I'm tired almost all day

nvalleyvee

I'm tired almost all day

Post by nvalleyvee »

I know this started after my chemo 5 years ago. I drink 1 cup of coffee in the AM, I get 8-9 hours of sleep, I drink 1 soda a day and at least 4 -16 oz. glasses of water a day, I eat fresh foods because I love to cook. My blood pressure runs about 95/65 and my heartbeat is about 62.

That said... After I eat the first 2 of my 4-5 times a day, I want a nap. Actually the nap thing happens after breakfast - badly. I could be up 2 hours and have a light breakfast and then I want to sleep. The same thing happens 4 hours later when I have my lunchy thing. I can stay awake in the afternoon and the evening most of the time.

Should I take a vitamin? Any suggestions would be greatful because when I get up at 6 am....I am no good until about 1 or 2 in the afternoon. I go to bed around 10 pm.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
minks

I'm tired almost all day

Post by minks »

Any tingling in your hands or feet? Are you brusing easily and do minor cuts heal slower than normal?

If yes to these perhaps low iron.

There is also chronic fatigue syndrome which I know nothing about but I have heard it is rather common.

Or Mono.

Gosh hun I don't really know what to tell ya really except a visit to the doc's for a definate and professional diagnosis.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Odie

I'm tired almost all day

Post by Odie »

nvalleyvee;1203588 wrote: I know this started after my chemo 5 years ago. I drink 1 cup of coffee in the AM, I get 8-9 hours of sleep, I drink 1 soda a day and at least 4 -16 oz. glasses of water a day, I eat fresh foods because I love to cook. My blood pressure runs about 95/65 and my heartbeat is about 62.

That said... After I eat the first 2 of my 4-5 times a day, I want a nap. Actually the nap thing happens after breakfast - badly. I could be up 2 hours and have a light breakfast and then I want to sleep. The same thing happens 4 hours later when I have my lunchy thing. I can stay awake in the afternoon and the evening most of the time.

Should I take a vitamin? Any suggestions would be greatful because when I get up at 6 am....I am no good until about 1 or 2 in the afternoon. I go to bed around 10 pm.

normal blood pressure is 130 over 80......so yours is extremely low........check that with your doctor and see what you should be taking to help that......that alone will make you exhausted.......plus your heart rate is low.......all of this can cause fatigue.

- try yogurt with any fruit you like....put them in a blender, they mix up really really thick.........and it gives you energy.
Life is just to short for drama.
nvalleyvee

I'm tired almost all day

Post by nvalleyvee »

minks;1203592 wrote: Any tingling in your hands or feet? Are you brusing easily and do minor cuts heal slower than normal?

If yes to these perhaps low iron.

There is also chronic fatigue syndrome which I know nothing about but I have heard it is rather common.

Or Mono.

Gosh hun I don't really know what to tell ya really except a visit to the doc's for a definate and professional diagnosis.

Those are ALL NO. I've looked at it all. I really think it's post partum chemo - LMAO - and no one have addresed it yet
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
nvalleyvee

I'm tired almost all day

Post by nvalleyvee »

Odie;1203598 wrote: normal blood pressure is 130 over 80......so yours is extremely low........check that with your doctor and see what you should be taking to help that......that alone will make you exhausted.......plus your heart rate is low.......all of this can cause fatigue.

- try yogurt with any fruit you like....put them in a blender, they mix up really really thick.........and it gives you energy.

Doc told me I am the walking tired and offered no help. He said I would live into my 80's. That pissed me off.

I want to thank everyone. I will need to go to my doc and insist on my fatigue. I was such a happy camper before chemo. Another side effect of chemo is clumsy. I have a lot less control over my body. It just doesn't seem to matter what I do - I fall down, I have to sit to put on my pants, I really have to watch in the shower when I shave my legs, I have to watch in the kitchen that I watch the knives - my brain is faster than my hands.
Nomad

I'm tired almost all day

Post by Nomad »

Id suggest at least trying a multi vitamin specific to your condition. Personally I drink a power shake loaded with all the essential vits and minerals. Its 100% soluble. Do you get exercise ? Are you mentally stimulated ? If not try a regular bike ride and do a crossword puzzle every day. Change your routine. Eat less and more frequently.

Just ideas.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Odie

I'm tired almost all day

Post by Odie »

nvalleyvee;1203603 wrote: Doc told me I am the walking tired and offered no help. He said I would live into my 80's. That pissed me off.

I want to thank everyone. I will need to go to my doc and insist on my fatigue. I was such a happy camper before chemo. Another side effect of chemo is clumsy. I have a lot less control over my body. It just doesn't seem to matter what I do - I fall down, I have to sit to put on my pants, I really have to watch in the shower when I shave my legs, I have to watch in the kitchen that I watch the knives - my brain is faster than my hands.

You need another doctor!

as said earlier, the effects of chemo can last............
Nomad

I'm tired almost all day

Post by Nomad »

Odie;1203714 wrote: You need another doctor!

as said earlier, the effects of chemo can last............

Should she try to find out if her husband is slowly poisoning her ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
chonsigirl

I'm tired almost all day

Post by chonsigirl »

A good checkup at the doctor's is a good idea. Let us know how you're doing, NV.
Odie

I'm tired almost all day

Post by Odie »

Nomad;1203734 wrote: Should she try to find out if her husband is slowly poisoning her ?

chemo already did that.

I went through it.................

Return to “Health Wellness”