Meltdown

Nomad

Meltdown

Post by Nomad »

About once every 2 or 3 months I crash. Usually when Im exerting myself. It happened today. Started feeling weak then really dizzy. Have to sit down or Ill pass out. Takes about an hour and a half to recover. I start feeling better after I eat something.

Diagnose me please.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Odie

Meltdown

Post by Odie »

Nomad;1235249 wrote: About once every 2 or 3 months I crash. Usually when Im exerting myself. It happened today. Started feeling weak then really dizzy. Have to sit down or Ill pass out. Takes about an hour and a half to recover. I start feeling better after I eat something.

Diagnose me please.

your may not be getting enough sleep.

but you need to eat more often, even it its just snacks, cheese and crackers, yogurt, bananas etc.

happens to me to, food always is the best solution, your body can not continue to go without nourishment when your over-exerting.
Life is just to short for drama.
Nomad

Meltdown

Post by Nomad »

Odie;1235252 wrote: your may not be getting enough sleep.

but you need to eat more often, even it its just snacks, cheese and crackers, yogurt, bananas etc.

happens to me to, food always is the best solution, your body can not continue to go without nourishment when your over-exerting.

Its related to food but I think its like a gluecose thing or something.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Odie

Meltdown

Post by Odie »

Nomad;1235255 wrote: Its related to food but I think its like a gluecose thing or something.

why would you think that your not getting enough sugar?

if that's the case, down a pepsi.
qsducks

Meltdown

Post by qsducks »

Nomad;1235255 wrote: Its related to food but I think its like a gluecose thing or something.

I thought it was related to the winking chick at the airport:thinking:..don't over exert yourself.
CARLA

Meltdown

Post by CARLA »

I agree your experiencing a sugar low most likely because you exerted yourself and expended all your energy doing so. Usually a blood test and a glucose tolerance test will let you know if its anything to worry about.

I suggest you eat a bit more when you know your going to over do it. We all experience this now and then and it usually requires food and rest to recoup. If your only crashing every 2 or 3 months your way ahead of me I crash in some form or fashion daily. :yh_rotfl

[QUOTE]Its related to food but I think its like a gluecose thing or something.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Odie

Meltdown

Post by Odie »

CARLA;1235266 wrote: I agree your experiencing a sugar low most likely because you exerted yourself and expended all your energy doing so. Usually a blood test and a glucose tolerance test will let you know if its anything to worry about.

I suggest you eat a bit more when you know your going to over do it. We all experience this now and then and it usually requires food and rest to recoup. If your only crashing every 2 or 3 months your way ahead of me I crash in some form or fashion daily. :yh_rotfl

omg......me to, I crash everyday for another reason.:mad:
Nomad

Meltdown

Post by Nomad »

CARLA;1235266 wrote: I agree your experiencing a sugar low most likely because you exerted yourself and expended all your energy doing so. Usually a blood test and a glucose tolerance test will let you know if its anything to worry about.

Protien, carbs???
I AM AWESOME MAN
spot

Meltdown

Post by spot »

Nomad;1235249 wrote: About once every 2 or 3 months I crash. Usually when Im exerting myself. It happened today. Started feeling weak then really dizzy. Have to sit down or Ill pass out. Takes about an hour and a half to recover. I start feeling better after I eat something.

Diagnose me please.

Is "have to sit down or Ill pass out" theoretical or have you actually done the passing out thing? If so, how often (over the past five years).

"you need to eat more often, even it its just snacks, cheese and crackers, yogurt, bananas etc" is catastrophically bad advice and leads to gross overweight problems. Don't even think of trying it. By all means force down some fruit between meals if you want to pretend vitamins matter but that's the limit as far as snacking goes.

Out of interest, how much refined sugar comes into your household each month in bags?

As an afterthought, so we have more detail, do you know whether your blood has a pressure?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
mrsK

Meltdown

Post by mrsK »

Diagnose me please.

May be low/lack of potassium,that was my problem anyway.

Now I always carry a banana with me & as soon as I feel dizzy & shaky I eat the banana.

Best to go to the Doc & have a check up first though.
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
kayleneaussie

Meltdown

Post by kayleneaussie »

Go to the Doctor and have a checkup ....
FOC THREAD PART 1
Odie

Meltdown

Post by Odie »

spot;1235314 wrote: Is "have to sit down or Ill pass out" theoretical or have you actually done the passing out thing? If so, how often (over the past five years).

