ME / Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Bez

Post by Bez »

Does anyone know anything about this illness ?
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Personally I don't know anybody diagnosed with it, but here is a link to the Mayo Clinic which tells all about it.

Chronic fatigue syndrome - MayoClinic.com

Hope the information is helpful to you Bez. :)
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

My sister has it, it is one of the syndromes that not many understand-they just think why do they get tried out so much? But they are many reasons why, that is a good link Mustang left.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Bez;1233096 wrote: Does anyone know anything about this illness ?

Some links to british organisations

The ME Association - About ME

The ME Association

Hope you don't have it.
Bez

Post by Bez »

Thanks for the links....I've not been well lately and CFS has been suggested. I have more blood tests next week and I might change my beta blockers as I've not felt right since I started taking them....they have cured my heart problems though. We'll see I guess....I haven't got time not to feel 100%....too much life to live.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Bez;1233385 wrote: Thanks for the links....I've not been well lately and CFS has been suggested. I have more blood tests next week and I might change my beta blockers as I've not felt right since I started taking them....they have cured my heart problems though. We'll see I guess....I haven't got time not to feel 100%....too much life to live.

Hope you get everything sorted soon, keeping fingers crossed it's just down to the medication. :-4
Odie

Post by Odie »

Bez;1233385 wrote: Thanks for the links....I've not been well lately and CFS has been suggested. I have more blood tests next week and I might change my beta blockers as I've not felt right since I started taking them....they have cured my heart problems though. We'll see I guess....I haven't got time not to feel 100%....too much life to live.

I do know just how you feel, as my energy level is extremely low for other reasons, and its depressing when your fatigued most of the time.

although there is no cure for CFS, they may try anti-depressants.

good luck and let us know.
Life is just to short for drama.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Like many I have had glandular fever. I think the two are related but in actual fact I know nothing about it-it's just my opinion. It's surprising the number of people that have had glandular fever when you ask the question. It's similar also in that you get no sympathy and people just think you are malingering. Might be diet related as well. If you do any kind of active sports like cycling or hill walking you learn just how much difference what you eat can make.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I'm sorry that you're not feeling well Bez. Hope you find some relief soon:-6
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Bez;1233096 wrote: Does anyone know anything about this illness ?

My daughter had it for seven years before growing out of it.

She now has a huge dislike of needles and blood tests but appears to be fully recovered.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

This may be your cause and just changing to a different beta blocker may do the trick. I had to try about 7 different blood pressure meds before I found the one that was right for me.

[QUOTE]I might change my beta blockers as I've not felt right since I started taking them[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Return to “Health Wellness”