rain in my heart drunken people ill through drink

farmer giles

Post by farmer giles »

a very very moving tv programme ,contains swearing and moving scenes but if you know someone who drinks make them watch it please its made me a lot more determined never to drink again :thinking::thinking:

YouTube - Rain In My Heart (1 of 10)
Odie

Post by Odie »

never heard of it Jim, but I can't tolerate drunks.:-5:-5
Life is just to short for drama.
farmer giles

Post by farmer giles »

an overwhelming thought for me is there but for the grace of god go i :thinking:

YouTube - Rain In My Heart (2 of 10)
farmer giles

Post by farmer giles »

i'm not as bad as these guys by far but my mother was :thinking:

YouTube - Rain In My Heart (3 of 10)
farmer giles

Post by farmer giles »

ok a couple of years ago my eyes were like the guys in this vid :thinking:

YouTube - Rain In My Heart (4 of 10)
farmer giles

Post by farmer giles »

grim :thinking:

YouTube - Rain In My Heart (5 of 10)
farmer giles

Post by farmer giles »

very sad this one if you are easy upset best give it a miss :thinking::(

YouTube - Rain In My Heart (6 of 10)
farmer giles

Post by farmer giles »

grim indeed :( if you are not moved by this womans grief you really cant have a heart :thinking::thinking:

YouTube - Rain In My Heart (7 of 10)
farmer giles

Post by farmer giles »

i watched a friend go through this by this time i think there is no hope for them :thinking:

YouTube - Rain In My Heart (8 of 10)
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

Odie;1213608 wrote: never heard of it Jim, but I can't tolerate drunks.:-5:-5

Perhaps I am a little too sensitive to this subject and therefore I should possibly shut my mouth. However, I've seen what alcohol does to people and I also understand why people use it to escape. People drink for many different reasons.

You learn to tolerate a hell of a lot when it's on your own doorstep.

Odie please understand that I'm not getting at you. What you said just touched a nerve, that's all ;)
Very nearly perfect ... :D
farmer giles

Post by farmer giles »

the end is near :(

YouTube - Rain In My Heart (9 of 10)
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Jim, I saw all this in person. My grandad was an alcoholic. He had a fall that broke a hip. That was the beginning of a long, painful end. He was diabetic and they had to cut off his leg. Eventually, they took both legs. He lingered on awhile, then died. My grandma cared for him at home as long as she could. The neighbors said they could hear him screaming when she had to change his bandages. Some neighbors and family helped granny tend to him. It was a very bad end.:-1
farmer giles

Post by farmer giles »

the end :thinking::thinking:

YouTube - Rain In My Heart (10 of 10)
farmer giles

Post by farmer giles »

hoppy;1213647 wrote: Jim, I saw all this in person. My grandad was an alcoholic. He had a fall that broke a hip. That was the beginning of a long, painful end. He was diabetic and they had to cut off his leg. Eventually, they took both legs. He lingered on awhile, then died. My grandma cared for him at home as long as she could. The neighbors said they could hear him screaming when she had to change his bandages. Some neighbors and family helped granny tend to him. It was a very bad end.:-1

thanks for your reply hoppy ,i actually feel more sorry for the loved ones that go through the hell of looking after these drinkers

if just one person who drinks watches this thread and stops it will be worth the hour and a half watching it :thinking::thinking:
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

I'm still haunted by my grandad's suffering. I still remember him begging my dad to load one of his pistols and just leave it on his bed.

Once, when I was stronger and cared, I quit drink for 6 months. Lost 15 pounds. It surprised me how much money I had for other things. But, I don't care much anymore. My world is gone for good. This new world is a foreign and disgusting place. Every day I pray for a sudden death so as not to burden anyone. Many of my kin just dropped dead or woke up dead. They were the lucky ones. I pray for luck.
farmer giles

Post by farmer giles »

hoppy;1213716 wrote: I'm still haunted by my grandad's suffering. I still remember him begging my dad to load one of his pistols and just leave it on his bed.

Once, when I was stronger and cared, I quit drink for 6 months. Lost 15 pounds. It surprised me how much money I had for other things. But, I don't care much anymore. My world is gone for good. This new world is a foreign and disgusting place. Every day I pray for a sudden death so as not to burden anyone. Many of my kin just dropped dead or woke up dead. They were the lucky ones. I pray for luck.

ouch hoppy :thinking:

i had no idea you come across such a happy guy ,you must be like me funny on the outside but inside fighting great sadness ,you hide it well my friend :-6:-6

do you not have kids or grandchildren :thinking:
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Yeah, three sons two daughters, eight grandkids, four great grandkids.
farmer giles

Post by farmer giles »

hoppy;1213752 wrote: Yeah, three sons two daughters, eight grandkids, four great grandkids.

without prying into your private life do you see them much :thinking:
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Oldest son comes around near every day to see if I'm ok. Mostly he comes to use my phone because he has none, or watch something on TV because he has none. He's got a good job, new pickup and lots of neat guns though.

Oldest daughter takes me around to run errands when I need her. She bakes me stuff. Younger daughter lives in another town, works full time and is taking college courses at night. I see her on occasion. Other two sons don't show up much. One works all over the state all week, sometimes through weekends. Other son spent 23 years in the army. Both gulf wars and lots of other armpits of the world. His wife divorced him after he was back for awhile because she nor anyone can deal with him. He's on medication for that.
farmer giles

Post by farmer giles »

hoppy;1213765 wrote: Oldest son comes around near every day to see if I'm ok. Mostly he comes to use my phone because he has none, or watch something on TV because he has none. He's got a good job, new pickup and lots of neat guns though.

Oldest daughter takes me around to run errands when I need her. She bakes me stuff. Younger daughter lives in another town, works full time and is taking college courses at night. I see her on occasion. Other two sons don't show up much. One works all over the state all week, sometimes through weekends. Other son spent 23 years in the army. Both gulf wars and lots of other armpits of the world. His wife divorced him after he was back for awhile because she nor anyone can deal with him. He's on medication for that.

hey buddy it sounds to me like your a much loved father and grandfather with lots to live for and look forward too :-6:-6
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

hoppy;1213716 wrote: I'm still haunted by my grandad's suffering. I still remember him begging my dad to load one of his pistols and just leave it on his bed.

To be blunt hoppy, most alcoholics are not "lucky" the way you describe it. They do linger in a long death and are a burden on others. My husband was my world and that world was taken from me 4 months ago. I could have said ******* it and taken the easy way out...and I almost did. I've got kids and grandkids and would never willingly place upon them the burden of a long illness or my death...not when I know I don't need to leave them by choice, just when it's my time to go. Please just think about what I've said...and you can cuss me out all you want, but it's worth it to me.
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

I watched some, but like you, have lived a lot of it. It's a great post and I really hope it can help even one person. :-6:-6
farmer giles

Post by farmer giles »

shelbell;1213872 wrote: I watched some, but like you, have lived a lot of it. It's a great post and I really hope it can help even one person. :-6:-6

thank you shellhead :):)

talking about my failures is never easy but as you say if just one person can see what drink can do to some people and can see people like you and i plus others on fg that dont want to talk about it can beat the demon drink they might think they can too :)

well done to you for stopping drinking and well done for not returning to drink in the hard times you have faced lately :-6:-6
glalinho

Post by glalinho »

Thanks for your posting. This forum is very interesting. :wah:

Return to “Health Wellness”