Acai Palm/Acai berry

K.Snyder

Acai Palm/Acai berry

Post by K.Snyder »

Acai Palm and the Acai berry

I'd also like to talk about Mona Vie.

A friend of mine introduced me to the Mona Vie EMV energy drink and I loved it! Perhaps I love it because I've never had any other energy drink aside from when I'd failed to refrain from indulging meself on Jagerbombs!

It seems the Acai berry is taking the world by storm so I'm wondering if anyone out there in FG world is familiar with it.

Acai Palms Nutritional content from wiki

A powdered preparation of freeze-dried açaí fruit pulp and skin (Opti-açaí, K2A, Inc.) was reported to contain (per 100 g of extract) 533.9 calories, 52.2 g carbohydrates, 8.1 g protein, and 32.5 g total fat. The carbohydrate portion included 44.2 g of fiber. The powder was also shown to contain (per 100 g): negligible vitamin C, 260 mg calcium, 4.4 mg iron, and 1002 U vitamin A, as well as aspartic acid and glutamic acid; the amino acid content was 7.59% of total dry weight.

The fat content of açaí consists of oleic acid (56.2% of total fats), palmitic acid (24.1%), and linoleic acid (12.5%). Açaí also contains beta-sitosterol (78–91% of total sterols). The oil compartments in açaí fruit contain polyphenols such as procyanidin oligomers and vanillic acid, syringic acid, p-hydroxybenzoic acid, protocatechuic acid, and ferulic acid, which were shown to degrade substantially during storage or exposure to heat.AçaÃ* Palm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
hoppy

Acai Palm/Acai berry

Post by hoppy »

I tend to avoid these fads that pop up, especially if it's been plugged on Oprah or other like shows.
K.Snyder

Acai Palm/Acai berry

Post by K.Snyder »

hoppy;1260451 wrote: I tend to avoid these fads that pop up, especially if it's been plugged on Oprah or other like shows.

Well hoppy, they say that the Acai berry is healthy and that Mona Vie EMV is made with "all natural" ingredients.
hoppy

Acai Palm/Acai berry

Post by hoppy »

K.Snyder;1260514 wrote: Well hoppy, they say that the Acai berry is healthy and that Mona Vie EMV is made with "all natural" ingredients.

Well, if you like it and it's not harmful, go for it.

Return to “Health Wellness”