI sheet. But this was like an involuntary thing. I wonder if it was just me acting out my dream or my dream incorporating what my body was doing. Anyway, other than that dull soreness I still feel, I feel fine. But it was a bit disturbing in the middle of the night.
Lancer786

Throat spasms in sleep

Post by Lancer786 »

Yes, sometimes our body reacts with our dream, don't worry about it. Once i woke up chewing bread because i saw that in a dream:-3
hoppy

Throat spasms in sleep

Post by hoppy »

Useta wake up choking a lot until after my divorce.:(

Return to “Health Wellness”