Medicinal Cannabis

Post by hoppy »

Saint_;1289160 wrote: Whatsamatter you? Can't take a joke?:wah:

Rowr! Hissss!

His world is crashing down.:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
K.Snyder

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by K.Snyder »

K.Snyder;1289145 wrote: I'd watched a brief documentary and within it the curiosities of Chilean artist Marco Evaristti...

Does anyone else find this disturbing or is it just me? Would anyone sincerely eat the fat from another human being even if cooked?

:yh_sick

Taking into consideration the term "Munchies"!,..would anyone be willing to suggest a far greater percentage of people under the influence of cannabis would find it "fortuitous" to dine on the fat extracted from another human being, regardless of the smell, than those otherwise!?!?!?!?
Odie

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Odie »

hoppy;1289163 wrote: His world is crashing down.:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
Bevdee

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Bevdee »

hoppy;1289150 wrote: Sure. Then you just become a fat zombie.:D

an elightened buddha?
Nomad

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Nomad »

Bevdee;1289147 wrote: If it might cause lung cancer to smoke it and comes in a pill, it would be better to take the pill? I wonder if you can smash the pill and mix it in brownies - or something.

Are you a cannibal? Its ok if you are.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Bevdee

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Bevdee »

Well, I'm not a vegetarian, but not a cannibal - not yet, anyway!!!
Nomad

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Nomad »

Bevdee;1289259 wrote: Well, I'm not a vegetarian, but not a cannibal - not yet, anyway!!!

OK, well if you stay focused you'll get there.

This is kind of a big disappointment for me.

Id love to be able to tell people that I know a cannibal but whatever.

If you ever make the leap you'll let me know?
I AM AWESOME MAN
Bevdee

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Bevdee »

You'll be the first to know. I HAVE seen the movie ALIVE, and understood that, but still... is there a shuddering emoticon?
Ahso!

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Ahso! »

Nomad;1289270 wrote: OK, well if you stay focused you'll get there.

This is kind of a big disappointment for me.

Id love to be able to tell people that I know a cannibal but whatever.

If you ever make the leap you'll let me know?I'm sure once she does, you'll be the first she celebrates with by inviting you and the family over for dinner.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Ahso! »

Bevdee;1289273 wrote: You'll be the first to know. I HAVE seen the movie ALIVE, and understood that, but still... is there a shuddering emoticon?"It's Alive" was better.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Nomad

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Nomad »

Ahso!;1289274 wrote: I'm sure once she does, you'll be the first she celebrates with by inviting you and the family over for dinner.

Hofenfeffer doesnt play that game.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Bevdee

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Bevdee »

Y'all are twisted.
Odie

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Odie »

Bevdee;1289281 wrote: Y'all are twisted.

twisted is a good feeling y'all!:yh_rotfl
Bevdee

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Bevdee »

lol :)
Nomad

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Nomad »

Bevdee;1289281 wrote: Y'all are twisted.

They're creepy and they're kooky,

Mysterious and spooky,

They're all together ooky,

The Forum Garden Family.

Their house is a museum.

When people come to see 'em

They really are a screa-um.

The Forum Garden Family.

Neat

Sweet

Petite

So get a witch's shawl on.

A broomstick you can crawl on.

We're gonna pay a call on

The Forum Garden Family.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Ahso!

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Ahso! »

You've now crossed the line, Nomad - gone too far - become creepy.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Bevdee

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Bevdee »

I want to be Cousin Itt.
Odie

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Odie »

Bevdee;1289293 wrote: I want to be Cousin Itt.

:yh_rotfl
mrsK

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by mrsK »

Thanks.
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
Steev

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Steev »

Weed is about the safest medicine one could use. Not a single recorded death to be found as a result of it's usage. Certainly can't say that about pharmaceuticals. Not to mention a host of other benefits. There is an abundance of evidence to support these claims but, of course, that sort of info tends to be suppressed. You've got to dig a little.
hoppy

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by hoppy »

Oh whoopie. Another new "wonder drug".:thinking:
Jazzy

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Jazzy »

I would have to conduct an experiment in order to make a comment. Please PM me and I will tell you where you can send me some :wah:
Amythest

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Amythest »

hoppy;1289347 wrote: Oh whoopie. Another new "wonder drug".:thinking:

It isn't "NEW"!!!:yh_rotfl

We all wouldn't be on this continent if it weren't for Cannabis/Hemp.

