H1n1 anybody??

minks

H1n1 anybody??

Post by minks »

Hiow many of you are going to or already have got the vaccine? What are your thought on the vaccine, pros?? cons??

Medical profession members here please don't hold back.

This vaccine was released here in this city at 4 clinics (yep 4 clinics per 1 million + people idiotically out of proportion I know) Line ups for the vaccine ranged from 2 to 8 hours long. The Provincial government created the hugest panic this province has ever seen. 2 days after the clinics opened they had to open up an assessment clinic (which quaranteened about24 possible H1N1 cases) Why did they open the clinic of assessment because many ill people were inline for he vaccine. Many ill people and non-high risk people were turned away from getting the vaccine and told to come back later in November after the high risk people were vaccinated. Yes this has caused quite the uproar as...... the government failed to advertise the rules properl.... they flogged this city in particular about getting the vaccine only to recant the fact they meant....high risk people take priority. Here you are deemed high risk if you are pregnant, or a child between the ages of 6 months and 5 years. Or have chronic health issues.... surprise they were turning away people with terminal cancer, MS, and HIV. Well just what were the rules to this exercise when after day 2 they admitted they vaccinated many hundreds of non high risk folks and now have run out of vaccie for the time being.

You bet folks are panicing. It was utterly stupid.

Myself I have not decided on the vaccine yet. Fortunately my gandchildren and their parents were vaccinated.

What are some of your stories out there.....
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
KSnyder

H1n1 anybody??

Post by KSnyder »

I personally don't wish to contract any illness let alone one named after animals that find it pleasurable to drink the urine of another of the same species during the event of the donor "relieving" his/her self!

I think most of the "panic" is due in most part to the name the virus was given! How anyone would think it were appropriate to name a virus "The Swine Flu" and expect there to not be a world wide :lips: fit! is beyond me!

I do know that I'd recently talked with someone that had returned from a trip to Jamaica and he'd voiced how he were very ill(Spewing snot down the entire front of his face was the jist of it) so naturally I couldn't help but think to myself,."Ok,..I'm going to die!" Not because he were in Jamaica but because he'd traveled quite a distance in airports and whatnot!

I don't believe I've ever had the flu so I'm glad I very rarely get sick!

My advice would be to eat very healthy and don't do anything to jeopardize your overall health! It helps when combating illnesses you see!
Odie

H1n1 anybody??

Post by Odie »

6 clinics opened up here just last week.

only the elderly and children were to go.......

everyone ended up going, line-ups up to 8 hours by Wed...

now..they have run out of the vaccine.....some say its the company, some say its our government....bet they got theirs.:sneaky:

next week no one will be allowed to have one unless its the ones specified.

why wasn't that done last week?

now, most of us have no chance of getting this vaccine.:mad:
Life is just to short for drama.
KSnyder

H1n1 anybody??

Post by KSnyder »

Odie;1257960 wrote: 6 clinics opened up here just last week.

only the elderly and children were to go.......

everyone ended up going, line-ups up to 8 hours by Wed...

now..they have run out of the vaccine.....some say its the company, some say its our government....bet they got theirs.:sneaky:

next week no one will be allowed to have one unless its the ones specified.

why wasn't that done last week?

now, most of us have no chance of getting this vaccine.:mad:

Well, I'm sure they'll give you one Odie Wodie because you're so damn BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!:sneaky:

:yh_devil :yh_giggles!!!!!!!!!

:yh_winks!!!!!!

:yh_kisses!!!!!!!!
Odie

H1n1 anybody??

Post by Odie »

KSnyder;1257962 wrote: Well, I'm sure they'll give you one Odie Wodie because you're so damn BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!:sneaky:

:yh_devil :yh_giggles!!!!!!!!!

:yh_winks!!!!!!

nope.....90% of us are out of luck.:mad:
KSnyder

H1n1 anybody??

Post by KSnyder »

Odie;1257964 wrote: nope.....90% of us are out of luck.:mad:

Yes but you're soooooooooo DAMN BEAUTIFUL that anyone within the realms of rational forethought!!!!!!!!!!!!:yh_silly! :yh_hypno! couldn't ever ponder the thought of not giving YOU one Odie Wodie!!!!!!!!! :yh_winks!!!!!!!!

Peg

H1n1 anybody??

Post by Peg »

My grandchildren's pediatrician is not getting it nor having his kids vaccinated. He doesn't feel it was tested enough. He also said the flu shot is pretty much useless since it's based on last year's flu and new strains come out every year.
chonsigirl

H1n1 anybody??