"you need to eat more often, even it its just snacks, cheese and crackers, yogurt, bananas etc" is catastrophically bad advice and leads to gross overweight problems. Don't even think of trying it. By all means force down some fruit between meals if you want to pretend vitamins matter but that's the limit as far as snacking goes.

Out of interest, how much refined sugar comes into your household each month in bags?

As an afterthought, so we have more detail, do you know whether your blood has a pressure?

"you need to eat more often, even it its just snacks, cheese and crackers, yogurt, bananas etc" is catastrophically bad advice and leads to gross overweight problems. Don't even think of trying it.

cheese, yogurt and bananas are an excellent source of vitamins, they also fill you up when in need of something.

did you honestly think I meant by the truck full?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

yes, I will have one sleeve of crackers!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
spot

Meltdown

Post by spot »

Odie;1235382 wrote: cheese, yogurt and bananas are an excellent source of vitamins, they also fill you up when in need of something.If Nomad's problem has anything to do with vitamins I'll eat my hat.

Odie wrote: did you honestly think I meant by the truck full?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

yes, I will have one sleeve of crackers!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

"they also fill you up when in need of something" says it all. Adding comment on my part would be superfluous.

Nomad, how much do you personally have to pay to get a broad systemic checkup, once you take your insurance and the bit about paying the first so much yourself into account? At a guess, in the UK, privately (that's £120=$200 an hour for the General Practitioner's time and then the cost of whatever blood tests he sends off) it would come to around £600=$1000.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
ZAP

Meltdown

Post by ZAP »

Diagnose me please.

The "hour and a half to recover" sounds like a long time. How long since you've had a physical? Get one and make perfectly clear what your symptoms are. Sometimes doctors are quick to dismiss what doesn't send up the usual flares (although your symptoms do!)

In my case when I mentioned to a gynecologist that I was feeling pressure in my chest he said I wasn't getting enough exercise. I told him exercise was what set off the symptoms and that I was going to tell my family doctor. After a bunch of tests we found the aortic valve had gone from quarter-size to the size of a straw, without any pain whatsoever & blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. perfectly normal.

So be persistent. You know you shouldn't feel like that.
chonsigirl

Meltdown

Post by chonsigirl »

You need to eat more. Maybe smaller meals with snacks inbetween.

Do you get regular physical exercise?

Eat a well balanced diet?

Get enough sleep?

Start with the basics, and keep track of them. If you are lacking in anything basic like caloric intake, see what happens when you eat differently.

If you don't feel better, the suggestions about a general physical checkup would be a good idea.
spot

Meltdown

Post by spot »

Nomad;1235249 wrote: Diagnose me please.What's your pulse rate during one of these sat-down episodes? Does it get as low as 40 beats a minute? No, I know you don't know but you could check next time. You'll need a watch with a second hand, throw away the first ten beats while you settle into counting and then count 40 beats and find out how many seconds go by. Under 40 seconds you answer "No", more than a minute you answer "Yes".

(Just so I don't forget why I asked, Type 1 Second-degree AV block).
Odie

Meltdown

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1235473 wrote: You need to eat more. Maybe smaller meals with snacks inbetween.

Do you get regular physical exercise?

Eat a well balanced diet?

Get enough sleep?

Start with the basics, and keep track of them. If you are lacking in anything basic like caloric intake, see what happens when you eat differently.

If you don't feel better, the suggestions about a general physical checkup would be a good idea.

bang on Chonsi!:guitarist:guitarist
CARLA

Meltdown

Post by CARLA »

Chonsi,Spot all good advice. Monitor yourself if it happens again see a Doctor. Spot right it's not Vitimins more like potassium or food intake.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Peg

Meltdown

Post by Peg »

Low blood sugar is my first guess. Potassium if you are sweating a lot.
Clodhopper

Meltdown

Post by Clodhopper »

If the crash is coming after extended heavy physical exertion, eat more carbohydrate. If not, either:

1) Smoke less cannabis.

2) Get checked for diabetes.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Nomad

Meltdown

Post by Nomad »

spot;1235314 wrote: Is "have to sit down or Ill pass out" theoretical or have you actually done the passing out thing? If so, how often (over the past five years).

My blood does have pressure. Its usually in the fine to good range. I dont understand the pretend vitamins matter thing. Refined sugar...I like cake, pie or ice cream after dinner. Thats non negotiable.
I AM AWESOME MAN
spot

Meltdown

Post by spot »

Nomad;1235601 wrote: My blood does have pressure. Its usually in the fine to good range. I dont understand the pretend vitamins matter thing. Refined sugar...I like cake, pie or ice cream after dinner. Thats non negotiable."Pretend" only to the extent that vitamins aren't your problem.

