Cancer

joey2000

Cancer

Post by joey2000 »

Just a general topic, wondering who might be dealing or has dealt with this - seems to me this is more of an epidemic than swine flu, but maybe that's having dealt with it a lot lately. Two people's fathers I was close to passed recently from it and now my girlfriend has it. Huge learning experience.
Ahso!

Cancer

Post by Ahso! »

joey2000;1266410 wrote: Just a general topic, wondering who might be dealing or has dealt with this - seems to me this is more of an epidemic than swine flu, but maybe that's having dealt with it a lot lately. Two people's fathers I was close to passed recently from it and now my girlfriend has it. Huge learning experience.Sorry to hear that. there is a wealth of info on the subject here, however, I would direct you to reading threads and posts from tedhutchinson.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
minks

Cancer

Post by minks »

joey2000;1266410 wrote: Just a general topic, wondering who might be dealing or has dealt with this - seems to me this is more of an epidemic than swine flu, but maybe that's having dealt with it a lot lately. Two people's fathers I was close to passed recently from it and now my girlfriend has it. Huge learning experience.

Ohhhh so sorry to hear it has struck your life like it has.

I have lost a pair of grandparents, and an ex-father-in-law to cancer. However my mother is a Breast Cancer Survivor. I hope they have caught your GF's cancer early enough.

M
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Odie

Cancer

Post by Odie »

joey2000;1266410 wrote: Just a general topic, wondering who might be dealing or has dealt with this - seems to me this is more of an epidemic than swine flu, but maybe that's having dealt with it a lot lately. Two people's fathers I was close to passed recently from it and now my girlfriend has it. Huge learning experience.

oh my so sorry to hear this!

Tell me about your girlfriend, maybe I can help/advise or just listen, if its uncomfortable here, you can always pm or email me.

I had breast cancer 7 years ago..surgery to remove the cancerous lump, 6 month of chemo and 5 week of radiation....I was in hospital for a month due to a blood infection as well....) because your white blood cells are down during chemo and are unable to fight off infection.) A bottle fell on my toe which gave me the infection.

hoping you tried to have a Happy Thanksgiving today if you live in the US.
Life is just to short for drama.
joey2000

Cancer

Post by joey2000 »

Thanks all, appreciate it. Day at a time and all that.

I will say this to anyone facing it: if you can manage it somehow, go to MD Anderson (Houston TX) for diagnosis/treatment/etc. Amazing place.
Lon

Cancer

Post by Lon »

Sorry to hear about your girlfriend Joey. You did not say what kind of cancer she has, there are many different kinds and some more serious than others.

I am a Prostate Cancer survivor of 23 years. Some men have died from Prostate Cancer but mine was caught early and taken care of. In addition, I was diagnosed in November of 2007 with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma which is a blood cancer, specifically, Waldenstrom's Disease. I felt just fine at diagnosis and was and still am quite physically active. I underwent treatment in December 0f 2007 and February 2008 and all during that time played tennis, golf and swimming daily. My particular cancer is not curable, but it is treatable, and I will no doubt die of something else besides this cancer. I am 75. My wife who is 65 is a breast cancer survivor and is enjoying good health and is also quite physically active. So---------hopefully, your girlfriend's cancer is one of the more benign forms that is either curable or treatable.
Odie

Cancer

Post by Odie »

joey2000;1266642 wrote: Thanks all, appreciate it. Day at a time and all that.

I will say this to anyone facing it: if you can manage it somehow, go to MD Anderson (Houston TX) for diagnosis/treatment/etc. Amazing place.

I'm pleased to know she is being well taken care of!:-6

You must live in the US, how did Thanksgiving today go for you?
Lon

Cancer

Post by Lon »

joey2000;1266642 wrote: Thanks all, appreciate it. Day at a time and all that.

You are right on about MD Anderson----they are a one of the best cancer centers in the U.S. My treatment in 2007-8 was a MD Anderson protocol.
K.Snyder

Cancer

Post by K.Snyder »

I've befriended a woman aged 20 years old that has informed me of her prior bout with Leukemia at the age of about 9... She very recently had to go back to the hospital as she's become very ill with internal bleeding...I'm not exactly sure what the problem is but hopefully it's just a bleeding ulcer!

Such a nice girl and stronger than most anyone can fathom

Such a nuisance cancer!

I've also read over the past couple of days that celery has many antioxidants that fights against cancer among others...

Did you know sniffing chili peppers cures headaches!?!?!??!? :eek:!?!?!?!?

