Basil Cell Carcinoma

Clint

Basil Cell Carcinoma

Post by Clint »

I just got home from having a basil cell carcinoma removed from my nose. It’s the second time it’s been removed from that spot and I’m amazed at how the process has improved since the last time. This time they took a slice of my nose then mapped it in the lab to see where to go with the next slice until they had removed it all. Once they were sure it was all gone they took some skin from my left ear and grafted it to my nose...do you think my nose will become sensative to sound.:wah:

This comming winter when the chance for sun exposure is limited I will have to use a cream that will remove the additional carcinoma from my face which starts at my chin and ends at the top of my spine. They say it works well but you get real ugly for a few weeks.

The Doctor said I’ll be as incredibly handsome as I ever was when it all heals but cautioned me about exposure to the sun.

Does anyone have advice on how to stay shielded from the sun? Baseball caps don’t do a good enough job and I don’t want to wear a funky looking wide brimmed hat. Are there any cool looking brimmed hats that won’t detract from my remarkable good looks?;)

Does anyone have experience with this sort of thing and advice on how to avoid more surgery in the future? It kinda hurts.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
spot

Basil Cell Carcinoma

Post by spot »

No experience, no. How about staying indoors?

Didn't that leave your left ear skinless?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Clint

Basil Cell Carcinoma

Post by Clint »

spot;936090 wrote: No experience, no. How about staying indoors?

Didn't that leave your left ear skinless?

Indoors works until I start climbing the walls. I have to spend time outdoors for my sanity.

The just took a piece of my left ear right where it attaches to my face. They were very careful not to distrub my good looks.:D
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
spot

Basil Cell Carcinoma

Post by spot »

I must say I'm impressed by that cream. The wonders of modern science, eh?

The solution to sunlight's easy - go out after dark. (I may sound flippant but I'm trying to be useful). Did they say what to do about vitamin D supplements?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Clint

Basil Cell Carcinoma

Post by Clint »

I have to go back next week to get the stitches out. I will ask about vitamin D. That is a very good question.

I can go out at night...I just love bing in the sun though...dang!

I do understand you are trying to be helpful.
Clint

Basil Cell Carcinoma

Post by Clint »

spot;936115 wrote: I must say I'm impressed by that cream. The wonders of modern science, eh?

It's actually a Chemo therapy you apply yourself. Pretty amazing.
RedGlitter

Basil Cell Carcinoma

Post by RedGlitter »

Hi Clint,

Wow, I'm sorry you have to go through this but glad that your doctor is on top of it. My uncle had a carcinoma removed from his nose as well and it healed quite nicely. They offered him plastic surgery but he thought it looked nice enough he didn't bother. I personally don't know of any tips I could offer but one thing I can do is scout out some attractive hats for you! I will get on that tonight and show you what I find. Maybe there will be something you'll like. :)
Clint

Basil Cell Carcinoma

Post by Clint »

Thank you for the kindness. The Dr. is on top of it...she's about the same age as my daughter and both a Dermatologist and a Plastic Surgeon.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with for hats. You are very creative and resourceful.
Clint

Basil Cell Carcinoma

Post by Clint »

JAB;936190 wrote: Clint, I too don't have any experience in this but I have been know to say a prayer or two in my time and will gladly talk to the Big Guy for ya. ;)

Not being out in the sun would drive me batty too but there are ways. Besides the hat, you just have to position yourself in the shade or under an umbrella where you could still enjoy the sunshine even if you can't be out in it.

Thank you for the prayer. This is pretty small stuff compared to what others are going through right now so I'm just thankful for what has and can be done.

I like that umbrella idea. I could keep it open all the time...rain and shine.:-6
CARLA

Basil Cell Carcinoma

Post by CARLA »

I have had a few removed from my legs and my upper chest. The nose is a tough area to keep out of the sun. I use the clear zinc Oxide on my nose all the time now. It works better than any sunscreen in my opinion. :-6 Truth is you have to keep its covered with something when your outside just have to.

I have sun damage because I live in San Diego and grew up on the beach lucky for me my face doesn't have any just a few spot on my legs. I have a darker skin tone and that saved me but there is damage and I have to stay out of the sun now as much as possible. :(
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Kathy Ellen

Basil Cell Carcinoma

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Just posted a thought to you Clint....and it disappeared into cyber space:-5 Will come back in a bit...must follow the dust bunnies to see where it went.....
Clint

Basil Cell Carcinoma

Post by Clint »

CARLA;936208 wrote: I have had a few removed from my legs and my upper chest. The nose is a tough area to keep out of the sun. I use the clear zinc Oxide on my nose all the time now. It works better than any sunscreen in my opinion. :-6 Truth is you have to keep its covered with something when your outside just have to.