The thread'll be here after you've had your next bout. Don't forget to check your pulse while it's happening.

You've never actually passed out then?
Odie

Meltdown

Post by Odie »

Nomad;1235601 wrote: My blood does have pressure. Its usually in the fine to good range. I dont understand the pretend vitamins matter thing. Refined sugar...I like cake, pie or ice cream after dinner. Thats non negotiable.

did you mention cake?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

trust us, have a banana.;)
spot

Meltdown

Post by spot »

I've no idea why people are trivializing this, the lad needs strapping to an ECG as soon as he can reasonably get there. It's why I asked about his potential health care costs.
ZAP

Meltdown

Post by ZAP »

spot;1235663 wrote: I've no idea why people are trivializing this, the lad needs strapping to an ECG as soon as he can reasonably get there. It's why I asked about his potential health care costs.

I agree that he should be checked. An hour and a half to recover from exertion isn't normal. Feeling dizzy to the point of nearly fainting isn't either. Athletes who undergo extreme exertion recover faster than that.
chonsigirl

Meltdown

Post by chonsigirl »

I agree with spot, Nomad needs to monitor this.

You can always get a watch to check your pulse rate, they are not too much, get one from Walmart. (or do the multiplication like spot suggested)

And, make a doctor visit and explain your symptoms.
Accountable

Meltdown

Post by Accountable »

Odie;1235656 wrote: did you mention cake?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

trust us, have a banana.;)
But eat it quickly. It looks funny when a guy savors a banana. :-3
mrsK

Meltdown

Post by mrsK »

Accountable;1235765 wrote: But eat it quickly. It looks funny when a guy savors a banana. :-3

Your not wrong there:-3:-3
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
Betty Boop

Meltdown

Post by Betty Boop »

Accountable;1235765 wrote: But eat it quickly. It looks funny when a guy savors a banana. :-3

:wah: oh dear

I think you should get checked out too Nomes, that seems a long time to recover from what is being assumed a sugar low.
Lon

Meltdown

Post by Lon »

Diagnose me please.

Possibly--------------https://www.google.com/health/ref/Hypoglycemia
buttercup

Meltdown

Post by buttercup »

Diagnose me please.

Have sex more often. Once every two or three months will do that to a guy.
Odie

Meltdown

Post by Odie »

buttercup;1235773 wrote: Have sex more often. Once every two or three months will do that to a guy.

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Mariposa Traicionera

Meltdown

Post by Mariposa Traicionera »

I have hypoglycemia, and that sounds just like what happens to me when my blood sugar gets low.
Accountable

Meltdown

Post by Accountable »

What's the difference between that and diabetes?
Mariposa Traicionera

Meltdown

Post by Mariposa Traicionera »

Accountable;1235847 wrote: What's the difference between that and diabetes?
I think diabetes has more to do with how the pancreas processes sugar and manufactures insulin, but I'm not sure. I know that with diabetes your blood sugar can spike too high in addition to being too low. Hypoglycemia merely means low blood sugar.
Accountable

Meltdown

Post by Accountable »

Mariposa Traicionera;1235849 wrote: I think diabetes has more to do with how the pancreas processes sugar and manufactures insulin, but I'm not sure. I know that with diabetes your blood sugar can spike too high in addition to being too low. Hypoglycemia merely means low blood sugar.
Got it. Thanks! :)
Wick3d D3vi4nt

Meltdown

Post by Wick3d D3vi4nt »

really?!? you are seeking medical advice from these members? ARE U CRAZY?!? GO TO A DOCTOR!!!! go to a doctor or DIE!! if I had more info I could prolly narrow it down but this could be one of several serious conditions

my mom died because she ignored symptoms and when she finally did see a doctor it was too late
This cute lil asian girl can SO kick your ass six ways to Sunday. Believe it!

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2008!
Nomad

Meltdown

Post by Nomad »

Wick3d D3vi4nt;1236957 wrote: really?!? you are seeking medical advice from these members? ARE U CRAZY?!? GO TO A DOCTOR!!!! go to a doctor or DIE!! if I had more info I could prolly narrow it down but this could be one of several serious conditions

my mom died because she ignored symptoms and when she finally did see a doctor it was too late

Yes I am crazy. CRAZY LIKE A FOX !
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Health Wellness”