Bells Palsy

buttercup

Bells Palsy

Post by buttercup »

Bells Palsy is very common and affects 1 in 60 people, if you are ever diagnosed with this condition i would be more than happy to chat to you and give you links to information, websites and forums i have found helpful. Some of the symptoms i have are listed below although others may not have so many or have many more than myself. Its very important to keep a positive mental attitude through this condition but thats a lot easier said than done.

Facial paralisis on one side

Drooped mouth

Slurred speech

Slight drooling

Dry mouth

Chapped lips

Unable to use straw or suck so drinking is hard

No taste

Food tends to get trapped all along the gum on right hand side

Upset tummy

Unable to use mouthwash with any effect

Dripping nose

Eye (grrrrr) this annoys me the most, constant streaming of water has led to a raw patch of skin under my eye with rubbing tears away

Constant tiredness and irritability, headache's, feeling down

Dont feel safe driving

Not keen to see anyone or have conversations

Night sweats
kazalala

Bells Palsy

Post by kazalala »

I dont have Bells Palsy, but i have heard of it:thinking:I hope you are feeling ok:-3does it eventually go away?

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
buttercup

Bells Palsy

Post by buttercup »

Yes for most people its three to six weeks but i can go on for years so i'm hoping i fall into the three to six weeks group as its not very pleasant :(
kazalala

Bells Palsy

Post by kazalala »

buttercup;1179581 wrote: Yes for most people its three to six weeks but i can go on for years so i'm hoping i fall into the three to six weeks group as its not very pleasant :(

I imagine its not very pleasant:( Im keeping my fingers crossed for you:-6:-4:-4

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Kathy Ellen

Bells Palsy

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Oh Buttercup:-4

I am so sorry that you have this condition. Hope you're feeling better soon. I can't even imagine what you're going through:confused:

Peg

Bells Palsy

Post by Peg »

Bells Palsy is one of those conditions I had heard of, only ever knew one person with it. All of the sudden, there is a guy my son works with, buttercup, and now a girl that I work with. Her daughter also has it too.
buttercup

Bells Palsy

Post by buttercup »

Very common Peg, apparently affects 1 in 60 people at some point.

Thanks for the photo Kathy, that made me smile :-4
Swimming maggie

Bells Palsy

Post by Swimming maggie »

My grandma had it for a while, but as you said it went away after a few months. Will keep my fingers crossed for you, take care:)
Kathy Ellen

Bells Palsy

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hey Buttercup:-4

How are ya feeling now....Hope all goes well;)
buttercup

Bells Palsy

Post by buttercup »

I cannot contain my excitement - I BLINKED :yh_rotfl I'm so happy, its not a great big blink but yey i done it.

Woo hoo i just done it again. This might sound pathetic but its like winning the lottery :yh_clap:yh_hugs
kazalala

Bells Palsy

Post by kazalala »

buttercup;1181385 wrote: I cannot contain my excitement - I BLINKED :yh_rotfl I'm so happy, its not a great big blink but yey i done it.

Woo hoo i just done it again. This might sound pathetic but its like winning the lottery :yh_clap:yh_hugs

aww thats brilliant Buttercup,,, and i can tell how happy you are:D:D:-4

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Peg

Bells Palsy

Post by Peg »

That is great news buttercup!
Peg

Bells Palsy

Post by Peg »

How are you doing now?

Return to “Health Wellness”