Fibromyalgia

Imladris

Fibromyalgia

Post by Imladris »

You may be aware that I suffer from fibromyalgia, well poor old Jimbo has also been recently diagnosed with it too, bless him.

I did pm him offering some advice and support and being the kind and generous soul that he is he suggested starting a thread for it so that others can join in too.

So here it is.............

carry on people, Dr Immy is in the house :D

But there will be no, repeat no, rectal exams...............:sneaky:
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
Kindle

Fibromyalgia

Post by Kindle »

In the US I've seen a magazine out on the news stand by this name.

Also, the drug Lyrica is touted as good for fibromyalgia when it involves the prickly pain sensations some suffer.

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
Kindle

Fibromyalgia

Post by Kindle »

You may not find many people here with this, but there are forms on the Net which deal solely with this topic.

I hope you find the interaction you seek.

Kindle

Fibromyalgia

Post by Kindle »

jimbo;1125431 wrote: interaction i seek :thinking::thinking::thinking:

spock is that you :thinking::thinking: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl just kidding :o:o

:yh_rotfl You make me smile...................

Imladris

Fibromyalgia

Post by Imladris »

Ok here goes, Immy draws a deep breath.........

Mine started with pain and loss of feeling in my hands, you get a strange sort of burning feeling too.

Then I developed at various times - irritable bowel syndrome, period problems - had a hysterectomy, sleep disorder, pain in other random places.

I also have a problem quite often with severe headaches that can last for weeks at a time.

Depression can also be triggered by fibromyalgia, but isn't a foregone conclusion.

What I have found is that I have had to learn to be aware of the signals that my body is sending to me when it gets to the stage that I need to stop or rest. If I don't then I suffer.

I know a couple of other people with this condition and back pain seems to be a common problem, I thought mine was just because of previous injuries but maybe not.

Getting help with sleep problems is vital, people with fibromyalgia need to sleep or they will be ill. My GP lets me have sleeping tablets on repeat prescription on the condition that I only take them a couple of nights a week so I don't get addicted. I can function fairly well if I have two good nights sleep a week, any less then I'm bad.

A strange side to this condition is that direct pressure to certain parts of the body is agony, if someone squeezes your arm for most people it's fine - for us it hurts and it lingers!

It's really hard to get a diagnosis for this condition as it's not that well known among doctors and some don't believe it exists. One of the worst parts for me was the months of not knowing what was wrong, one condition my GP thought it might have been was terminal so that was a shock!

This is a life-restricting condition if it is managed well, it needn't be life-destroying!

Imladris

Fibromyalgia

Post by Imladris »

jimbo;1126249 wrote: thanks immy :-6:-6

most of my fibro stuff does not bother me too much ,heavy legs and headaches .... the no sleeping is a killer and it seems to set up the killer attacks

i seem to have less syptoms than other friends that have it ,but when i get it boy do i get it ,my feet are sometimes so painfull i cant walk for a week or so the aches and pains are ok but if i get to tired then my speech tends to get slurred ant the pains get me ,i can honestly say its like someone digging a spike right through my foot i sweat and roll around the floor in agony ok someone else take a turn

I forgot that I get slurred speech sometimes - that seems quite common. Also concentration and memory can be affected.

My sympathy with the foot pain, I know that if it gets near my feet then I really have to slow down - it's just the worst place!

SuzyB

Fibromyalgia

Post by SuzyB »

I was diagnosed with this over 2 years ago, they also diagnosed me with Chronic Fatigue(ME) at the same time, it is blimmin horrible but I have to say that my Dr is great and having her support and help really does help, the other GPs made me feel like it was all in my mind!
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

Imladris

Fibromyalgia

Post by Imladris »

SuzyB;1128032 wrote: I was diagnosed with this over 2 years ago, they also diagnosed me with Chronic Fatigue(ME) at the same time, it is blimmin horrible but I have to say that my Dr is great and having her support and help really does help, the other GPs made me feel like it was all in my mind!

Blimey Suzy, there must be something in the water, two of you in one house!!!!

I had no idea that you had this too, hugs to you :-4

SuzyB

Fibromyalgia

Post by SuzyB »

Imladris;1128066 wrote: Blimey Suzy, there must be something in the water, two of you in one house!!!!

I had no idea that you had this too, hugs to you :-4

Cheers Immy :-4:-4
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

Return to “Health Wellness”