The sails on the ships that transported europeans were made of cannabis. Origional paper and clothe was made of hemp. It is far superior to cotton.

It's been around for thousands of years, maybe a few million.

Cannabis was the MAIN medicine, along with opium, for people for centuries back into B.C. It really bothers me how true history is altered and changed for the sake of BIG MONEY!:-5

Watch "The Union: the business behind getting high"

Google it.

This documentary is chock full of FACTS, history and debunks all the propaganda that maligns the herb in this century alone. It explains why cannabis is such a threat ( not because it's dangerous, but highly benficial) to our present "sicko" economy.
Amythest

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Amythest »

Jazzy;1289369 wrote: I would have to conduct an experiment in order to make a comment. Please PM me and I will tell you where you can send me some :wah:

U can order seeds online and grow yer own. HA! or just head off to Mendicino County in CA, Marijuana Capital of the USA, where they grow and sell the largest ammount you could imagine! More than BC! Imagine!!:yh_rotfl
Odie

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Odie »

Amythest;1289454 wrote: U can order seeds online and grow yer own. HA! or just head off to Mendicino County in CA, Marijuana Capital of the USA, where they grow and sell the largest ammount you could imagine! More than BC! Imagine!!:yh_rotfl

just watch you don't get caught with those pretty plants.:lips:
Saint_

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Saint_ »

Steev;1289319 wrote: Weed is about the safest medicine one could use.

ROFLMAO! Yeah... it's been proven that smoking is "safe" time and time again. Sheesh!:yh_rotfl

Not a single recorded death to be found as a result of it's usage.

That's because they label it, 'Death from Emphysema", "Death from Lung Cancer", and "Death from Heart Attack!":thinking:

Not to mention a host of other benefits. .

Benefits like home invasions, and drug cartel murders?:rolleyes:
Ahso!

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Ahso! »

Saint_;1289467 wrote: ROFLMAO! Yeah... it's been proven that smoking is "safe" time and time again. Sheesh!:yh_rotfl

That's because they label it, 'Death from Emphysema", "Death from Lung Cancer", and "Death from Heart Attack!":thinking:

Benefits like home invasions, and drug cartel murders?:rolleyes::wah::wah:

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Amythest

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Amythest »

Odie;1289465 wrote: just watch you don't get caught with those pretty plants.:lips:

What plants? I don't live in Mendocino! and it's winter here!:p
Odie

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Odie »

Amythest;1289499 wrote: What plants? I don't live in Mendocino! and it's winter here!:p

'U can order seeds online and grow yer own. HA!'
Bevdee

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Bevdee »

I'm still craving brownies.
fuzzywuzzy

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

G#Gill;1288463 wrote: I know of a young man (in his early 30's), who has MS.............

This young man cannot see why cannabis is not made legal for supply under a doctor's prescription, as it could help so many people in similar situations such as his.

I can see him as an example of the beneficial use of the natural herb cannabis.

G gill my sis is in the last stages of her MS illness and mostly confined to bed and a wheelchair. She has her good days where the Docs pump her full of steroids so she can attend her childrens weddings and grandchildrens parties etc.

She smokes it because when an MS attack comes on not only is it extremely painful but it puts the muscle affected into severe spasm. The Joint she smokes relieves all that pain and relaxes the painful spasms.

For those who have made the comments about loss of ambition, killing off of brain cells and lung cancer. I'll ask her how she feels about that . I'm not sure she'll be too worried about it though at this time. The MS has already attacked her brain, her ambition at the moment is to last long enough to see all her children with children (she has one to go and it's soon) I doubt very much if she's worried about getting cancer or emphesemia although it would be funny and ironic to say the least. Something different I suppose She also has "the wonder drug" beside her bed for the time it just becomes too much and she can go peacefully.
mrsK

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by mrsK »

Back on track now.

Went to the Doc yesterday & had a yarn to him about the pro & con of medicinal cannabis.

He was very informative.

