ladies only please.

Odie

ladies only please.

Post by Odie »

for all of those asking for my results.....everything is completely normal on my mameogram!:guitarist:guitarist

it runs high in my family...actually extremely high.

gramma died from it....mom had a masectomy......five years later....another mastectomy.....then it came back a third time in her breast (chest)

I had it once in 2001, lump was removed, chemo and radiation.

-now they have anti-cancer fighting drugs that you can stay on much much longer than 5 years as they did years and years ago.....so I will ask my surgeon next week if this is why I am so fortunate.

and for all the women here......check your breasts monthly.:-5:-5

I was always to afraid to.... I was extremely lucky, they caught it in time.

and thank you all for so much support before, that day and 5 days later.

what a great bunch of friends I have here!:-4

thanks and love Joan

xo
Life is just to short for drama.
qsducks

ladies only please.

Post by qsducks »

I just received a magnet called "Check your boobies"...its from the breast cancer foundation. And yes, I check them in the shower...not at the pool.
Odie

ladies only please.

Post by Odie »

qsducks;1222243 wrote: I just received a magnet called "Check your boobies"...its from the breast cancer foundation. And yes, I check them in the shower...not at the pool.

omg....they send that monthly to you......awesome idea!

nice to know your checking.
qsducks

ladies only please.

Post by qsducks »

Odie;1222246 wrote: omg....they send that monthly to you......awesome idea!

nice to know your checking.

It was a freebie I received through a friend who em's me stuff where you can free things...I've gotten loads of magnets & samples for free.
Oscar Namechange

ladies only please.

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Odie;1222240 wrote: for all of those asking for my results.....everything is completely normal on my mameogram!:guitarist:guitarist

it runs high in my family...actually extremely high.

gramma died from it....mom had a masectomy......five years later....another mastectomy.....then it came back a third time in her breast (chest)

I had it once in 2001, lump was removed, chemo and radiation.

-now they have anti-cancer fighting drugs that you can stay on much much longer than 5 years as they did years and years ago.....so I will ask my surgeon next week if this is why I am so fortunate.

and for all the women here......check your breasts monthly.:-5:-5

I was always to afraid to.... I was extremely lucky, they caught it in time.

and thank you all for so much support before, that day and 5 days later.

what a great bunch of friends I have here!:-4

thanks and love Joan

xoI'm so relieved Joan, it was a huge worry for you. You must be so relieved.

I'm very bad myself. I get appointments from the screening department every six months because as you know my sister died young from breast cancer and my mothers sister also, but i haven't been going for the screens. I really must.

Glad your OK......... I was worried about you. :-4
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Betty Boop

ladies only please.

Post by Betty Boop »

oscar;1222285 wrote: I'm so relieved Joan, it was a huge worry for you. You must be so relieved.

I'm very bad myself. I get appointments from the screening department every six months because as you know my sister died young from breast cancer and my mothers sister also, but i haven't been going for the screens. I really must.

Then you really must go!! I check too, even though so far, there is no history of it within my family.

Glad you got your results, there is nothing worse than playing the waiting game.
Odie

ladies only please.

Post by Odie »

oscar;1222285 wrote: I'm so relieved Joan, it was a huge worry for you. You must be so relieved.

thanks hun......its a worry every year becasue you just don't know....

the anti-cancer fighting drugs are a help......just not sure how much..

every 6 months seems a bit extreme.....watch how much radiation your having.
chonsigirl

ladies only please.

Post by chonsigirl »

That is great results!:)
Odie

ladies only please.

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1222296 wrote: That is great results!:)

thanks bunny girl!:-4

Odie is soooooo happy!:guitarist:guitarist
Oscar Namechange

ladies only please.

Betty Boop;1222288 wrote: Then you really must go!! I check too, even though so far, there is no history of it within my family.

Glad you got your results, there is nothing worse than playing the waiting game.
Thanks Boopy.

I think the truth is that i have lost so many family to cancer all together. We lost our mum, dad, sister, aunt, Mr O's son, then MR O was found with advanced cancer that it just puts me the hell off going. None of my family died quickly, they were all horrible long drawn out deaths and it took alot of getting over. Some things are best not knowing in my book. :(
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

ladies only please.

Post by Odie »

Betty Boop;1222288 wrote: Then you really must go!! I check too, even though so far, there is no history of it within my family.

thank you Betty........ I hate that waiting game.

glad you check to.:guitarist
Betty Boop

ladies only please.

Post by Betty Boop »

oscar;1222298 wrote: Thanks Boopy.

I think the truth is that i have lost so many family to cancer all together. We lost our mum, dad, sister, aunt, Mr O's son, then MR O was found with advanced cancer that it just puts me the hell off going. None of my family died quickly, they were all horrible long drawn out deaths and it took alot of getting over. Some things are best not knowing in my book. :(

Yes, I can understand where you're coming from with that statement too. I guess it's all down to how we all deal with these things personally. I only went and had that other regular check we all get called up for recently, I'd avoided it for six years! The six week wait for the results wasn't fun.
Oscar Namechange

ladies only please.

Betty Boop;1222309 wrote: Yes, I can understand where you're coming from with that statement too. I guess it's all down to how we all deal with these things personally. I only went and had that other regular check we all get called up for recently, I'd avoided it for six years! The six week wait for the results wasn't fun.
No, the wait is the worst ever. Poor Odie had to wait days for her results.

I had major surgery a few years back and although there were problems from that surgery, the actual problem was cured. Then i had a consultant come to my bed and told me that while they were down my throat, they had found something. I asked if it was cancer and she said at that stage they didn't know. I was taken back down for a biopsy, and it took a week for the results. It was hell, i thought i had throat cancer as my fathers cancer went to his throat. I will never forget that wait for the results and why i empathise with anyone having to wait for them.

Mr O's son died at 4 years old from a rare form of childrens cancer. Not fair.
Betty Boop

ladies only please.

Post by Betty Boop »

oscar;1222311 wrote: No, the wait is the worst ever. Poor Odie had to wait days for her results.

I had major surgery a few years back and although there were problems from that surgery, the actual problem was cured. Then i had a consultant come to my bed and told me that while they were down my throat, they had found something. I asked if it was cancer and she said at that stage they didn't know. I was taken back down for a biopsy, and it took a week for the results. It was hell, i thought i had throat cancer as my fathers cancer went to his throat. I will never forget that wait for the results and why i empathise with anyone having to wait for them.

Not fair at all, no. I worry for my children, as cancer is common on their dad's side.

I hope you're planning on heading out and celebrating Odie :guitarist
Odie

ladies only please.

Post by Odie »

oscar;1222311 wrote: No, the wait is the worst ever. Poor Odie had to wait days for her results.

it isn't fair!:-5:-5

I'm so happy that everything turned out well for you my friend!

The day I have my mamo done......I just phone my doctor for a verbal......but this year they forgot to send the previous year to the lab to compare........

the secretary did say.....if they had seen a problem......they would have notified her asap........so that was a relief that day.......

but you still worry............

so when she phoned today, ahhhhhhhhhhh relief!

most patients have to wait until their doctors appointment in a 2-3 weeks, but I am lucky.......as Debbie, the secretary knows of my fears.
Kathy Ellen

ladies only please.

Post by Kathy Ellen »

That's great news Odie:-4 I'm so happy for you:guitarist
Odie

ladies only please.

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1222332 wrote: That's great news Odie:-4 I'm so happy for you:guitarist

thank you my friend.:-4

Return to “Health Wellness”