:confused:

Apples also helps with constipation if anyone here is full from ear to bowl "send rum!" ya say!?!?!?!?
spot

Cancer

Post by spot »

joey2000;1266410 wrote: Just a general topic, wondering who might be dealing or has dealt with this - seems to me this is more of an epidemic than swine flu

I'd have thought that, in general, cancers (along with birth defects) are a reaction to a polluted environment when they suddenly crop up in unexpected proportions in a local population. I don't think they can be transmitted from one person to another except for the very few specific ones which are reactions to a particular virus like HPV.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
K.Snyder

Cancer

Post by K.Snyder »

K.Snyder;1294786 wrote: Did you know sniffing chili peppers cures headaches!?!?!??!? :eek:!?!?!?!?

Well, it has to be said...

Please don't sniff chili peppers!

If you have a headache please just take acetaminophen or Ibuprofen appropriately! If you're in dire need of medicine and cannot afford these medicines shove a pine cone up your butt and don't call me in the morning!

:yh_sigh FINE! :rolleyes: Please don't shove a pine cone up your butt!

The Ladies can call me! :yh_drools!
Nomad

Cancer

Post by Nomad »

I believe I have a tumor. The Dr. thinks its an ulcer. Hes going to shove a tube down my piehole on Tuesday and we will know more then. Im pretty sure hes a quack because all he did is press on my stomach and then blurted out the first thing that came to mind. The tumor feels like its the size of a canteloupe. Not that its bulging but thats what it feels like. Ill be surprised if I wake up tomorrow. If I do wake up I imagine Ill be choking on my own blood.

For those people that say I dont want your stinking sympathy, I say...I'll take theirs. I mean I want my own sympathy but I'd like to have theirs too.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Odie

Cancer

Post by Odie »

Nomad;1295171 wrote: I believe I have a tumor. The Dr. thinks its an ulcer. Hes going to shove a tube down my piehole on Tuesday and we will know more then. Im pretty sure hes a quack because all he did is press on my stomach and then blurted out the first thing that came to mind. The tumor feels like its the size of a canteloupe. Not that its bulging but thats what it feels like. Ill be surprised if I wake up tomorrow. If I do wake up I imagine Ill be choking on my own blood.

For those people that say I dont want your stinking sympathy, I say...I'll take theirs. I mean I want my own sympathy but I'd like to have theirs too.

good luck Nommie, fingers and toes crossed.:-4
Nomad

Cancer

Post by Nomad »

Im high on sedatives right now. I like it very much.

Thank you,

Nomad
I AM AWESOME MAN
Oscar Namechange

Cancer

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Nomad;1295522 wrote: Im high on sedatives right now. I like it very much.

Thank you,

Nomad Good luck Foamie Poamie Imperialist.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Cancer

Post by Odie »

Nomad;1295522 wrote: Im high on sedatives right now. I like it very much.

Thank you,

Nomad

when will they know?
ZAP

Cancer

Post by ZAP »

Any results on your tests, Nomad? I'm hoping for the best.
Nomad

Cancer

Post by Nomad »

The upper GI biopsy results were good.

Going in for more in the nether regions today.

The stuff they made me drink yesterday in preparation is remarkbly like what I imagine Yellowstone exploding would be like.

I highly recommend it for anyone with a few hours of free time.

I am looking forward to the buzz again. I cant begin to tell you how much I enjoy that.

With my addictive personality I expect this time next month Ill be mainlining Ajax trying to duplicate it.
I AM AWESOME MAN
ZAP

Cancer

Post by ZAP »

" . . . mainlining Ajax . . ." :yh_rotfl Well, at least with all else that you lost, you haven't lost your sense of humor. I had one of those tests last week (and the prep for it). Yes, it's thrilling, isn't it? Mine had good results. I hope yours does too.
Odie

Cancer

Post by Odie »

Nomad;1297407 wrote: The upper GI biopsy results were good.

Going in for more in the nether regions today.

The stuff they made me drink yesterday in preparation is remarkbly like what I imagine Yellowstone exploding would be like.

I highly recommend it for anyone with a few hours of free time.

I am looking forward to the buzz again. I cant begin to tell you how much I enjoy that.

With my addictive personality I expect this time next month Ill be mainlining Ajax trying to duplicate it.

yipppee..........so far so good!

wishing you luck again today!:-4

oh yeah....that chalky stuff......I think its made from glue.:lips:

Return to “Health Wellness”