any one with (ME/CFS) Fibromyalgia

Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

jimbo;1001222 wrote: just wondering if any one has any of these illnesses, my doc seems to think that i have ME fibromyalger

all i can say is that the pains in my legs ,arms ,body and other bits plus the ibs ,sensitive skin and headaches seem much more serious to me than a bout of flippin yuppie flu :wah::wah:

i have rhu/ath test all negitive ,bone scans ,brain scans been worried sick i'm really ill and he comes up with yuppie flu :-5:-5

i should of gone to a quack no offence qs ducks :-3:-3

My youngest daughter had ME for seven years (nine to sixteen) - to the extent that she was virtually housebound for months at a time and bedbound for up to a week at a time.

Apart from the lethargy she had an intolerance to light and noise, an inability to concentrate, severe headaches etc. It stopped within six weeks of her turning vegetarian.

Some years later she was diagnosed with IBS but the treatment did nothing to help. By observation she tracked it down to lactose intolerance and cutting out dairy products cleared it up within a month.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

jimbo;1001393 wrote: thanks bryn

i have just joined a forum for people with this me thingy :thinking::thinking:

it seems quite common :thinking:

It is not unbeatable, it's a matter of finding the trigger.

I am not convinced that there's a direct link between ME, IBS and fibromyalgia though, and be sure of your diagnosis - a second opinion is always a good thing in my experience.
tedhutchinson

Post by tedhutchinson »

Bryn Mawr;1001589 wrote: It is not unbeatable, it's a matter of finding the trigger.

I am not convinced that there's a direct link between ME, IBS and fibromyalgia though, and be sure of your diagnosis - a second opinion is always a good thing in my experience.One common denominator underlying all these conditions is vitamin D deficiency.

Everyone with any of those conditions should ask for a 25(OH)D test to check their vitamin D status.

Ideal levels are above 50ng or 125nmol/l. to 70ng 175nmol/l.

Each 100iu/daily of Vitamin D3 raises status 1ng or 2.5nmol/l.

UK readers can get a Diasorin 25(OH)D test done for £40 from The Doctor's Laboratory Email them for a sample kit, Then take that to your GP/Practice nurse and ask for the blood to be drawn and a covering letter sent. You enclose your card details/cheque and within 24 hrs of the sample being returned you get the result.

It takes around 5000iu/daily to attain and maintain a status above 125nmol/l normally so you will be the exception if in the UK you can manage to sustain a safe level using less than that.

Apart from lactose many people get this type of syndrome from gluten. It's simple enough to eliminate wheat and gluten for a while to see if you feel better. I've been following this eating plan and it's made a huge difference to may weight. If I had acne or suspected I had lactose intolerance I'd cut out the dairy as well but as I mainly eat yoghurt and that's fermented I don't seem to have a problem with it.

Return to “Health Wellness”