Gave me some reading & research to do.
Amythest

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Amythest »

fuzzywuzzy;1289662 wrote: G gill my sis is in the last stages of her MS illness and mostly confined to bed and a wheelchair. She has her good days where the Docs pump her full of steroids so she can attend her childrens weddings and grandchildrens parties etc.

She smokes it because when an MS attack comes on not only is it extremely painful but it puts the muscle affected into severe spasm. The Joint she smokes relieves all that pain and relaxes the painful spasms.

For those who have made the comments about loss of ambition, killing off of brain cells and lung cancer. I'll ask her how she feels about that . I'm not sure she'll be too worried about it though at this time. The MS has already attacked her brain, her ambition at the moment is to last long enough to see all her children with children (she has one to go and it's soon) I doubt very much if she's worried about getting cancer or emphesemia although it would be funny and ironic to say the least. Something different I suppose She also has "the wonder drug" beside her bed for the time it just becomes too much and she can go peacefully.

Fuzzywuzzy. It really touches me what your sister is going through. I wonder if she used cannabis, exclusively, at the onset of her MS, it would have somewhat cured it?

This is what I've heard from many who use cannabis to stave off convulsions from Neuro diseases such as MS and epilepsy.

One thing about steroids, specifically prednisone shots, used for pain and convulsions ( my Mother had Spinal Stenosis) is it gradually destroys the immune system. My mother developed horrible cellulitis, her lymphatic systems began to shut down and she blew up like a balloon. Then she devloped Blood clots in her leags so they put her on "warfarin" (I forget the pharm name for the human form) She was getting warfarin shots, developed an infection, then it completely shut her kidneys down.

The side effects from the drugs she took ended her life really. It was a horrible thing to watch and be around.

All the best to you and your family Fuzzywuzzy!
Amythest

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Amythest »

Bevdee;1289525 wrote: I'm still craving brownies.

Who's bakin'? U or ME!:guitarist
Ahso!

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Ahso! »

mrsK;1289667 wrote: Back on track now.

Went to the Doc yesterday & had a yarn to him about the pro & con of medicinal cannabis.

He was very informative.

Gave me some reading & research to do.MrsK, do I understand that you've never tried marijuana, even in your younger days?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
mrsK

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by mrsK »

Ahso!;1289674 wrote: MrsK, do I understand that you've never tried marijuana, even in your younger days?

You understand correctly never found the need to use it:-6
Ahso!

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Ahso! »

mrsK;1289675 wrote: You understand correctly never found the need to use it:-6You should watch the video I linked in the other cannabis thread. Its very informative. Will dispel most of the misinformation thats out there and in these threads.

I'm not encouraging you to use it, but at least permit yourself to see unbiased info.

What illness are you dealing with? Perhaps I missed that.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Amythest

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Amythest »

mrsK;1288437 wrote: Just wanted to get a few thoughts on this topic.

Our family have been having discussions about this form of pain relief.

Would you use it if all else failed?

MrsK. I don't think it's that great for pain relief really. It's ok for minor aches n pain but not chronic extreme pain. It does relieve pain caused by convulsions because it stops them.

Opium is best for that for a number of reasons.

Opium specifically targets the pain centres in the brain but marijuana prevents certain ailments from flairing up, thus preventing the pain. Depends on the problem. It doesn't cure cancer so it wouldn't help there.

I don't want to post links because i had trouble the other day when i did that, but you can google the key words for the real medical jargon.

Marijuana is more of a medicine for various ailments. Neuro disorders ( MS, epilepsy) Asthma, Glaucoma, Depression and PMS ( premenstrual syndrome or tension) and is an appetite stimulator for Cancer patients, or those whose pain is so great it blocks their appetite.
Bevdee

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Bevdee »

Amythest;1289671 wrote: Who's bakin'? U or ME!:guitarist

You bake, I'll eat. Let's throw some peanut butter chips in em, too!!

Ooh I love that I can edit my typoos.
Snowfire

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Snowfire »

Would I use it ? Absolutely ! Its a drug the same as any other. The amount of ignorant tosh posted here is astounding.

Any health complications arising from marijuana/cannabis comes from what it is smoked with. If you put the resin in with the tobacco then you obviously run the risk of inhaling the contents and the risks that involves. Using it straight clearly avoids the poisons associated with smoking tobacco.

