Bill Sikes

Swine flu now pandemic.

Post by Bill Sikes »

WHO - official.
farmer giles

Swine flu now pandemic.

Post by farmer giles »

dr WHO i presume :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

i just hope it does not into something like that spanish flu that killed 50 million :-3:-3
KarmaDoodle

Swine flu now pandemic.

Post by KarmaDoodle »

I got a breaking news alert about this earlier today. It's scary and has really made me more conscious of washing my hands and cleaning my desk area at work. I also just checked the flu tracker on Kleenex Anti-Viral* Tissue - Battle the Bug and it shows my state, VA, as having few cases of reported flu so far this year. I wonder how it will change in the coming weeks/months.
G#Gill

Swine flu now pandemic.

Post by G#Gill »

Pandemic just means that it is more widespread. In winter, one could say that 'flu in general is pandemic. Or that the common cold is pandemic. Quite honestly I aint going to loose sleep over this 'swine flu'. I take all reasonable precautions like avoiding crowds of people, and people coughing, etc. We have anti-bacterial hand wash in the house, which is used frequently, and we all wash our hands when we come into the house having been out. etc etc, in fact all the things we do as normal.

There is absolutely no point in panicking, just so long as common sense is used.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
G#Gill

Swine flu now pandemic.

Post by G#Gill »

farmer giles;1202194 wrote: dr WHO i presume :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

i just hope it does not into something like that spanish flu that killed 50 million :-3:-3

Whilst this earth is so over-populated, nature will continue to find ways of 'trimming the tree', unless man (of course) starts a huge war and people are killed in that way.
buttercup

Swine flu now pandemic.

Post by buttercup »

Is it nature's way of culling us?
Chockygirl

Swine flu now pandemic.

Post by Chockygirl »

Bill Sikes;1202187 wrote: WHO - official.

Bill,it's definitely a pandemic here in OZ,and more specifically, my state of Victoria.

The total cases for Australia, so far,have reached 1300,but my state,for some odd reason,has 1000 of those cases.:confused:

The good news is that it appears to be no more dangerous than the usual seasonal flu,but the scary part is the way it has exploded here even when the authorities have tried to contain the outbreaks,and if it had been the killer as predicted,we'd all be in serious strife.:(
G#Gill

Swine flu now pandemic.

Post by G#Gill »

buttercup;1202340 wrote: Is it nature's way of culling us?

Nature is very clever. A rather large and healthy tree in a field near where I live had a fairly large and healthy branch sticking out at one side of the trunk, making the tree unbalanced. The branch detached from the trunk and fell to the ground. An arborist was asked to check the tree, as somebody was concerned that the tree may be diseased. He confirmed that the tree and the branch were perfectly healthy, and that the tree had shed the branch to restore the balance of the tree - a natural action apparently ! This could indicate that trees are self aware !

Nature has a marvellous ability to heal itself ! Never underestimate nature.........:yh_think
spot

Swine flu now pandemic.

Post by spot »

The BBC's use of English just hit an all-time low...Mr Burnham said people should not change their day to day behaviour and follow hand hygiene guidelines.

BBC NEWS | UK | UK swine flu cases pass 900 mark

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
fuzzywuzzy

Swine flu now pandemic.

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Chockygirl;1202344 wrote:

Bill,it's definitely a pandemic here in OZ,and more specifically, my state of Victoria.

The total cases for Australia, so far,have reached 1300,but my state,for some odd reason,has 1000 of those cases.:confused:

The good news is that it appears to be no more dangerous than the usual seasonal flu,but the scary part is the way it has exploded here even when the authorities have tried to contain the outbreaks,and if it had been the killer as predicted,we'd all be in serious strife.:(

Ahhh another Victorian !!!!! Yay!!! Partee!!!!!

We have loads of people with it down here and it's a weaker strain of flu. I can tell you now I'd prefer the swine over the crap I've currently got. No one has died although our little hospital was shut down for a bit.

It was because of us victorians that it's now considered a pandemic .................Just doing our little bit for the world.:D

I don't believe that authorities have tried to contain it. No one is walking around with masks on and concerts and footy are still on the go . The authorities don't seem to be worried at all. we've just had one of those JJJ concerts 12,000 descended on a small town from all over Victoria, no one is worried. I'd prefer to get it and be immunised for later on if it really does get bad
Fyrenza

Swine flu now pandemic.

Post by Fyrenza »

Cripes,

that IS scary, it spreading so quickly and efficiently...
fuzzywuzzy

Swine flu now pandemic.

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

what's scary about it?

Return to “Health Wellness”