I have sun damage because I live in San Diego and grew up on the beach lucky for me my face doesn't have any just a few spot on my legs. I have a darker skin tone and that saved me but there is damage and I have to stay out of the sun now as much as possible. :(

Does the clear zink oxide make your nose shinny? I simply can't have that with my good looks and all.:wah:

Seriously, I'll give it a try. Thank you!
CARLA

Basil Cell Carcinoma

Post by CARLA »

:wah:Yes it does have a bit of a shine to it, but it beats the white zinc oxide which can give you the look of a clown. ;)

[QUOTE]Does the clear zink oxide make your nose shinny? I simply can't have that with my good looks and all.

Seriously, I'll give it a try. Thank you![/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Clint

Basil Cell Carcinoma

Post by Clint »

CARLA;936234 wrote: :wah:Yes it does have a bit of a shine to it, but it beats the white zinc oxide which can give you the look of a clown. ;)

Oh good, I'll still look purdy.
Lon

Basil Cell Carcinoma

Post by Lon »

Clint;936080 wrote: I just got home from having a basil cell carcinoma removed from my nose. It’s the second time it’s been removed from that spot and I’m amazed at how the process has improved since the last time. This time they took a slice of my nose then mapped it in the lab to see where to go with the next slice until they had removed it all. Once they were sure it was all gone they took some skin from my left ear and grafted it to my nose...do you think my nose will become sensative to sound.:wah:

This comming winter when the chance for sun exposure is limited I will have to use a cream that will remove the additional carcinoma from my face which starts at my chin and ends at the top of my spine. They say it works well but you get real ugly for a few weeks.

The Doctor said I’ll be as incredibly handsome as I ever was when it all heals but cautioned me about exposure to the sun.

Does anyone have advice on how to stay shielded from the sun? Baseball caps don’t do a good enough job and I don’t want to wear a funky looking wide brimmed hat. Are there any cool looking brimmed hats that won’t detract from my remarkable good looks?;)

Does anyone have experience with this sort of thing and advice on how to avoid more surgery in the future? It kinda hurts.

What a coincidence Clint----------Just this morning I had my second Mose Procedure to take a Basel Cell Carcinoma off of my nose. I had this done just three months ago on another part of my nose. In my case, they took a bit of skin off my neck to fill in the hole on my nose that was left from removing the cancer. Basel cell cancers are pretty common and just about all the old farts in my golf group have had them removed. My Dermatologist assured me that I will no doubt have some more as time goes on. All from living on the Florida Beaches when I was going to college and no sun screen. The Basel Cells we get today are generally from long ago exposure to the sun without sunblock. I am 74 now Clint, and had my first Basel Cell removed when I was 45. It was on my forehead. Thanks to good doctors and Plastic Surgery I too am as handsome as ever.
Clint

Basil Cell Carcinoma

Post by Clint »

Lon;936255 wrote: What a coincidence Clint----------Just this morning I had my second Mose Procedure to take a Basel Cell Carcinoma off of my nose. I had this done just three months ago on another part of my nose. In my case, they took a bit of skin off my neck to fill in the hole on my nose that was left from removing the cancer. Basel cell cancers are pretty common and just about all the old farts in my golf group have had them removed. My Dermatologist assured me that I will no doubt have some more as time goes on. All from living on the Florida Beaches when I was going to college and no sun screen. The Basel Cells we get today are generally from long ago exposure to the sun without sunblock. I am 74 now Clint, and had my first Basel Cell removed when I was 45. It was on my forehead. Thanks to good doctors and Plastic Surgery I too am as handsome as ever.

This is quite a coincidence. I had my first one removed from the same spot when I was 56. I'm now 60. I am very thankful for the advances in medical science that allow us to get rid of these things before they go to the next stage.

I think my exposure came from working on farms in Idaho. We used to take great pride in how dark we could get through the summer. Those days are over:-1

How do you guard against the sun these days?
Lon

Basil Cell Carcinoma

Post by Lon »

Clint;936259 wrote: This is quite a coincidence. I had my first one removed from the same spot when I was 56. I'm now 60. I am very thankful for the advances in medical science that allow us to get rid of these things before they go to the next stage.

I think my exposure came from working on farms in Idaho. We used to take great pride in how dark we could get through the summer. Those days are over:-1

How do you guard against the sun these days?

I lube up with Sun Block SPF 55 and wear a cap when playing golf or tennis.

Return to “Health Wellness”