The whole issue is negated by the fact - as has been pointed out - that the drug does not have to be inhaled and cab be taken as a pill.

Astonishing to think that the taking of prescribed morphine for acute pain is deemed acceptable but prescribed (or otherwise) cannabis is not

The British Government was embarrassed recently when a Government appointed scientist, Professor David Nutt, who was asked to write a report on the dangers of marijuana, promptly advised that the classification of the drug was reduced from class C to B. It wasnt what the Government wanted to hear so the Home Secretary sacked him

BBC NEWS | UK | Profile: Professor David Nutt
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Amythest

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Amythest »

Snowfire;1289682 wrote: Would I use it ? Absolutely ! Its a drug the same as any other. The amount of ignorant tosh posted here is astounding.

Any health complications arising from marijuana/cannabis comes from what it is smoked with. If you put the resin in with the tobacco then you obviously run the risk of inhaling the contents and the risks that involves. Using it straight clearly avoids the poisons associated with smoking tobacco.

The whole issue is negated by the fact - as has been pointed out - that the drug does not have to be inhaled and cab be taken as a pill.

Astonishing to think that the taking of prescribed morphine for acute pain is deemed acceptable but prescribed (or otherwise) cannabis is not

The British Government was embarrassed recently when a Government appointed scientist, Professor David Nutt, who was asked to write a report on the dangers of marijuana, promptly advised that the classification of the drug was reduced from class C to B. It wasnt what the Government wanted to hear so the Home Secretary sacked him

BBC NEWS | UK | Profile: Professor David Nutt

Hi Snowfire.

Astonishing to think before Morphine there was tar Opium and it wasn't as addictive and didn't kill people.

The problem with Pharm drugs, synthesizing from naturally occurring plants, or mineral elements, is this process turns the beneficial elements into concentrated poison. This is why specific doses are layed out and there are so many side effects.

I wouldn't take pill form THC. The various cannabinoids, chemical elements in Cannabis serve to balance each other out and are the main reason there are no side effects.

Medicinal Cannabis can be extracted into tinctures, put into food or can be smoked with a vaporizer if people worry about the harmfull effects of smoke.

Most scientists who support Medicinal marijuana are margianlized, attacked, fired from jobs. Corruption reigns and it's about Money.

If only Money was made of HEMP!:thinking:
Nomad

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Nomad »

mrsK;1289667 wrote: Back on track now.

I can fix that.
I AM AWESOME MAN
mrsK

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by mrsK »

Ahso!;1289677 wrote: You should watch the video I linked in the other cannabis thread. Its very informative. Will dispel most of the misinformation thats out there and in these threads.

I'm not encouraging you to use it, but at least permit yourself to see unbiased info.

What illness are you dealing with? Perhaps I missed that.

Thanks I will check it out.

The illness is cancer.

Thanks Amythest,Snowfire.:-6

I know Nomad.
Ahso!

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Ahso! »

mrsK;1289772 wrote: Thanks I will check it out.

The illness is cancer.

I know Nomad.Oh my! I'm so sorry! Have you been building up your vitamin d levels?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Steev

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Steev »

Saint, :confused:

I see you haven't educated yourself regarding the medicinal qualities nor the complete lack of evidence to substantiate you claims of induced heart attack, emphysema etc. If you're actually interested in the truth, then do some research. It's out there. Or alternately, continue to wallow in your apparent ignorance. :-1

It's only the dumbed down 'sheeple' that perpetuate this cannabis related dogma. ;)
fuzzywuzzy

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Nomad;1289688 wrote: I can fix that.

please do ........you know me.:o go for he humour aspect
Amythest

Medicinal Cannabis

Post by Amythest »

mrsK;1289772 wrote: Thanks I will check it out.

The illness is cancer.

I know Nomad.

I'm so sorry mrsK!

Usually the Chemo used to treat cancer supresses the appetite.

Cannabis is used as an appetite stimulant and relaxer. Cancer patients can have a tendency to waste away and not eat as much as they should. I really don't think it treats the kind of pain caused by cancer. It just helps releive some of the side effects from chemo.

Return to “Health Wellness”