Gastrointestestinal Discomfort

Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

How many people here experience gastrointestinal discomfort such as stomach aches after eating or eating certain foods?

For those who do experience this, does it run in the family?

If you do, when you go to the bathroom is it especially toxic smelling?

My answers;

yes

yes

yes
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

You probably have a bit of IBS going on, avoid things like spices and onions.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

buttercup;1286688 wrote: You probably have a bit of IBS going on, avoid things like spices and onions.I don't use spices and I only eat cooked onions, but that is very rare. My food is relatively bland.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

Have a look at this Ahso & see if it rings any bells.

What I need to know about Irritable Bowel Syndrome
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

We are human gastrointestestinal discomfort comes with the territory we are what we eat. ;)

If its that uncomfortable see a physician could be something more serious.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

CARLA;1286704 wrote: We are human gastrointestestinal discomfort comes with the territory we are what we eat. ;)

If its that uncomfortable see a physician could be something more serious.Good advice, Carla, though I'm taking a poll to see how prevalent it is. I'm really not soliciting medical advice.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

LOL..!! I come from a medical family I'm always giving advice. :yh_rotfl
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Odie

Post by Odie »

CARLA;1286709 wrote: LOL..!! I come from a medical family I'm always giving advice. :yh_rotfl

and we need that help.:D
Life is just to short for drama.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

I do occasionally if some wheat or gluten slips into my diet. Horrible horrible uncomfortable, bloated, nauseous feeling along with griping pain and awful tiredness.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Yogurt helps.

Not the namby-pamby fruity stuff.

Get some Dannon plain whole milk yogurt.

Or if they have "Mountain High" brand in your area, get that.

Get some of your favorite fruit mix some up the night before, and have it for breakfast a few times a week.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

I suffer with IBS and it can be a total pain in the a$$ :yh_rotfl

Seriously I still haven't found the right balance, cant eat bread, too much salad or fruit and veg make me worse, too much fibre or too less..It has also triggered other painful problems too sensitive to talk about on here lol..

Worse thing is I love pickled onions, pickled red cabbage and balsamic vinegar ect and if I give into my craving, I can suffer for days..

Work can be a nightmare, sitting down all day, My stomach burns and the gas just builds until your in excruciating pain.

Good link Buttercup:-6
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

My hubby got C.diff a couple of years ago, he was in a very serious state and could have died. He started having one 'Actimel' a day, and over time the terrible crippling stomach cramps subsided. Now he is very comfortable and you wouldn't know that he had had C.diff which brought him so near to dying. My son also got C.diff at the time, but not so bad and he recovered sooner. We all take one 'Actimel' each day (the flavours are delicious !), and we have no trouble with anything gastric at all. Whether this is coincidence or because of the daily 'dose' I aint a clue. But I'm not going to test it by giving up my 'Actimel', cos it's esso nice stuff.

P.S. I have no vested interest in the makers of this product, we just came across it really by accident, and our doctor suggesting that hubby should try taking one per day.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I sympathise Ahso as most of my life Is dominated by Gastro Discomfort.

I was absolutely fine until 17 years ago when I suffered Adhesions, a potentialy life threatening condition. I under-went emergency major surgery and was lucky to not have to be fitted with a Colostomy bag. That was more down to a good surgeon I believe. Since then, my discomfort gets worse as the years go by as I was warned at the time. I'm prescribed Anti-spasmodic's but they do not help the cramps much.

It's not so much what I eat, more how much I eat. Some days are worse than others, I don't know why but for some reason they are. After some meals, the pain Is almost Immediate and so Intense that I have to lie down for an hour to get rid of It. If I'm eating a meal out, I go prepared with pain killers that I take before the meal.

My bowel functions are perfectly normal, It's just the pain. I also have a slight paranoid fear of the Adhesions happening again as I never want to go through that again. I was in hospital for a month and went down to 7 stone in weight.

One thing I do find helps me, Is peppermints.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

G#Gill;1286812 wrote: My hubby got C.diff a couple of years ago, he was in a very serious state and could have died. He started having one 'Actimel' a day, and over time the terrible crippling stomach cramps subsided. Now he is very comfortable and you wouldn't know that he had had C.diff which brought him so near to dying. My son also got C.diff at the time, but not so bad and he recovered sooner. We all take one 'Actimel' each day (the flavours are delicious !), and we have no trouble with anything gastric at all. Whether this is coincidence or because of the daily 'dose' I aint a clue. But I'm not going to test it by giving up my 'Actimel', cos it's esso nice stuff.

P.S. I have no vested interest in the makers of this product, we just came across it really by accident, and our doctor suggesting that hubby should try taking one per day. I take Actimel every day Gill and I do believe my condition would be worse if I did not have It. It is worth trying for any one suffering.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon

Return to “Health Wellness”