Dentist

Victoria

Dentist

Post by Victoria »

Ok so its time .. well at 10 am it will be...

and Im already quaking in my boots Im going for my check up..

Yeah just a check up not root canal stuff or anything but the dentist terrifies me.

My kids only found out about 2 years ago and couldnt beleive it I always took them twice a year and went first in the chair, so they never guessed how scared I was.

It was a bad experience with my first dental visit that caused the problem I know that and I know that any discomfort is only that a slight discomfort but the fear remains.

Why is it that dentists instill this kind of fear into so many of us?
Chockygirl

Dentist

Post by Chockygirl »

Oh,I'm with you,Victoria.

I've become SO terrified about going to the dentist as I've got older,that I think it's become somewhat of a phobia.:(

Good luck with the checkup.
Mutley

Dentist

Post by Mutley »

I'm the same as you Victoria - petrified!

I thought I had finally found a dentist I had some faith in but it turns out he is crap! 2 teeth that he worked on have now broken! I have 2 broken teeth on the left hand side and because I can't trust him I need to find another dentist but I am too scared to do it so I have put up with the broken ones for 6 months.

No idea why I am so scared (I have panic attacks even at the door to the dentist)

Good luck with your check up babes - you are so brave and I admire you. :-6
hoppy

Dentist

Post by hoppy »

Strange that your dentists would be that bad. Over here, I've been to a number of different dentists. My first and favorite one finally retired. I went to several that I rejected for one or another reason but their work was ok. My last dental visit was to a woman dentist from India. She pulled two teeth that had to be dug out. No pain until later. She gave me pills for the pain but, being the tough guy I am :wah: I didn't use them.
Victoria

Dentist

Post by Victoria »

Well I didnt need fillings but he has warned me that I will have to start thinking about replacing some very old crowns..

This guy is ok he knows Im afraid so never does anything unexpected and says if you want me to stop just raise your hand.

Its nice to know I can stop anytime I want.

He will do as much or as little at each visit as I want and will often say you need this or that think about it and call me in a week. That way I get the chance to gather courage!
minks

Dentist

Post by minks »

Victoria;1199939 wrote: Well I didnt need fillings but he has warned me that I will have to start thinking about replacing some very old crowns..

This guy is ok he knows Im afraid so never does anything unexpected and says if you want me to stop just raise your hand.

Its nice to know I can stop anytime I want.

He will do as much or as little at each visit as I want and will often say you need this or that think about it and call me in a week. That way I get the chance to gather courage!

Hmmm I was going to post a new thread about dental-a-phodia.

I was to the dentist yesterday (eeeek) and like yourself V the place terrifies me. I found out I absolutely must have 1 root canal done immediately... UGH.... and about 4 more after. Second priority, I have to get my 3 remaining wisdom teeth removed, I have not idea where I am going to get the courage from for these.:-5
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Peg

Dentist

Post by Peg »

Just the sound of the dentist's drill is all it takes for me to break out in a cold sweat.
qsducks

Dentist

Post by qsducks »

minks;1219639 wrote: Hmmm I was going to post a new thread about dental-a-phodia.

I was to the dentist yesterday (eeeek) and like yourself V the place terrifies me. I found out I absolutely must have 1 root canal done immediately... UGH.... and about 4 more after. Second priority, I have to get my 3 remaining wisdom teeth removed, I have not idea where I am going to get the courage from for these.:-5

Yuck, just had root canal about a year ago. Also have a cracked tooth and I know it's going to need another root canal...he says all teeth are viable..just pull the dam thing...$700 for a crown. I hate the dentist.
Odie

Dentist

Post by Odie »

good luck with your checkup!

I hate the dentist..........he inflicts pain!:-5:-5
Life is just to short for drama.
minks

Dentist

Post by minks »

qsducks;1219654 wrote: Yuck, just had root canal about a year ago. Also have a cracked tooth and I know it's going to need another root canal...he says all teeth are viable..just pull the dam thing...$700 for a crown. I hate the dentist.

wow just $700 ... I was quoted $2331.00 for my root canal and crown. Fing unbelievable, now that scares me worse.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Sheryl

Dentist

Post by Sheryl »

I hate the dentist too! my dentist actually called me a chickensh*t! I had to go in last week for some fillings and told them to just gas me! It was best dental experience I've had.

Just don't try to text while under the influence of the gas! :o
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son

Return to “Health Wellness”