Post by chonsigirl »

I'm not getting it, and there isn't any vaccine around here either.
Nomad

H1n1 anybody??

Post by Nomad »

Yes. Ill take 2 please.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Odie

H1n1 anybody??

Post by Odie »

minks;1257902 wrote: Hiow many of you are going to or already have got the vaccine? What are your thought on the vaccine, pros?? cons??

This vaccine was released here in this city at 4 clinics (yep 4 clinics per 1 million + people idiotically out of proportion I know) Line ups for the vaccine ranged from 2 to 8 hours long. The Provincial government created the hugest panic this province has ever seen. 2 days after the clinics opened they had to open up an assessment clinic (which quaranteened about24 possible H1N1 cases) Why did they open the clinic of assessment because many ill people were inline for he vaccine. Many ill people and non-high risk people were turned away from getting the vaccine and told to come back later in November after the high risk people were vaccinated. Yes this has caused quite the uproar as...... the government failed to advertise the rules properl.... they flogged this city in particular about getting the vaccine only to recant the fact they meant....high risk people take priority. Here you are deemed high risk if you are pregnant, or a child between the ages of 6 months and 5 years. Or have chronic health issues.... surprise they were turning away people with terminal cancer, MS, and HIV. Well just what were the rules to this exercise when after day 2 they admitted they vaccinated many hundreds of non high risk folks and now have run out of vaccie for the time being.

Myself I have not decided on the vaccine yet. Fortunately my gandchildren and their parents were vaccinated.

Same thing happened here Mel!

We just had a teen who died from it last Sunday......sheer panic here.

6 clinics opened up in Toronto alone, some went as early as 4 am because of the all day line-ups.:lips:

It was not organized in the least.

Ontario has also run out of the vaccine, to many went last week that shouldn't have.

damned Canadian government officials!:-5:-5

bet they got their vaccines weeks ago.:sneaky:

I wanted and needed this vaccine for several reasons.:-5:-5:mad::mad:
Raven

H1n1 anybody??

Post by Raven »

minks;1257902 wrote: Hiow many of you are going to or already have got the vaccine? What are your thought on the vaccine, pros?? cons??

Dont panic. It's a mild flu. It is NOT and I repeat NOT anything like the Spanish flu. I am not going to get the vaccine. I never get the flu jab, because every time I have in the past, I got sick. I am not working directly with people who would be at risk at present.

Now if it is still around by the time I get placed back in hospital, then I would consider it. But the most important advice I can give is to wash your hands ALOT and get one of those anti bacterial gel things to carry around in your bag. Sneeze and cough into a tissue.

Remember, it's just a flu. And a pretty mild one at that. People die every year of flu. Those deaths dont get publicised. The media has blown this one WAAAAAAAAAY out of proportion, folks.
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
Mustang

H1n1 anybody??

Post by Mustang »

One clinic will open this week to vaccinate the kids, pregnant women and those with major health issues. Registration is required ahead of time, no walk-ins will receive the vaccine.

No, I don't plan on getting vaccinated.
minks

H1n1 anybody??

Post by minks »

Mustang;1258083 wrote: One clinic will open this week to vaccinate the kids, pregnant women and those with major health issues. Registration is required ahead of time, no walk-ins will receive the vaccine.

that is a brilliant plan register head of time.

no I am no planning to get it either to new of a vaccine, and again like Raven said, tis a flu we have all had a flu and i think if we know our bodies wel enough we should know it's time to consult a dr if we are spewing fluids from our nasal passages and have double vison, chills and hear voices from the owls.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Mustang

H1n1 anybody??

Post by Mustang »

minks;1258245 wrote: that is a brilliant plan register head of time.

no I am no planning to get it either to new of a vaccine, and again like Raven said, tis a flu we have all had a flu and i think if we know our bodies wel enough we should know it's time to consult a dr if we are spewing fluids from our nasal passages and have double vison, chills and hear voices from the owls.

Voices from the owls....:wah: I haven't been sick enough to hear those voices yet. :p

Registering ahead of time works well because the clinic then knows exactly how many vaccines they will need.
Odie

H1n1 anybody??

Post by Odie »

Mustang;1258083 wrote: One clinic will open this week to vaccinate the kids, pregnant women and those with major health issues. Registration is required ahead of time, no walk-ins will receive the vaccine.

now that's a good plan, they should have done it that way here.
CARLA

H1n1 anybody??

Post by CARLA »

If I could find the vaccine I will get it.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Return to “Health Wellness”